Maybelline Color Tattoo - Tough as Taupe

Ingredients.Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Ceresin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Caprylyl Methicone, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Alumina, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cyclomethicone, Propylene Carbonate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Caprylyl Glycol, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Tin Oxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Paraffin. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 16035 / Red 40 Lake, CI 77000 / Aluminum Powder, CI 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 77400 / Bronze Powder, CI 77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77742 / Manganese Violet, CI 77400 / Copper Powder, CI 77163 / Bismuth Oxychloride, CI 77510 / Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide.. ...

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This creases within an hour, which is very rare for me. The color, texture, and blendability are beautiful. It's the perfect base for smoky eyes... If only it didn't crease.

This is the driest of my color tattoos, it is a bit difficult to blend and work with, but it does make for a great neutral base when I want a darker look. I also love this in combination with the Color Tattoo Barely Branded. Put this one all over the eye, build it up on the outer eye, blend it out so that it fades up to nothing but is dark close to the lash line, then put barely branded on the inner eye and blend out as a gradient and I get so many compliments - wow, your eyeshadow is so nice and you worked so hard (ummm no. its a cheap and cheerful quick look that works for the office and night).

The formula is a bit tricky, its drier than my other color tattoos, so it does take a little longer to blend, it dries on the eyelid quicker and its a bit more difficult to build up.

That little pot of colour has great lasting power though, I've had mine for nearly two years and I still haven't made a dent in it. I'd like to finish it up this year so intend to use it as an eyeshadow base, all over the lid and then use powders in the outer v and socket to give the look a bit more depth. Its also great for a simple French smokey eye, intensify it at the lashline and blend up and fade it upwards, a bit of black eyeliner and again, good to go, quick and easy and yet looks very sophisticated.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

The colour itself is great. But there are two things that make me not to repurchase this product.
First, it fades on me. Yes, it doesn't exactly crease but it just disappears into thin air with out a primer.
Second, it dries out even quicker than the MAC Paint Pots. So no, I will not get it again.

In my experience, this goes on patchy, fades quickly, and creases to boot. I've tried it with and without Urban Decay primer and with and with out a powder product on top to set it. Very disappointing because I like the colour a lot.

For reference, i'm neutral leaning warm. I just recently got into cream eyeshadows. I picked up bad to the bronze and inked pink and love love love using them as bases. I was sketchy about picking this shade up because based on reviews i read it could be patchy and seemed to dry out faster than other CT. so i bought this maybe 2-3 months ago, swatched it, was meh because i dont have many taupe/grey/silver shadows because i thought the coloring wouldn't work for me. Threw it it with the rest of my stash to be forgotten. All that changed when i picked up UD "Smoked" palette (D/C, found it at NordstromRack for $19) and saw the ever so popular shade Mushroom was included in it and i immediately that tough as taupe would make an amazing base with it. I was right :)

I was so happy when i dug it out of my stash and swatched it again it was still very creamy, not patchy at all. I apply with my finger over my lid and blend into the crease. Then mushroom over the lid and another UD shade "Asphalt" on the outer portion of the lid and its BEAUTIFUL silvery grey eye. Very daytime appropriate for the office if i'm wearing darker colors.

I dont reach for it daily, but often enough. I'm curious now that i use it more if it will dry out faster. I think i would still repurchase even if it did dry out.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I use this product as an eyebrow filler. I am NC15 with mousy-brown hair.

This is a very grey/cool based brown which is very creamy and easy to pick up on an angled brush it also spreads easily on my eyebrows. With being so creamy you can't really get that detailed look of hairs but if you want a more solid based to fill in holes it works great. I don't find that it has all day lasting power as I have very oily skin. I will repurchase this in the future unless I can find a pencil replacement for this.

I have used this for a couple of weeks now and I really like it. I am bad with complicated eye makeup - terrible with liner and can't apply color well except for easy to manage, single swipe colors. I pat this on with my finger and it goes on great - not too difficult to move around but it is not very creamy, more like putty. Stays put all day and does not make my crepey eyelids look worse (and that is amazing but it is a matte shade so that helps). I do agree with those who say this is not taupe - it really looks light grey on me. But I like that as it seems to work really well with my blue/grey eyes. If you don't mind the color pulling more grey - this stuff is great.

FYI - I use this product for my eyebrows (nc20 skin with typical black Asian hair).

As an eyeshadow, it does last long, but it is a bit harder to apply and blend compared to some of the other colors in this line.

But as a brow product, this is amazing! It's not too creamy so you don't have to worry about getting those "Instagram eyebrows". This product stays put all day! As a school student, I get tired a lot and often rest my face on my arms. Tough as Taupe does not rub off. Having black eyebrows, most products tend to have a warm undertone that clashes. This product provides the perfect cool undertone. If I want brows to be a bit more dramatic (say I'm doing a smokey eye), I'll layer a cheap black drugstore shadow on top.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

First off, if you're looking to buy this, look at the swatches first because the color is not how it appears in the jar! It's gray, not neutral brown like I thought it was.
It lasts all day, is pigmented, and doesn't crease although I never use it because because of how hard to apply it is. It is a very, very dry formula, and the color is extremely hard to spread evenly and blend on your eyelid because of how quickly it dries down. It gives you almost no time to work with because it sets almost instantly after applying it to your lid. The only use I have had for it is as eyeliner or brow filler, but still, there are so many colors I prefer than gray for those for my medium skin and black hair.

I actually really liked this color for my eyes. Haven't tried it on my brows but after reading the reviews I may have to try it out!

It is a little stiff and the name is very misleading for the color. But I found if I used a really light touch the color almost looked like a light gray/purple shade. I tried it the next day darker and it was like a slate gray maybe not the most flattering color but not horrible. The think the problem is that it is sooo matte it can look flat. One huge positive is the durability. It lasted all day and (yes i'm about to say it) thru the night. I didn't wash it off and it was still there the next day!!!! I WANT EVERY COLOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!