Maybelline Color Tattoo - Painted Purple

3.0

Ingredients.Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Ceresin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Caprylyl Methicone, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Alumina, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cyclomethicone, Propylene Carbonate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Caprylyl Glycol, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Tin Oxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Paraffin. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 16035 / Red 40 Lake, CI 77000 / Aluminum Powder, CI 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 77400 / Bronze Powder, CI 77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77742 / Manganese Violet, CI 77400 / Copper Powder, CI 77163 / Bismuth Oxychloride, CI 77510 / Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide.. ...

on 6/24/2015 5:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I love Maybelline's Color Tattoo cream/gel shadow products and have a good many of them...but unfortunately, they are not all created equally in quality.

I was drawn to Painted Purple, like many others, because of the lovely med-purple shade with a pearl finish. Unfortunately, when applied, it's a very sheer formula and doesn't apply evenly across the lid, but very blotchy.
Because of this, I don't use this as a shadow but as a base for other purple shadows. As a base it works really well to amp up the intensity of other shadows I place over it and to keep it long-lasting and doesn't crease.

I have been running through this base pretty quickly and have actually "hit pan", so to speak, because I do use purple shadows a lot, as that's my favorite color to wear. I would probably end up repurchasing this just because it's a pretty decent base...but, if I can find a better pigmented purple base out there, I may not. I will be trying my NYX purple jumbo pencil as a base in place of this one, soon, too.

I would not recommend this as a stand-alone shadow, but as a sheer wash of purple for a base.

on 11/2/2014 3:23:00 PM

This is the worst color tattoo I have tried. It was also the first I got so I don't know why I bought any more. But this purple is very splotchy and chunky. It creases like crazy and just isn't a flattering color.

on 7/3/2014 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I am in love with the Maybelline color tattos, but unfortunately this for me did not take the cake.

First off the color is what initally drew me in, I am African-American, and I knew this color would pop with my skin tone unfotunately, the formula was just not up to par compared to the rest of the collection. The color was not only unpigmented but very patchy. I would be trying to pack it on and then it would look very uneven, and I would end up just taking it all off.
The best I found to use this product is just smudged on the lower lash line for a pop of color which does look beautiful.

I thought this product would wow me but instead I was left quite underwhelmed.

on 6/16/2014 8:32:00 AM

I love the Color Tattoos. I have 17 of them but I can say this color is my least favourite. It's a lovely colour and has the perfect amount of pigment, but I find it goes blotchy when applying and isn't as smooth as the others.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is the first color tattoo i tried out, and i love it!!! The color is beautiful and very pigmented, it is wonderful as a shadow and a base. The Staying power is good, and there is a lot of product which is defiantly worth the price. The only problem with it, is that it can occasionally go on patchy. I would defiantly repurchase.

on 5/8/2014 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This isn't as bold as it appears in the jar but it's pretty awesome. I love this shadow and it looks great on its own. The color is much better than Sunwashed Sky, which to me took too long to build. This is more of a washed purple that is not in your face.

Formula was same as other tattoos for me.

I absolutely love this lipstick! I was worried about the color because I had read so many bad reviews about it. But, I really wanted to try it so I finally gave in and bought it. I'm soooo glad I did! First of all the Maybelline Color Tattoo eye shadows are the best I have ever used. I know when I put them on they're gonna stay put as long as I need them too. When I first put the color on it was for practice only. I applied once and it was a beautiful light lilac color. Then I applied it once more and out was a darker shade. That's the good thing about these Maybelline Tattoo shadows. YOU control how light or dark you want to wear it. Some people said they had a hard time applying it. I used only my finger and it went on perfectly. I've got at least 10 shades in the tattoo line and I love every one of them.

on 1/2/2014 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This is the worst purple base. No pigment and creases with primer on. Would not recommend.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I thought that the color was so pretty in the pot when I bought it, but it's difficult to get the same opacity when applying it. It came off very sheer and I don't know if it was just mine but it was not as creamy as the other color tattoos (like bad to the bronze). I thought it was sorta of dry and hard to blend evenly. I got a lot of uneven patches of colors and streaks. I did find that applying it with my fingers helped to soften the product, and I could get a smooth application. To be honest i don't really like wearing bright colors, so a sheer application of this was nice for me. It is still a very pretty color, and works well as a base for other purple powder eyeshadows. It makes them look more pigmented and vibrant. I love that you get a lot of product.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

After buying this color the first time, I ended up buying 6 more! If not used with a primer though the color might bleed into your creases. All in all it is definitely worth a try.

Popular Eye Shadows