Maybelline Master Shape

2.5

This product is awful. Waxy and doesn't come off evenly when you apply it. Leaves globs in your eyebrows. Terrible -- ZERO lippies.

ANYTHING is better than this, but when it comes to brows: DON'T SKIMP. I'd rather pay $40.00 for Anastasia brow products and get constant compliments on my "great, natural (ha) brows."

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This was a good idea, poor execution situation. The pencil has too broad of a tip to draw on individual hairs,and it goes on creamy and not waxy. Meaning your brows look drawn on.

The cap has a hard time staying on, and the spoolie at the end was not meant for thick brows. It can break off easily.

I don't know about the other shades, but the Auburn shade looked almost burnt orange on me. Carrot topped ladies will love this color, but darker redheads are going to find this color looks weird.

Try the Define A Brow and ignore this one.

This just depresses me as an eyebrow pencil. I love the packaging, with the spoolie on the other end of the pencil. However, this product is so incredibly soft, it seems more like an eyeliner for your waterline versus a brow pencil. I bought it a couple days ago, and the product is so soft that Ive had to sharpen the pencil at least 3 times. It goes on way too thick, but at the same time seems to crumble off it you use just the slightest bit of pressure. Don't waste your money, buy the NYX brow pencil instead!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This eyebrow pencil seriously sucks. The packaging is effective and useful, but the product itself is atrocious. If you have a light hand - no product is transferred. If your hand is just SLIGHTLY more harder, you'll get goopy bits of product all over your eyebrows that you'll have to comb out - which I guess is why the comb is included on this pencil. Maybelline's Define-A-Brow is SO much better!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

the color is perfect, dark brown, but it's very soft and i don't believe it's waterproof...it sort of smears going on. i was using mac's eye brow definer that has a small stoke tip and is waterproof. it seems to run out fast so i was seeking something else but this is not it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have deep brown, which is a very nice shade a quite dark but not too dark or black and that's where the love ends. The texture of this is just awful, it's very soft. I used short light strokes and it just looked bad. The texture doesn't really allow it to apply well and it just sort of sits on top of the hairs rather than blending in with them. I used a light hand, so I can imagine with a heavy hand this would be a total disaster. This will work in a pinch, but it wont be my everyday brow pencil.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have this in the soft brown shade and it matches very well to the brow powder I use. I use this pencil to fill in gaps missed by the powder and for that it is amazing but I find personally when I use it all over my brows without powder it takes a while to blend out but other than that it's awesome

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I absolutely LOVE the color I got(dark brown). Usually I can't find a pencil that matches my eyebrows because most have a red tint to them. My complaint is that it doesnt stay on for the whole day :( it fades in about 4-5 hours. I would definitely repurchase if it stays on my brows but for right now i'm going to try something else :/

I got this in deep brown, which was perfect for my very dark brown/black brows - but depressingly, there's nothing else I like about this product. I use brow pencils just for filling in here and there, but the waxy texture makes it almost impossible to do this without looking like you have weird plastic hairy caterpillars on your forehead. Nevertheless, I decided to persist, but I won't be persisting for much longer, because I have to sharpen it daily, so it'll probably run out this week. Thankfully, the one I purchased was wooden not plastic, so sharpening isn't difficult, and I also love the little brush on the end.
But still, seriously, don't buy this. You can use your $8 on a much better product that will last so much longer.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I just bought this recently, and it came in a wooden base, not plastic, so sharpening has been a breeze (I believe it was recently re-released with a wooden base, probably based on feedback about the plastic version). I found it in a display with the brow drama gel at a CVS.

Having said that, this is my new favorite brow pencil - I got it in soft brown, which is a great match for me - I've used other brow pencils in the past that were much too warm for my cool coloring and looked unnatural on me, but this one is perfect. My brows are naturally pretty light, even though I have medium brown hair on my head, and this pencil color matches my head hair well.

This pencil is really easy to use and lasts all day on me. I love the attached spoolie, although since i will definitely be buying this pencil again, I'd rather have more product than a spoolie, but the price isn't bad as it is. I like that it comes in auburn, which is apparently rare.

All in all a solid eyebrow pencil, if one of the four colors matches yours (they have blonde, auburn, soft brown and deep brown).

Popular Brows Products