October 2, 2014 | 1156 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo - Too Cool

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2014 10:26:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

My 1st Color Tattoo. I ended up buying Chanel Fantasme 81 e/s too long ago & they are similar in color but the Chanel is more whipped. I collect white eyeshadows, so I will still get tons of wear out of this & it will prob be dried up by the time I get to using it up! It comes in a very generous pot for US$6-$7 at DS/supermarket chains where Maybelline is sold. This can be built up quite opaque so I could see where this would be good as worn as a base or I mean, it's pretty on its own too w black eyeliner & BabyLips.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2014 10:15:00 PM More reviews by Madisonnyoka

I HATE THIS PRODUCT!! It doesn't go on smoothly at all! It's patchy, it hardly blends. I tried to work with it for about 20 minutes and it just kept looking worse and worse. Don't waste your money on this! I wish I could love this product but I loathe it. Into the trash it goes.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2014 11:16:00 PM More reviews by alg208

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

this is okay. i thought this would be kind of like the nyx jumbo pencil in milk. i don't live next to an ulta or a target that sells nyx. so i really wanted a white base that would make colors pop. but this is shimmery and not as pigmented as milk is. it's not that good for making colors pop. it's cool if you want to put it in your inner corner, but it's too light for my olive toned skin. i really wish i would of thought it over before buying it. it's nice though, just a little clumpy. i love the color tattoos, bad to the bronze is my favorite. but this one was a little clumpy and weird to apply to my eyelid. i would only recommend this if you have fair or light/medium skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by AmyAngel96

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have super-oily eyelids, so I was really wary of trying any cream shadows. But I saw the great reviews on these and decided to give them a try, and I'm glad I did! I always wear them over Nars Smudgeproof primer (worth every penny!) and usually combine them with powder shadows, and have had no creasing at all. They've stayed on and looked great for 10-12 hours consistently. I use a concealer brush to apply them.

I use Too Cool primarily as a base for colorful shadows. It really makes the powder shadows on top of it pop, and helps them to stay on, as well. It also seems to help slightly in holding glitter on that would usually fall out. This is probably my most-used color of Color Tattoo shadows. It's definitely frosty, but that seems to help the colors on top of it pop even more. I doubt I'll ever use it by itself, even sheered out, but it's totally worth it as a base.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by sabrinalovesmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't use these as eye shadows I use these as bases for other powder shadows!! These make my shadows last all day and they give them something extra!! I would tell anyone to try these... I have all of them and I'm addicted!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2013 11:36:00 PM More reviews by Misspoiltes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this as my highlight, but it would be difficult to use this all over your lid. I wish I could do something about the texture of this stuff, it gets hard (I guess that's the right word) and patchy and its hard to blend. Beautiful white color, but quality of it is poor. You cant tell when you're wearing it though. I would buy it again

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2013 5:02:00 PM More reviews by mzjade22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got this because NYX jumbo pencil in milk was out of stock at Ulta. This is ok as a base. Its very shimmery, didnt work as well at making colors pop the Milk does.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2013 11:09:00 AM More reviews by deadonarrivals

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my first color tattoo! After all this time, I decided to finally try one out. I purchased Too Cool because I was looking for a white highlight and inner tear duct shade to really brighten up the eye look. I'm pretty picky with my highlight shade because some are either too yellow, frosty, boring, sparkly or fade. Too Cool is pretty much perfect for this area. It does have a shimmer to it but it isn't stripperisque or inappropriate for certain ages. You can only notice the shimmer in certain lighting. Wow, staying power is incredible. It looks vibrant all day long. I'm someone with oily skin & lids so that was the main reason why I stayed away from cream shadows but this Maybelline Color Tattoo really impresses me. Because I'm oily, I did use a shadow primer with this (Lorac Behind the Scenes) but I'm sure if you have normal skin, you wouldn't really need a primer. This is a buildable shade meaning it doesn't go on stark white in your face. I got my desired level of pigment with two layers. I apply this with a sponge tip shadow applicator and blend out with my finger. Packagine is cute and you do get a lot of product for $6.99. I'm very happy with this and I think I will pick up more shades.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2013 6:42:00 PM More reviews by Parisa909

My new eyeshadow base! When looking at swatches for the Color Tattoo range I instantly wanted Too Cool, as I thought it would make a perfect eyeshadow base to make colours pop. This particular one wasn't available in the UK so I had to buy off eBay. Anyways, compared to the MAC Paint Pots 'Too Cool' is fabulously pigmented, applies smooth on the eyes and has a great consistency to it. It can be built up or down, depending on what you want. The staying power? Lasts all day. So I apply with the synthetic UD brush, wait a minute then apply my eyeshadows over the top. They really do look so much more brighter and vibrant, much more than they used to look with Bare Study.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2013 6:50:00 PM More reviews by marshiemallow14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Bought this to use as a primer. Had a tough time deciding between Too Cool and Taupe, but thought that this would make a better plain primer for all colours. Really smooth and easy to spread and blend. Makes a great primer and highlighter for the bone. Even on its own it brightens eyes up.