August 28, 2014 | 1305 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Master Shape

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2014 7:29:00 PM More reviews by ArielJosie

I absolutely love this product. I have it in dark brown and I prefer the plastic. I noticed a lot of people talking about sharpening the plastic, that seems like a horrible idea. You don't need to sharpen this product at all. Just pull off the spoolie brush, mines black. Just pull the entire end off when you need more product. Then take the white plastic thing out of the pencil and push the crayon down through the open back. I use a q-tip to do mine. Then pop the top back on! It's easy. I can see how maybe a swivel top might be a better package design but the product is too good to pass up. Perfect color match too! Try taking the top spoolie part off. Hope I helped! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2014 8:48:00 PM More reviews by TheGingerSnap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This eyebrow pencil seems to be a hit or miss with people. Personally, I like it. I bought the Auburn shade. It is very hard to find products focused at redheads, so I had to give it a try.
My experience with it so far has been positive. It fills in my brows, giving adequate color and definition. I'm not heavy handed with it, so it doesn't come off as 'mask like.'
I have been using it for a few weeks, and have not found issue with the texture. Some people say this pencil is very waxy. I just apply it lightly, and it still stays put all day.
Honestly, you'll just have to try it to see if it is to your preference. But with the variety of shades, this brow pencil is worth a try.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2014 12:51:00 PM More reviews by houssan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Grey

This is the only makeup product I have really truly hated. I bought this in a hurry for around 10 euros (not cheap) and it is just awfull. It has almost no color pigment and it was waxy like a cheap lipstick. Also the brush on the other end has this metallic end that hurts my skin. The worst brow pencil I have ever tried.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2014 11:39:00 PM More reviews by nseeengx

DO NOT BUY THIS. This is a horrible eyebrow pencil! It is way to creamy, it rubs off on clothes from the slightest touch, & its just doesn't serve any purpose that a eyebrow pencil should have. The only thing thats good about this is the brush on the end, but you can buy a brush like that anytime. Literally its a waste of your money, dont buy it! If they made it that creamy it might as well be a eyeliner pencil, not eyebrow.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2014 5:37:00 PM More reviews by GreenFruit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

When I first got this about a year ago I hated it. It was plastic but needed to be sharpened with a pencil sharpener. They no longer make them out of plastic. I like how waxy the pencil is, and the spoolie helps me blend it. The dark brown doesn't have any red undertones. I have replaced this a half dozen times and will keep using it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2014 12:56:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I just got this pencil in Auburn, and I had to try it out right away. Anytime I see a brow color for red hair I try to pick it up, because they're really hard to find. This pencil especially caught my eye, because it comes with a grooming brush attached to the end of the pencil. What surprised me about this pencil is how waxy it is. It's almost like using a pomade. The color payoff is really subtle too. It's really almost too subtle. Fortunately, I tint my super fair eyebrows so this was just perfect. When my tint wears off, I'll fill my brows in with something else and use this more as a grooming aid. To add a litte color and groom the brows, this is great. To fill in super thin or sparse brows, this won't work.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/27/2014 5:06:00 PM More reviews by dancinqueen47

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just called Maybelline & let them know how very, very unhappy I am.

I had been using Maybelline's "Define A Brow" for years, which I lalways bought at WalMart (for about half the price of this worthless junk). I only purchased the "Master Shape" because there were no Define A Brow pencils on the pegs at WalMart. All the pegs were full of this product, so I assumed Maybelline had discontinued the Define A Brow, that this replaced it & also that it would would work just as well.

Well, it does NOT. My eyebrows are not at all thin, but they're not the size of caterpillars...which is about the only size brows this would be satisfactory for! Also, I don't draw brows in, I use a pencil to fill in spots.

Finally today, I couldn't stand it any longer & found just 2 Define A Brow pencils at Walgreens in the right color, so I bought them both & figured I'd need to find some other brand to use, once I'd used them both up.,

I did learn, when speaking with the Maybelline c.s. rep, that the co. still makes the Define A Brow, so apparently WalMart decided not to carry it anymore.

Again, if you don't have enormous, thick eyebrows, or don't mind getting color all over, above and below your brows, which you have to clean off with a Q-Tip & then reapply your foundation around your brows, don't buy this. IMO, it is very, very poorly designed & I don't think there are many women who have brows thick and bushy enough to use this.

I've never been so disgusted with any cosmetic product in my life & I've been wearing makeup for over 40 years!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2014 3:24:00 PM More reviews by catrockst3ady

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is literally the worst brow pencil i've ever used, I picked it up because I was in a rush at the drugstore and needed something immediately. It's super waxy and goes on very thick, leaving a sort of coat on my eyebrows. It's also very difficult to get certain areas lighter than others and to have any defined lines. I was so confused when I first got it because it was plastic so I thought maybe if you twisted it, it would sharpen that way. I could not figure it out until I went online and saw that it needed to sharpen it... with a pencil sharpener. In addition to the fact that it has ruined my good pencil sharpener (by dulling it and getting waxy goop all over it) it doesn't even sharpen. You will literally never get a good point on this pencil. And I'm not even very picky about makeup, I use generic drugstore brands most of the time. This is just a truly awful brow pencil.

10/10 WOULD NOT RECOMMEND

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 9:05:00 AM More reviews by Teesabby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this eyebrow pencil, it is probably one of my favourites and I have used up 2 of these already. The only bad side to it is the plastic pencil that is hard to sharpen which is a minor issue for me to be honest. I love the waxy consistency of it because it stays on all day, I bought it in the colour deep brown and it is the perfect shade for me and looks very natural on my medium skin. It's also cheap so despite the fact that I basically have to sharpen it every couple of uses, it's at least not expensive to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 4:02:00 PM More reviews by lushblush

I got mine in dark blonde and it seems to match my eyebrows well. I have medium-dark blonde eyebrows but light blonde hair. I only add this to define the ends of my eyebrows because they look sparse and thin and invisible at the ends (if you understand me :P) so it does a great job at making my eyebrows appear thicker and bolder. The mini brush comes in so much handy too!