April 18, 2014 | 1346 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo 24hr Cream Gel Shadow in Bold Gold / eternal gold

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2014 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Pammybammy

Where can i start?? This product is amazing. Its pigmentation is excellent. For its awesome price, you get a good amount of product and it is very good quality. The only con i might have is that it did crease after 3 or 4 hours, but it was nothing significant. Overall, its a great product and i highly reccommend it to everyone (:

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 7:58:00 AM More reviews by shanhal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

First off, my colour looks a lot darker and more dirty/bronze than the swatches i'v seen/pictures i'v seen, but my pot is labled as bold gold!

I love how easy it is to use, just swipe some on the lid blend a little, add some winged liner and mascara and i'm ready to go! And it's a beautiful sparkling bronze gold shade that makes the brown in my eyes really stand out!

My problem with these is they wont stay put! I used it plain, no primer or shadow and it creased in an hour and a bit. So the next day I used a primer and then the shadow, and two hours later it was creased and mostly gone. So the NEXT day I used a primer, bold gold, and then a matching gold shade on top and it STILL creased in two hours on me!

I wish I could get this to work for me because it is such a lovely shade!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2013 7:06:00 AM More reviews by izumilove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love the colour, a beautiful which does not have too much yellow in it. Has become my everyday eyeshadow as it is easy to use and I can get away without using a shadow primer. Perfect for lazy/rushed mornings. I only really use it on the base of the lid, it tends to crease if I apply on the entire lid, even with a primer. A little annoying, but it manages to still look bright and gorgeous with my other method. I find it applies best with my fingers, but it's difficult to get in when my nails were long. Texture wise, it isn't as smooth and buttery as other cream shadows, such as Shiseido. But I've probably been spoilt! Saying that, the texture isn't gritty or anything like that, and completely workable. This shade is pigmented but I have to make sure I have a decent amount, otherwise the colour tends to disperse a bit once applied? I also find that it lasts most of the day with minimal fading. I'd repurchase as it is a good quality product for a low price, even if it isn't the best cream shadow I've tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2013 5:44:00 AM More reviews by Carla1346

I love these eyeshadows!! There crazy pigmented and don't crease. The colour payout is really good as well. I really recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2013 8:01:00 AM More reviews by louisamakeup

This stays on without creasing, I've used it on me and on my friends (all of us have oily eyelids) with and without a primer. It doesn't make any difference if there's a primer underneath, I stays on anyway. I've never worn it for more than 3 hours maybe, but I did my friends makeup for a party and I used this (it looked amazing with her blue eyes, blonde hair and tanned skin) with nothing on top, just a darker brown in her crease, and her eyemakeup held up amazingly throughout the evening. I applied it at 7pm, and when we came home at 1.30am it looked the same. Bare in mind that her eyelids are very oily and we didn't use a primer underneath. My only problem with this one is that it's sort of messy, depending on how you apply it, if you use a synthetic brush it's fine, but if you use your finger you will put to much on and it will look chalky and uneven, and you will never get it off. The glitter in it can get everywhere (even though it's a cream, it's very weird) if you're not careful, and you need a hardcore oil-based makeup-remover to get it off. I find that this can damage my real hair-brushes in a way, and they're very hard to clean when I have used this with them. As I mentioned, this can look chalky, but the other colour tattoo that I have in On and on bronze/Bad to the bronze (the most amazing colour) is not chalky at all.. I don't know if they are or should be different or if I got a bad one or something.

I do think that there's more pros than cons with this one, so I would buy it again, the colour is amazing, it's affordable and it doesn't crease. I do have to use it carefully though, but I can work with that :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2013 8:08:00 PM More reviews by orenjinominh

After hoarding almost all of the maybelline tattoos I quickly forgot about them or put them in a way that was hard to distinguish. I had gold rush too and it was such a tacky and cheap gold that I never used again. the other day as I was clearing out my ds stash to swap, I rediscovered this color. beautiful! its like the gold color in ud's naked palettes but in cream form and the glitter is more noticeable. you can get fallout, so apply a light layer and really pack instead of brush across. I use this with a matte brown in the outer v and its very low maintenance glam. I didn't give it more stars since I've only had my pot unused for 6 months and its already pretty dry. oh, and use a brush. fingers work but you get hella fat clumps and it will crease on the lids and stain your finger.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2013 12:35:00 PM More reviews by Aislingm11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Thought this would be perfect as a base for a gold smokey eye but was very mistaken.
Comes out as a tacky yellow color on the lids and creases horribly when eyeshadow is applied over it.
I'd recommend sticking to- on and on bronze/bad to the bronze.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by missyoualready

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the colour tattoos overall, I have this one and the bad to the bronze. Together they work amazing together, I like to use this on the overall lid and bad to the bronze in my crease. I also like using this underneath my eyes to make them stand out. These last forever, literally all day as they claim without smudging. I know a lot of people like to use this as an eye primer underneath a regular shadow, which I have done - but this works beautifully on its own as well. A little goes a long way, and this little jar would probably last a long time. I also like how the packaging looks expensive, however after not using for a while it can be kind of hard to the touch to work with - this can be annoying as I do not want to tug on my eyelids. I would definitely buy this again and try out the other colours as well!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by Medea24

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ick. Online swatch pictures do not expose the glittery mess that this product produces. I was shocked to find that it is possible to get glitter fallout from a cream eye shadow! The gold base color is so sheer and the golden glitters are really all that produce a color on the lid. If you are young and can rock the sparkle, then this might be perfect for you. However, I would not recommend this color to mature ladies or anyone going for a more natural golden glow.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2013 5:02:00 PM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my second Color Tattoo to try out. Gold shadow looks great on me so I just knew this would be a hit. This is a weird formula and I thought it was all dried up and had to swipe my finger several times before i felt like I was getting any product out. This has a frosty look to it and it isn't glittery but It is shimmery and has microsparkles. It does have some reflective properties and it looks metallic on. I don't like applying this with my finger as I have nails that extend past the edge of my finger tip and it is a problem getting the product out. This is hard to apply perfectly with a finger and it goes on an overall area rather than being used for a definer. I haven't tried a brush with this yet. I used this over eyelid primer and white eyeshadow base to help the color stay true and not wash out on my skin. Sadly, this color looks like dirt on me and is the first gold I've ever had that issue with so it does not work as a single shadow for me or as a base. I did use this for another look and used it to create depth in the crease and outer eyelid and it did work wonderfully for that. I had planned on returning this but gave this second look a go and it looks great so YAY for that! This stayed on all day and even though it felt sticky the first hour, it finally set and this gave me a nice natural looking eye with virtually no effort.