L'Oreal Magic Lumi

3.3

Aqua/Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Isododecane, Alcohol Denat., Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1, Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Sulfate, Diphenyl Dimethicone, Cellulose Gum Hydroxystearic Acid, Acetylated Glycol Stearate, Acrylates Copolymer, Methylparaben, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Butylparaben, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Chamomilla Recutita Extract/Matricaria Flower Extract [+/- May Contain: CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Mica, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides].

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I bought this in "fair", hoping for a dupe of YSL Touche Eclat #2. No such luck. Magic Lumi is very pink. It's also not much of a highlighter OR concealer in my case. I was hoping for something radiant, but I would say that this product is merely brightening.

It's also super-drying and the texture on skin looks papery.

Because it's so pink and bright, I've been using it as an eye shadow in order to use it up. I won't buy it again.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I've tried most of the high end concealer/highlighters and this is as good, if not better, than all of them. It far surpasses YSL, and in my book why pay a fortune for something when you can buy something for less than half the price.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I really wanted to love this one. But it's very sheer and doesn't highlight at all. I knew this wasn't going to conceal but it didn't do anything.

this is a really good highlighting concealer, it really brightens up the face while hiding skin imperfections, except blemishes. the only reason i put i wont buy again is bc maybelline makes one also for a lot less $$ and if you're the type to go through these pens, then those few dollars in price difference really adds up to a significant amount. but otherwise it is a really good concealer and can really give your skin a nice subtle glow ;)

I don't just love this I NEED this in my life-lol. Really truly. I can see that this has received mixed reviews-so I guess its usefulness depends on your own skin and expectations. I have very fair skin and my dark circles are not that bad...so I can use this on its own just for some brightening and its all I need in that area to make me look more awake and it just dang well makes me feel pretty! I apply under the eyes and just blend with my ring finger and I find it blends really easily. I buy this in the shade fair and this shade (on me) is neither too white nor too pinky or yellowy. Most "brighteners" are way too pink for my skin, and a lot of concealers are too yellow. This I find so neutral. Once I accidentally bought the Dream Lumi thinking it was this and after applying was horrified because it was so pink and thick and harder to blend. This is so much more sheer and light. When in direct sunlight a bit of shimmer is noticeable...so if this is a dealbreaker for you, don't buy this. Me personally I like a little bit of shimmer for a bit of a glow. Its not straight up tacky sparkles or anything. Anyway, love this need this gotta have it always buy back ups.

I love this. I have this solely to highlight, not as a concealer. I use it down the nose and under the eyes to brighten up after I've concealed, and around the cheekbones.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I bought this in the hopes that it would be a dupe for the YSL touché éclat-- it is not. There is really no coverage provided with this product. I used this as my only face product, using a bit under my eyes and also around my nose and mouth; it was able to cover minor (very minor) redness. It also did not provide any highlighting ability for me. So for me this product was a miss-- it really did not conceal or highlight.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Really wanted to love this one as it was praised by many youtubers. Picked it up in color LIGHT. However, it doesn't work for me as "highlighter for undereyes". It doesn't do much at all and it also has quite sheer coverage.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this as a highlight! It's got a fine sheen to it that I love. I would love to get the whole Lumi line sometime coz I really like this product! It just makes my face glow! I am big into contour/highlight carve out those cheeks. I'm still learning but I love this product but the price was a little high for a DS product.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

***WARNING: Long review coming up***
Lets start off with a story that takes place about a year ago:
It was a cloudy winter morning, about -30 Celsius outside and I had just finished work. Instead of taking public transport. home I decided to wait until my SO was off work and I could get a ride. So I sat in the locker room, logged onto youtube and a 'contour and highlight' video came up on my video feed. I was absolutely enthralled and fascinated by what I saw: a young girl started off with what I thought was a train-wreck and turned that "wreck" into a chiselled and highlighted face..she looked like a model. I knew I needed to get my hands on some concealer which was 2-3 shades too light for me and some HD bronzer. So I put my big girl boots on and walked through the winter storm, snow and heavy traffic of downtown to SDM. Once I got home I ripped open the packaging to my new Maybelline age rewind concealer and got to work. About 10 geometric shapes on my face later and enough blending to tone my forearms, I was done...and I looked horrible. I somehow managed to look both tired and bright at the same time. I told my husband I was now running a bakery because I'm sporting some serious cake-face. I gave up on my highlighting dream, put the concealer where I could never touch it again, washed my face and went to bed.
About 300 days later:
I pull into the Target parking lot with dozens of signs saying "LAST _ DAYS!!" "STORE 80 PERCENT OFF!" "FINAL MARKDOWN!!". How exciting, right? As I step in everything looks like a wasteland, but like a sign from the heavens a single light is shining on a full set of racks all sporting sonia kashuk goods. As i'm browsing through it I notice other makeup products are their as well. All of a sudden, I see a beautiful rose-gold coloured tube..unfortunately so did the little old lady beside me. Quickly, I grabbed it and held it in my clammy little hands; I got a nasty look from the old woman (We've all been their before..I'm not proud of it....). When I went to the cashier it rang up as only being $2.94 and my head nearly popped right off my body. (Meaning it's about $14 CAD regularly). I drove home, ripped off the (annoying) plastic packaging, twisted the damn thing about 100x's, and painted the product on my face. It was magic. No, it was Magic Lumi. This stuff is amazing.
Pros:
1)Colour: I always aim for yellow-based products as I am a C3/NC20-25 in MAC, but this product is more salmon-based which works great on the darker areas under my eyes.
2)Pigmentation: Although this is a thick product, it does not have much pigmentation. For me, this is a great thing since all this product does is highlight and not muck up the other concealer/makeup on my face. Also, I'm glad that this is more sheer; I can't imagine anyone with skin that is THIS salmon-y. I am in the shade medium which is surprising since I am a very light skin tone. That being said, I can only imagine how difficult it can be for fair skinned beauties to find a highlighter that works for them; this comes in 2 more lighter shades and one darker shade (4 shades in total).
3)Highlighting qualities: This product has verrry fine shimmer/sparkles in it. Before everyone panics, the sparkles/shimmer don't show up very much on the skin. It's just enough for the sun/light to catch your highlighted areas and make the skin glow.
4)Packaging: I love that this comes in a pen as it makes it very easy to travel with. I can pop this in my bag for when I have long days and need to add a bit of brightness to my face to make it look more alive/presentable.
Cons:
1)Brush tip: It doesn't bother me that this is "unsanitary", but the brush is a little rough and makes me concerned when I use it on my delicate under-eye area.
2)Smell: Yes. I sniffed it. And it smells verrry makeup-y (Y'all know what I mean). Almost like the L'oreal true match foundation.

Overall: I often ask myself "Who needs this product?" and I have concluded that every can benefit from this. This is for you ladies and gents who see those youtube videos with the backwards triangles and what-not, and think "I can't do that". NOTE, this is not a concealer, but it works wonderfully when combined/put on top of concealer.