September 22, 2014 | 1071 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo - Tough as Taupe

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2014 10:20:00 PM More reviews by Geekwmakeup

I recently found another use for this amazing product. Instead of dropping $$$$ for anastasia brow gel, I just use this. 2 steps in 1 for brows bc it shapes and fills, since it's kind of like a pencil but also is a shadow(I use the free brush that comes w their gel liner). Speeds up my brow process. Just this and brow mascara, and my super thin brows are filled, shaped, and frozen. Saves $$$ AND ZERO orange/red tones that so many brow pencils, even taupe ones which are really hazel, have in sunlight. Perfect color for cool toned brunette ladies, warmer toned ones need to get creamy beige, another GORGEOUS brow-friendly color. Yay amazing drugstore products!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 3:02:00 PM More reviews by goblinwand

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Eyebrow filler! If this particular shade works for your hair coloring, which would be cool-toned brown, Tough as Taupe is great! The reason I like it over powder is that it gives that little bit of wax effect for shaping and staying power. I used this after I brushed my brows into place as a filler with an eyeliner brush. Then I brushed (with my brow/lash brush using the brush part) my eyebrows into place, which further softens the effect.

I have been using a powder, but I like this better because it doesn't "mush" out of line, getting color out of the area I want it in.

Because it's the Color Tattoo, it has all-day lasting power. I haven't road tested this yet while sleeping in it, but will update.

It's matte, so is perfect for brows. I read somewhere a long time ago that using taupe eyebrow pencil is better than the browns because there's no chance of pulling red tones. I've been using taupes ever since, and it looks much more natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2014 1:34:00 AM More reviews by MsBeagle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was the first of the color tattoos I bought, and while the color on my lid looked different than in the pot, I like the color I found it to be more than I looked the color I thought it would be! It's the perfect shade that's dark enough to add dimension, but alone with mascara and tightlined eyes, can still be daytime without being too bold or shocking. Building it up can get a beautiful deep nighttime look that doesn't shift, fall, crease on me or fade weird. I have a tendency to look like I'd been in a fight with dark shadows after a few hours, but not with this! With Mac liquidlast eyeliner and waterproof mascara, 6 hours of tough work later, looked freshly applied and didn't budge! I have a job where my hands are constantly in the sink and wet for hours, and my first swatch in my hand looked untouched after 5 hours of work. UN. Real. I had to play a couple minutes the first time because I was new to cream shadows and had to get a feel, but I love it applied with finger or a brush. Feels a little drier and not as creamy and soft s my others (inked and pink and the gray one...) But i'm not sure if mine was clearancing out because it was old, our if it was the color or because it's so matte. But I don't mind. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2014 9:01:00 AM More reviews by missmelodya

this is my go-to product for lined eyes without harshness. it lasts and lasts. on my porcelain skin and hazel eyes this shade looks grey. it is very easy to apply with a liner brush and once it dries it stays put until you remove it. does not stain, dry out, or pull the skin. i've got several of these (including pink gold and pomegranate punk) and out of all of them this one is my favourite. i love the matte finish and the longevity of wear. between the ease of use, quality of product, affordability, and durability of packaging, i highly recommend this to anyone. a universally flattering shade for all ages.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 8:35:00 AM More reviews by Elfinoz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was really impressed by this product. I have avoided cream eyeshadows for years due to my oily skin that made makeup fade, crease or completely disappear. I tried it after hearing numerous reviews about how well it performs and I wasn't disappointed. This wears really well, can be blended with either fingers or brushes and stays put like nobody's business! I have tried it on it's own and with powder shadows layered over the top and it performs well in both applications. My only lament is that it's the only neutral colour that doesn't have shimmer...at my age shimmer is a no go and I would love to see more neutral shades without the shimmer. This is going to be making a regular appearance in my makeup bag.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2014 7:30:00 PM More reviews by upinspace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is a staple for when I want to do a slightly deep eye look. On my eyes it just looks like a pretty medium toned grey, it sticks all day and creates a lovely based.

Compared to the other color tattoos, this one actually performs above average for me. Love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2014 11:26:00 PM More reviews by ATay7

I love the Maybelline Color Tattoos, but NOT the color of this one. It doesn't look anything like the color in the container, I was extremely surprised when I put this on my eyes. it just looked like a super dark gray eyeshadow. Don't like and want to give this away.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2014 10:54:00 PM More reviews by allthingsmakeupnbeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

:::EDIT 7/8/14:::
I youtubed how to restore dried out cream potted products and found some great ideas on how to get my jar back to a creamy non dried consistency so I'm bumping the rating up since this product is really great.

I got this shade when the line initially debuted. This isn't a true taupe but more like a medium warm grey with a hint of taupe. Gorgeous color nonetheless. The matte finish is great for a simple everyday office look. When I first bought this, I was using it almost everyday for a couple of months. The initial application was smooth and easy to blend out into the crease with a denser blending brush. Concerning the "24hour wear", personally, everything I apply to my lids will crease including these without a primer and my HG is UDPP. I did stop using it after a couple of months because I got into using Bad to the Bronze and have finally hit pan on that baby. But that is for another review... Recently I was going through my collection of color tattoos( I do have a slight obession with these because of how well Bad to the Bronze performs) I noticed that all still were creamy and easy to blend before they dry on the lid except for TAT. It actually seems to be drying up around the edges and toughening up in texture. Really sucks though because I was wanting to bring it back into my makeup rotation. I can still sort of use it but it now applies patchy and some what uneven. Deciding on just gettin a new one and chucking my old one out. I had first purchased this one with BTTB yet this one dried out way before BTTB. BTTB has actually yet to dry out on me and still makes my everyday makeup look easypeasy. None of my other CTs show any signs of drying out so I'm not sure of the typical life span of these cream products. Other than the drying out part, I do like this this color and will probably repurchase during this weeks 40% OFF Maybelline at Rite Aid sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2014 9:51:00 PM More reviews by SophiaSopapilla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is pretty decent. I use it as a base for powder shadow and there is no creasing, color stays true. Eyeliner glides on over it with no problem. I put primer and foundation on before I apply.
One day I went without it for some reason and by noon my shadow had creased ridiculously. I also have less fallout from my shadows with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2014 2:10:00 PM More reviews by sophieeanne

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The Maybelline color tattoo in Tough as Taupe wasn't very pleasant for my liking. The color is way to dark for my shade range. I will say I absolutely love the color tattoos, I didn't like this color and I didn't like the extra shimmer in this product, it would have been better matte. I would so recommend this product but just not this particular shade.

Retail price- $7.00