December 21, 2014 | 1509 users online

Concealers - L'Oreal - Magic Lumi

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2014 1:27:00 PM More reviews by KateSchuette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this as more of a highlighter/dupe for YSL Touche Eclat, rather than as a concealer - I think if you used this as a full-coverage concealer you might end up with reverse raccoon eyes. I purchased this because I'm a fan of the Lumi primer in the same range (which I also use as a highlighter), and I'd like to have the YSL version, but it's totally out of my price range!

First of all, I like the product a lot and have used it every day for about three weeks - I use it to bring light to the corners of my eyes, under my eyebrows for brightening, and above my cheekbones for lift. I also dab some on the sides of my nose to cover up a little redness. Wayne Goss has a helpful video of how to use the YSL version on his Youtube channel, and I pretty much follow his lead.

I'd like if this product had a smidge more coverage; it's VERY sheer. You need to use an ample amount of get a noticeable effect, and when the pen only contains 1.5mL, this becomes a very costly product. I don't think I'll purchase this again due to the cost compared to how quickly it runs out, and I'd like to find something comparable but less sheer.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2014 3:08:00 AM More reviews by deadmap

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

First off, the packaging is nice and the size is really handy to bring along in a small bag if concealer is ever needed to be touched up. That said, it's pretty useless in its current state.

It doesn't really slow up on my skin and it's really sheer. It's basically everything I wouldn't want in a concealer. If anything, it'd be better as a highlighter. I can see how people with lighter skintones might get on well with it, but I have the one in Light (which was given to me by my sister) and it doesn't do much for me. It looks streaky and doesn't dry with enough luminescence to brighten up my skin.

The product is also used up quite fast, as it's not very pigmented and I had to use a lot to really see any effect. I think it's a product that tries to do too much instead of doing one thing well. I'd rather use an illuminator or a simple concealer rather than skipping both steps. I didn't find this product any more convenient than use two products instead of one.

I won't be repurchasing, but it may work for lighter skin tones or for people whose skin tone is pink based. It really just hardly shows up on my Olive/Tan skin. I wouldn't believe the hype on this one.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2014 10:35:00 AM More reviews by FakeLashes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Nothing luminous about this one, hard to blend and goes on cakey on my dry skin. I bought this for highlighting underneath my eyes in the light 001? color but that did not work on my yellow undertoned skin, it gave me a grayish cast but that's al personal. I would not even buy it again in another color because I just hate the formula.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2014 11:27:00 PM More reviews by antiguru

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

A bit pricey but thought I'd try it since it's been compared to the YSL version. This was very light coverage for me, you could see through it. I used every last drop solely for the principal of the matter. Will never buy again. I think Maybelline has better choices for less.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2014 9:23:00 PM More reviews by rawortley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I found 2 of these (light and fair) at my k-mart on clearance for like 2 bucks each so I snatched them up (I would never pay what full price on these when u get so little, I'm not cheap have plenty of 50$ foundations but this is just ridiculous for that price) I don't get it. Where are these raves comming from? I don't really see any highlight. There just not pigmented enough to highlight anything...I don't see any luminous happening. My laura mercier radiance primer UNDER my foundation gives 5times the glow. Save ure money buy the maybelline age rewind DARK CIRCLE BRIGHTENER. NOW THAT IS PERFECT PINK COLOR FOR HIGHLIGHTING...add a liquid highlight if u want it more luminous.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2014 11:19:00 AM More reviews by Callmecorrina

I am OBSESSED with this product! I've tried all the top rated concealers out there, high end low end..but this stuff is the best. I was so disappointed with age rewind, so I gave up on concealers because nothing was working for me and haven't worn concealer for about a year. I bought impulsively bought this product & i do not regret it whatsoever. I have to put it out there that it is an extremely thick sticky concealer, so blending it out with your fingers or the applicator is impossible. I use a beauty blender and it gives it the most amazing look. This concealer does NOT settle into fine lines & does not stick to my dry patches under my eyes which is wonderful since winter is coming up. It hasn't broken me out, but i wouldn't use this to cover blemishes because it is a very brightening/highlighting product and it will bring attention to blemishes. Speaking of highlighting, amazing highlighter, captures so well in pictures. Last but not least, it lasts ALL DAY, especially with a primer. Even with my VERY OILY skin, it does not budge wherever i put it on my face. I recommend this to everyone.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2014 11:43:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra0330

Bought this hoping it would be a highlighting dream. Unfortunately it is not: layered over my bb creams it just looks horrible... Does not blend well at all. Swatched on my hand, it looked rather pleasant, but don't be fooled!

Since I bought it, I was unable to use it so that it would look somewhat natural. I looked like I was wearing really bad makeup, and this is not a look I am going for!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2014 8:41:00 AM More reviews by Fitlife12

I like this highlighter this is not a concealer!
I'm not sure why everyone think this is going to conceal there dark circles or imperfections it doesn't claim to conceal, its a liquid sheer highlighter so if you put this on those imperfections its going to do just that...highlight, empathize those flaws. If you want glowy bright undereye you got to correct and/or conceal then put this on top then set it.
Anyways back to the product itself I like this, it has visible shimmer when I swatched it on the back of my hand and I was concern but when use to highlight it looks glowy and brighten my face I use it under my eyes in a upside down triangle and along my ztone. Its good but nothing outstanding compared to the other highlighting pens that are also sold at the drugstore, that are all pretty much the same price and performs the same way. The price is an overkill and its not a "little goes a long way" with this they are all half full and i go threw them quickly but i will continue buying them cause I like how they brighten my face but I wouldnt chose just this over the others I like them all.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2014 4:23:00 PM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am having a sort of like/hate relationship with this highlighter. I have given it a fair shot now for over a wk (daily use) and it is far from a standout highlighter. First of all, if my skin is not completely prepped (exfoliated) and primed it looks really thick and tacky and under my foundation. If applied and patted or stippled over foundation, I get that same layered effect and it looks way too obvious. I am not sure if the shimmer is the issue or formula but either way I wasn't feeling this product. I tried applying it minimally and max as an under eye and chin highlighter and it just seems really obvious and lacks subtlety. It looks really nice as a/under brows and in the cupids bow BUT for $13 bucks I expect more than that! There are a lot better ways to highlight using less expensive products.

Even though I don't dig this stuff at all, I do feel like a lot of these negative reviews are due to the product being used incorrectly... This is NOT a concealer! It's a highlighter. It will not conceal dark under eye issues, zits, or scars. I think the company recently came to check themselves re this false advertising, as they removed "concealer" from the description not too long ago.

I won't re-purchase and I don't really recommend this for dry skin either.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2014 3:02:00 PM More reviews by sage4dylan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Good for hilighting ... not great concealer. All depends on what you want it for. A little expensive for the amount.