September 30, 2014 | 1755 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo - Painted Purple

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2014 11:45:00 AM More reviews by ds17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in love with the Maybelline color tattos, but unfortunately this for me did not take the cake.

First off the color is what initally drew me in, I am African-American, and I knew this color would pop with my skin tone unfotunately, the formula was just not up to par compared to the rest of the collection. The color was not only unpigmented but very patchy. I would be trying to pack it on and then it would look very uneven, and I would end up just taking it all off.
The best I found to use this product is just smudged on the lower lash line for a pop of color which does look beautiful.

I thought this product would wow me but instead I was left quite underwhelmed.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2014 8:32:00 AM More reviews by sjcblove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the Color Tattoos. I have 17 of them but I can say this color is my least favourite. It's a lovely colour and has the perfect amount of pigment, but I find it goes blotchy when applying and isn't as smooth as the others.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 1:24:00 PM More reviews by SkyHawthorne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Grey

This is the first color tattoo i tried out, and i love it!!! The color is beautiful and very pigmented, it is wonderful as a shadow and a base. The Staying power is good, and there is a lot of product which is defiantly worth the price. The only problem with it, is that it can occasionally go on patchy. I would defiantly repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2014 1:29:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

This isn't as bold as it appears in the jar but it's pretty awesome. I love this shadow and it looks great on its own. The color is much better than Sunwashed Sky, which to me took too long to build. This is more of a washed purple that is not in your face.

Formula was same as other tattoos for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2014 11:52:00 PM More reviews by oPiercedPrincesso

I absolutely love this lipstick! I was worried about the color because I had read so many bad reviews about it. But, I really wanted to try it so I finally gave in and bought it. I'm soooo glad I did! First of all the Maybelline Color Tattoo eye shadows are the best I have ever used. I know when I put them on they're gonna stay put as long as I need them too. When I first put the color on it was for practice only. I applied once and it was a beautiful light lilac color. Then I applied it once more and out was a darker shade. That's the good thing about these Maybelline Tattoo shadows. YOU control how light or dark you want to wear it. Some people said they had a hard time applying it. I used only my finger and it went on perfectly. I've got at least 10 shades in the tattoo line and I love every one of them.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2014 2:14:00 AM More reviews by belinduh319

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the worst purple base. No pigment and creases with primer on. Would not recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2013 3:00:00 AM More reviews by meganxoxo1996

I thought that the color was so pretty in the pot when I bought it, but it's difficult to get the same opacity when applying it. It came off very sheer and I don't know if it was just mine but it was not as creamy as the other color tattoos (like bad to the bronze). I thought it was sorta of dry and hard to blend evenly. I got a lot of uneven patches of colors and streaks. I did find that applying it with my fingers helped to soften the product, and I could get a smooth application. To be honest i don't really like wearing bright colors, so a sheer application of this was nice for me. It is still a very pretty color, and works well as a base for other purple powder eyeshadows. It makes them look more pigmented and vibrant. I love that you get a lot of product.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by ImperfectionIsBeauty911

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

After buying this color the first time, I ended up buying 6 more! If not used with a primer though the color might bleed into your creases. All in all it is definitely worth a try.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2013 11:23:00 AM More reviews by victoria0926

The first color tattoo from the line I ever tried was Bad to the Bronze, so when I bought this purple color tattoo, I had high expectations for it. I was expecting it to be creamy, easy to blend, and true to color like the other formulas. Painted Purple looks like a really deep, rich purple in the pot, but when applied to the eye and blended out, it looks like a dull, greyed purple. I found that it applied kind of patchily to my eyelids and wasn't the most ideal base for powder products. My purple eye shadows looked better when I just used Too Faced Shadow Insurance and layered the shadow over top of that. It's hard to find purple shadows with good formulas that don't look dull on the eyes, so I feel like I wouldn't have been as disappointed with the product if I didn't know how amazing the other colors in the line were.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2013 3:35:00 PM More reviews by Makeupjunky14

It is such a pretty color! I don't like it as a shadow, so I use it as an eyeliner, even then it doesn't last long. I put a primer on and put a purple eyeliner on under and it still does not last long.