April 19, 2014 | 935 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo 24hr Cream Gel Shadow in Painted Purple

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2014 11:52:00 PM More reviews by oPiercedPrincesso

I absolutely love this lipstick! I was worried about the color because I had read so many bad reviews about it. But, I really wanted to try it so I finally gave in and bought it. I'm soooo glad I did! First of all the Maybelline Color Tattoo eye shadows are the best I have ever used. I know when I put them on they're gonna stay put as long as I need them too. When I first put the color on it was for practice only. I applied once and it was a beautiful light lilac color. Then I applied it once more and out was a darker shade. That's the good thing about these Maybelline Tattoo shadows. YOU control how light or dark you want to wear it. Some people said they had a hard time applying it. I used only my finger and it went on perfectly. I've got at least 10 shades in the tattoo line and I love every one of them.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2014 2:14:00 AM More reviews by belinduh319

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the worst purple base. No pigment and creases with primer on. Would not recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2013 3:00:00 AM More reviews by meganxoxo1996

I thought that the color was so pretty in the pot when I bought it, but it's difficult to get the same opacity when applying it. It came off very sheer and I don't know if it was just mine but it was not as creamy as the other color tattoos (like bad to the bronze). I thought it was sorta of dry and hard to blend evenly. I got a lot of uneven patches of colors and streaks. I did find that applying it with my fingers helped to soften the product, and I could get a smooth application. To be honest i don't really like wearing bright colors, so a sheer application of this was nice for me. It is still a very pretty color, and works well as a base for other purple powder eyeshadows. It makes them look more pigmented and vibrant. I love that you get a lot of product.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by ImperfectionIsBeauty911

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

After buying this color the first time, I ended up buying 6 more! If not used with a primer though the color might bleed into your creases. All in all it is definitely worth a try.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2013 11:23:00 AM More reviews by victoria0926

The first color tattoo from the line I ever tried was Bad to the Bronze, so when I bought this purple color tattoo, I had high expectations for it. I was expecting it to be creamy, easy to blend, and true to color like the other formulas. Painted Purple looks like a really deep, rich purple in the pot, but when applied to the eye and blended out, it looks like a dull, greyed purple. I found that it applied kind of patchily to my eyelids and wasn't the most ideal base for powder products. My purple eye shadows looked better when I just used Too Faced Shadow Insurance and layered the shadow over top of that. It's hard to find purple shadows with good formulas that don't look dull on the eyes, so I feel like I wouldn't have been as disappointed with the product if I didn't know how amazing the other colors in the line were.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2013 3:35:00 PM More reviews by Makeupjunky14

It is such a pretty color! I don't like it as a shadow, so I use it as an eyeliner, even then it doesn't last long. I put a primer on and put a purple eyeliner on under and it still does not last long.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by paintingitpink

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I know this eyeshadow is getting some bad reviews. I agree - as an eyeshadow it's not the greatest. It's definitely not as pigmented as the other tattoo colors (Bad to the Bronze is amazing!). By itself, it's not a great eyeshadow.

However, I think this makes an amazing eyeshadow base for purple eyeshadow. The colour is an exact dupe to NYX's jumbo eye pencil in Purple, but unlike the jumbo eye pencils, it doesn't crease!

It's a great base to make my purple eyeshadow look more vibrant. I like layering Vellum, Seedy Pearl and Satellite Dreams over it. It also pairs beautifully with my plummy browns such as Twins and Sable.

If you're looking for a good eyeshadow "base" this works great. If you're looking for a vibrant purple cream shadow, look else ware.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by PiMehMeh

It's a shame that this Color Tattoo is so sheer compared to the rest of the shades in the product family, and even more of a shame that I usually like purple eyeshadows and that this one was a disappointment. This is a more matte, basic purple that looks pigmented in the pot but blends out so sheer, and unevenly! The more I blend out uneven, clumpy areas, the sheerer it becomes, until I've practically rubbed it all off. I have more luck packing on more color and building up the intensity... but then at the end of the day it just feels really heavy. Not to mention, this creases if I don't wear a powder eyeshadow over it.

I love all of the Color Tattoos but this is the only shade that's been a let-down. I've been hunting for the limited edition shade Fuschia Fever in hopes that it's much better than Painted Purple.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2013 12:05:00 PM More reviews by shoewhore

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

wow what a disappointment. I love the bold purple color in the pot. but once you put in on, it's very sheer. you can build it, but it takes many coats & it starts to get creas-y. The formula is not smooth & creamy like some of the other colors either. This one is more dry & doesn't go on nice. Such a letdown.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2013 8:29:00 AM More reviews by mikraki02

T he purple is too sheer for my liking.