Maybelline Color Tattoo - Bad to the Bronze / On and On Bronze

4.4

Ingredients.Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Ceresin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Caprylyl Methicone, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Alumina, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cyclomethicone, Propylene Carbonate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Caprylyl Glycol, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Tin Oxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Paraffin. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 16035 / Red 40 Lake, CI 77000 / Aluminum Powder, CI 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 77400 / Bronze Powder, CI 77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77742 / Manganese Violet, CI 77400 / Copper Powder, CI 77163 / Bismuth Oxychloride, CI 77510 / Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide.. ...

on 7/30/2015 11:13:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Bad to the Bronze is bad to the bone! It's such a pretty, flattering color that should look good on many skin tones (especially neutral or warm undertones). I am NC35 and find this to be the perfect shade--it's a warm, medium toned golden bronze that has a nice metallic sheen. It is nicely pigmented and applies very smoothly without being patchy. A little bit goes a long way, so I imagine one pot will last me for a very long time. I only apply over my lid, taking care not to over apply, since it dries fairly quickly and mistakes are very visible (and must be wiped off with remover or a wet cotton pad). I use my finger or a dense concealer brush (by Sonia Kashuk) to pack it on my lids, then blend/apply with my finger. This lasts on my lids ALL DAY without fading. I use this on its own or paired with a brown powder shadow on the crease, and I'm good to go every time.

on 7/30/2015 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a great color that I use often. It is long wearing and would be pretty on any skin tone I would think. I am nc25. I bought mine at walmart. I liked it so well I went back and bought more for my friends. Great item at a great price.

on 7/30/2015 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I really love this and it's the first color I bought. I like that the color is pretty intense in the packaging and when you put it on, it's very wearable. It is also very buildable depending on the intensity you want but make sure that you blend it immediately after putting it in your lids coz it pretty dries up fast making it hard to smudge and blend. I am also amazed that it's very smooth and there are no chunks! I have very oily skin and my lids too so my eyeshadow creases after few hours. Yes, without a primer, this creases on me so I use a long-lasting primer from Etude House which I believe is called "Proof10 Eye Primer" and it solves the problem. It never,ever creases. This color tattoo lasts a long time too. It's a very good product at a very affordable price. I definitely would repurchase soon!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is the first of the color tattoo line that I've bought and I will definitely be buying more! I love this shade particularly because it's versatile for day or night. Since it's summer, I apply this all over my lid, and then apply a light gold shade in the inner corner and some mascara and I'm good to go. But I can also dress it up more for a night out should I want to. The consistency is wonderful and it's very creamy and easy to apply.

on 7/27/2015 12:33:00 PM

It is a very good product, and it lasts all day. You can also use it as a base. I love the color but it has way to much glitter. I use it only at night or during summer when I want a bronzed face.

on 7/17/2015 9:24:00 PM

Letter to myself:
Dear self, never buy shimmery eye shadow ever again, even if the entire world rates it highly. You're not as young as you used to be, and your eyelids are all wrinkled up and the shimmer only accentuates the fact that you're desperately clinging to your youth!

on 7/17/2015 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I simply love this product. I love the color and the fact that it can be layered from sheer wash to intense opaque bronze. I had no issue with longevity and I did not apply this over a primer. In fact, I intentionally applied this over my SS and then my foundation. That said, after at least 6+ hours running errands in warm weather I had no creasing issues.
My only gripe is I apply this with my finger tip and I have long nails. Therefore, removing this successfully from the small glass jar was challenging. Also, I used a gel liner brush to line my lower lid and found layering this using that method wasn't easy.
For reference this bronze is exceedingly flattering if you have blue eyes. I intend to wear this for an upcoming wedding with TF True Coral lipstick.
I still love this and will try other colors from the line. For the low price this purchase is a wonderful find.

First i'd like to say that I have two of these shadows in different colors. The first one I bought I loved! So I got this shade because of all the great reviews. I do really like it and plan on buying more colors but I found this one didn't last as long on me. The first color I bought (taupe something) was a bit more matte and drier. This color was creamier which I thought would be better but it was so creamy it melted on me by the end of the day. I still really like it and will continue to use but I wish all the colors had a consistent consistency.

on 7/14/2015 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

I have got to be the only girl who didn't like this product, and I really wanted to! They are cheap, nice colours (in the packaging), good to travel with, compact, and cute. I've heard numerous people rave about them so I decided to pick up a champagne and dark bronze shade. The colour went on nice and everything when I put them on, but after about an hour or so it just was awful. It looked like I had a 3 year old do my eye makeup. It did not stay in place, the colour faded and blended in together, all that was really noticeable was excessive amounts of glitter, it just was a nightmare, and I used primer underneath it! I've never had any eyeshadow do that to me before I tried this. Thankfully, it was cheap so it wasn't an expensive miss, but a miss it was. Would not repurchase, touch again, or recommend.

on 7/14/2015 2:18:00 PM

Absolutely beautiful product! It's very pigmented, stays on and doesn't crease or move all day and the colour is GORGEOUS! It has a creamy texture but goes on easily with my fingers or an eyeshadow brush. It's great value for money. Definitely the best drugstore eye shadow I have ever use. It wasn't overly difficult to remove at the end of the day but lasted extremely well throughout the day.

Video Reviews & Tutorials