October 24, 2014 | 908 users online

Concealers - L'Oreal - Magic Lumi

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2014 11:19:00 AM More reviews by Callmecorrina

I am OBSESSED with this product! I've tried all the top rated concealers out there, high end low end..but this stuff is the best. I was so disappointed with age rewind, so I gave up on concealers because nothing was working for me and haven't worn concealer for about a year. I bought impulsively bought this product & i do not regret it whatsoever. I have to put it out there that it is an extremely thick sticky concealer, so blending it out with your fingers or the applicator is impossible. I use a beauty blender and it gives it the most amazing look. This concealer does NOT settle into fine lines & does not stick to my dry patches under my eyes which is wonderful since winter is coming up. It hasn't broken me out, but i wouldn't use this to cover blemishes because it is a very brightening/highlighting product and it will bring attention to blemishes. Speaking of highlighting, amazing highlighter, captures so well in pictures. Last but not least, it lasts ALL DAY, especially with a primer. Even with my VERY OILY skin, it does not budge wherever i put it on my face. I recommend this to everyone.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2014 11:43:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra0330

Bought this hoping it would be a highlighting dream. Unfortunately it is not: layered over my bb creams it just looks horrible... Does not blend well at all. Swatched on my hand, it looked rather pleasant, but don't be fooled!

Since I bought it, I was unable to use it so that it would look somewhat natural. I looked like I was wearing really bad makeup, and this is not a look I am going for!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2014 8:41:00 AM More reviews by Fitlife12

I like this highlighter this is not a concealer!
I'm not sure why everyone think this is going to conceal there dark circles or imperfections it doesn't claim to conceal, its a liquid sheer highlighter so if you put this on those imperfections its going to do just that...highlight, empathize those flaws. If you want glowy bright undereye you got to correct and/or conceal then put this on top then set it.
Anyways back to the product itself I like this, it has visible shimmer when I swatched it on the back of my hand and I was concern but when use to highlight it looks glowy and brighten my face I use it under my eyes in a upside down triangle and along my ztone. Its good but nothing outstanding compared to the other highlighting pens that are also sold at the drugstore, that are all pretty much the same price and performs the same way. The price is an overkill and its not a "little goes a long way" with this they are all half full and i go threw them quickly but i will continue buying them cause I like how they brighten my face but I wouldnt chose just this over the others I like them all.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2014 4:23:00 PM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am having a sort of like/hate relationship with this highlighter. I have given it a fair shot now for over a wk (daily use) and it is far from a standout highlighter. First of all, if my skin is not completely prepped (exfoliated) and primed it looks really thick and tacky and under my foundation. If applied and patted or stippled over foundation, I get that same layered effect and it looks way too obvious. I am not sure if the shimmer is the issue or formula but either way I wasn't feeling this product. I tried applying it minimally and max as an under eye and chin highlighter and it just seems really obvious and lacks subtlety. It looks really nice as a/under brows and in the cupids bow BUT for $13 bucks I expect more than that! There are a lot better ways to highlight using less expensive products.

Even though I don't dig this stuff at all, I do feel like a lot of these negative reviews are due to the product being used incorrectly... This is NOT a concealer! It's a highlighter. It will not conceal dark under eye issues, zits, or scars. I think the company recently came to check themselves re this false advertising, as they removed "concealer" from the description not too long ago.

I won't re-purchase and I don't really recommend this for dry skin either.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2014 3:02:00 PM More reviews by sage4dylan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Good for hilighting ... not great concealer. All depends on what you want it for. A little expensive for the amount.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2014 8:51:00 AM More reviews by laurenjill05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this stuff. It covers my dark under eye circles well. I put it on, then set with transluscent powder, and I have never had any problems with creasing. The formula is a little thick and dry, but I think that's what makes it cover so well and not crease so that's fine with me as long as it does it's job.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2014 6:56:00 AM More reviews by carmelitta

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I didn't try this on its' own, but I think that negative reviews come from not using it the best way and that is applying it over your usual concealer or on top of foundation and that's when it really works its' magic and looks great! I'm NC40 and I got this in Medium/2, it's lighter but I use it to create an everyday highlight that's perfect for work/school. It really is a dupe for YSL Touche Eclat which my best friend uses and I'm glad I didn't buy it on a pulse and found this instead. It really brightens the skin and makes your skin glow, so delivers what's promised, it's just the technique that makes the difference, but if you're more after creating an everyday highlight or instant wake-me-up, then it's perfect! But even if you like light concealers, it really does neutralize the dark circles because of it's yellow undertone to it, and it really is worth the price compared to YSL and Givenchy Master Light.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2014 7:31:00 AM More reviews by Ancatje

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm so very disappointed with this. As others have mentioned, a big issue is the ridiculously little amount you get for a rather high price. Even if this worked well, the price per ounce would really bother me.
I have very dark circles and this gives me almost enough coverage for my good days, but as others said this is meant to be an illuminator, not a concealer anyway. It needs to be set with powder, otherwise it creases.
The shades are a bit off IMO, I own Light and also Medium and neither works perfectly (I'm around an NC15, a bit fairer). They both can look a bit ashy, oddly enough!
But what bugs me most is - this has SHIMMER particles in! Yes, shimmer! Do you really want shimmer to accentuate your fine lines, wrinkles, dark circles and bags under your eyes? Not me, thanks.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2014 7:59:00 AM More reviews by ylingsbling

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have my receipt and will return ASAP this is garbage. The color I chose was not bad and it didnt feel too heavy or too light but it fades fast and taking a selfie is my test when it comes to undereye brighteners., My eyes look older with pronounced bags when I first applied it. Nothing like Touche Eclat which is like magic if you dont have heavy concealing to do and that is what I will go back to. Boo Loreal!! Pricey for street store some nerve.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2014 2:42:00 AM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this concealer - it surprises me. Where other highlighting concealers seem to lighten too much, or look cakey, the Magic Lumi pen totally erases dark circles. I use shade '2 - medium' and it gives an instantly-awake appearance to a morning face. I'm actually able to blend it quite far down my cheeks in that Kim Kardashian triangle, which is something that's looked wrong on me using other products. I reach for this over my By Terry Touch pen.

I have Touche Magique by L'Oreal too, and I've used it for a few years. I tend to use it as a base for my eye make-up more than anything - perhaps a bit to brighten, but not often. The latter is thicker in consistency, for me. If I had a slightly darker shade I might be in a position to compare it better.