Maybelline Color Tattoo - Bad to the Bronze / On and On Bronze

4.4

Ingredients.Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Ceresin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Caprylyl Methicone, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Alumina, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cyclomethicone, Propylene Carbonate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Caprylyl Glycol, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Tin Oxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Paraffin. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 16035 / Red 40 Lake, CI 77000 / Aluminum Powder, CI 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 77400 / Bronze Powder, CI 77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77742 / Manganese Violet, CI 77400 / Copper Powder, CI 77163 / Bismuth Oxychloride, CI 77510 / Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide.. ...

This shadow was just a bit too dark for my brow bone, which is why I bought it. I decided to try it out as a contour on my cheekbones before I apply my cream blush. It's wonderful as a contour! It blends easily, looks natural and stays put. I have found my HG contour, and I don't say "HG" about hardly any product.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Everyday brown that's not boring and not over the top. Super easy to apply and blend; I use both fingers and a brush depending on my mood. This cream is a bit stiff and not the softest cream shadow, doesnt mean that it's bad, just saying.

Especially when compared to my other beloved cream eyeshadows from Shiseido which are much softer to the soft. But when it comes to pigment and color payoff, Maybelline is more pigmented in color and Shiseido is much more sheer and soft in color. I don't need much from Maybellines on my lid. Sets faster than Shiseidos. Lasts all day and doesn't budge.

This color is a neutral-cool leaning brown with a silver champagne sheen, kind of a metallic medium brown. I mostly use this as a wash of color on my lid and looks effortless pretty against my dark brown eyes. If I wanted to glam it up, I add dark liner, or other eyeshadows like powders which are also compatible with this cream shadow. I feel like this shadow goes with everything plus with the easy application, I reach for it often and I call it my "lazy shadow"

Wonderful eyeshadow and not bad for the price. Would buy again!

I love this, its a nice metallic neutral that looks great with blue eyes and lighter coloured skin. The colour is more of a metallic brown than a true bronze but I don't mind as its a versatile neutral for me.

It has the best formula out of all of the color tattoos I own, it works brilliantly as a base and its great for when I am in a hurry and want something that I can pat on and go (weekend minimal make up looks). Its easy to manipulate with your fingers and makes for a nice low effort make up.

I've also started using this as a base for more complex looks and find that I can combine other color tattoos with it for a more complex look, or powder eyeshadows to get a smokey eye or something that looks a little more professional and still keep that nice metallic base brown going on.

Formula wise this is the best of my color tattoos, hasn't dried up, applies evenly, builds up nicely. Using it in combination with an eyeshadow primer or a powder eyeshadow extends the life of this if I need a look to go all day. This little product lasts a long time, they may look like small pots, but I'm getting loads of wear from it and mine is getting up to two years old and still going strong.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I... don't really get the hype over this particular shade?
While it is consistent with the formula of the rest of the Color Tattoos - creamy, buildable, no creasing - it's the shade itself that really was a bit disappointing to me. I specifically hunted down this shade because of all the amazing reviews on it, okay. It took me a while to find a place where it was in stock, and when I did, it was half-price (bonus!) and I just couldn't wait to get home and try it out and be amazed. Be enlightened. Wonder about how I could have ever lived my life without this mind-blowingly perfect shade.
That didn't happen. If you could guess.
At first, I was like, "Yeah, this is nice. Smooth, goes on nicely etc." But this is literally the same colour as my skin with a bit of glitter in it. I can put it on, and no-one will notice unless they're staring straight into my eyes and manage to spot the glitter. It's so underwhelming; I don't look any different with or without it on when standing at a normal distance. I can't even see it in the mirror unless I get up really close. Even when I build it up so it's opaque, there is only a negligible difference. Not worth the trouble if you have a similar skin tone to mine. I'm Asian, and just light-skinned enough to be able to use the darkest shades in most Korean makeup - which is probably like one of the lightest shades in most makeup lines.
I really like some of the other shades, though; it's just this one that doesn't work for me. Sorry Maybelline.

An absolutely beautiful colour for blue eyes. Easy to apply and lasts all day with no fading or creasing. Super cheap and is quite similar to some urban decay eyeshadows but without the fallout. I love this colour. I love how good it looks and I love what a bargain it is. I will totally repurchase this. I wore it today and fielded several comments on how blue my eyes were and how nice my eyes looked. My eyes are really a blue grey but this makes them seem so much bluer and standout more. When you can't be bothered with layering on several eyeshadows this is an easy and lazy way to look polished instantly. It will give me a few more minutes in bed in the morn which makes this eyeshadow a happy addition to my routine.

Pros:
Beautiful colour on the eyes
Doesn't fade or crease
Lasts all day
Easy application and blends very well

Cons:
Dries out easily, but adding heat from a hair dryer will make it like new again

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This eyeshadow is a creamy consistency that does not crease on your eyelids or wear of through out the day. It is the perfect darker gold colour and is very affordable. I was weary to try at first because I had heard a few reviews that were not good but I'm so glad I did because I wear the eyeshadows from the maybelline 24 hour colour tattoo range almost everyday.

I love this it replaced my Estée Lauder vintage gold shadow like this. I feel it is as good as theirs, and it will last a long time. I am so happy that I tried it. I use powder shadow over the top to make a smokey eye in a bronzey tone. And I use the choc suede as the liner. I hope they don't stop making this. Love it :)

This is eyeshadow made fool proof and 10 times easier. Whether your new to makeup or already a pro you really can't go wrong with this colour or formula it doesn't crease or budge. It works nicely on it's own and as a base for layering other colours on top. Debate no longer just pick one up and try it!! I'm definitely getting everyday use out of this.

This is my go to eyeshadow! I have greasy eyelids and usually eyeshadow slides off my eyelids even with a primer but not this stuff. It stays on all day but isn't hard to take off. I've tried some of the other colors in the collection and I haven't liked any as much as this one. I've even been asked if I'm wearing the Nars Naked palette when wearing this shade.

Video Reviews & Tutorials