Maybelline Color Tattoo - Bold Gold / Eternal Gold

3.9

Ingredients.Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Ceresin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Caprylyl Methicone, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Alumina, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cyclomethicone, Propylene Carbonate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Caprylyl Glycol, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Tin Oxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Paraffin. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 16035 / Red 40 Lake, CI 77000 / Aluminum Powder, CI 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 77400 / Bronze Powder, CI 77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77742 / Manganese Violet, CI 77400 / Copper Powder, CI 77163 / Bismuth Oxychloride, CI 77510 / Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide.. ...

on 3/10/2015 9:28:00 AM

I found this product disappointing. I purchased a few color tattoos following the hype around them. This one in particular is dry, it does not go on smoothly and is not creamy. It seems to cake awkwardly on my eyelids and is difficult to blend. It is also difficult to build up the shadow, it just seems to go patchy. However, my mother who loves lots of sparkle and shimmer really seems to like this as an all over wash of colour. So it's not awful, I just think there are better cream shadows on the market.

on 12/8/2014 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I bought the Bold Gold shade because I thought it'd work well on my Olive/Tan skintone and it typically looks pretty decent, though it definitely is a very yellow gold. I used it for a while, and then I started investing in Paint Pots by MAC and I've never looked back. I don't have greasy lids, but I like my eyeshadow to stay in place so I typically wear them over a primer.

I'm not a huge fan of this product. When swatched or applied to my eyes, I can actually feel the tiny glitter/shimmer particles and it just doesn't feel very creamy. As the product dries, it also starts pulling on my eyes. Within a year, the product is completely congealed at the sides and I have to warm it up with my finger if I ever want to use it. For a drug store item, it's pretty decent, though this particular shade doesn't even compare to the metallic bronze/gold shades that MAC Paint Pots come in. I've had many of my MAC Paint Pots for over a year and they're just as creamy as ever.

The good thing about this product is that it does dry compeltely and does help to keep eyeshadow from moving or coming off. I would recommend it to someone who wants to buy something like a Paint Pot from the drug store, but I honestly won't be repurchasing mostly for the lack of longevitiy in the product. I don't hate it, and I'm glad I tried it, but I just can't justify ever purchasing it again.

on 10/25/2014 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this hoping for a beautiful gold eye shadow base. Not so. This pulls too yellow on me and made my eye makeup always look --- off. So, I tucked it away for about a year and now it's dried up and I still don't like the color. Going in the trash.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Not for me/not my thing. This shows up really muddy yellow on me! It isn't a good look on me. It was in the first batch of Color Tattoo e/s I bought when I bought Bad To The Bronze, Pom Punk, Fierce/Tangy, Tough As Taupe, & Too Cool. I didn't think it would pull so "yellow" & I don't enjoy giving negative reviews so as much as it pains me to say this (& to waste makeup/money on products that did not work out), I will probably be tossing this out soon. Irdk why I've held onto it this long. I keep hanging onto it for some reason hoping that I can make use of it somehow, but it is hard to describe how it looks on me, kind of tacky & weird, looks like I've got jaundiced eye lids. Idk what I was expecting, I guess less yellow.

on 5/8/2014 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Wow, you want gold? You got it lol. This is a yellow gold that is seriously pigmented and in your face. I am NW20 and find it hard to wear golds and bronzes, but I do it anyway with this lol. Such a rich and pretty gold.

Lasts all day and can be layered or worn alone. Awesome gold and better than any other gold I have come across.

on 3/17/2014 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Where can i start?? This product is amazing. Its pigmentation is excellent. For its awesome price, you get a good amount of product and it is very good quality. The only con i might have is that it did crease after 3 or 4 hours, but it was nothing significant. Overall, its a great product and i highly reccommend it to everyone (:

on 1/25/2014 7:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

First off, my colour looks a lot darker and more dirty/bronze than the swatches i'v seen/pictures i'v seen, but my pot is labled as bold gold!

I love how easy it is to use, just swipe some on the lid blend a little, add some winged liner and mascara and i'm ready to go! And it's a beautiful sparkling bronze gold shade that makes the brown in my eyes really stand out!

My problem with these is they wont stay put! I used it plain, no primer or shadow and it creased in an hour and a bit. So the next day I used a primer and then the shadow, and two hours later it was creased and mostly gone. So the NEXT day I used a primer, bold gold, and then a matching gold shade on top and it STILL creased in two hours on me!

I wish I could get this to work for me because it is such a lovely shade!

on 12/19/2013 7:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love the colour, a beautiful which does not have too much yellow in it. Has become my everyday eyeshadow as it is easy to use and I can get away without using a shadow primer. Perfect for lazy/rushed mornings. I only really use it on the base of the lid, it tends to crease if I apply on the entire lid, even with a primer. A little annoying, but it manages to still look bright and gorgeous with my other method. I find it applies best with my fingers, but it's difficult to get in when my nails were long. Texture wise, it isn't as smooth and buttery as other cream shadows, such as Shiseido. But I've probably been spoilt! Saying that, the texture isn't gritty or anything like that, and completely workable. This shade is pigmented but I have to make sure I have a decent amount, otherwise the colour tends to disperse a bit once applied? I also find that it lasts most of the day with minimal fading. I'd repurchase as it is a good quality product for a low price, even if it isn't the best cream shadow I've tried.

on 11/11/2013 5:44:00 AM

This is amazing!! Firstly it stays put without a primer! Secondly it has fantastic pigmentation a little goes a long way! And thirsty ITS AMAZING!

on 10/22/2013 8:01:00 AM

This stays on without creasing, I've used it on me and on my friends (all of us have oily eyelids) with and without a primer. It doesn't make any difference if there's a primer underneath, I stays on anyway. I've never worn it for more than 3 hours maybe, but I did my friends makeup for a party and I used this (it looked amazing with her blue eyes, blonde hair and tanned skin) with nothing on top, just a darker brown in her crease, and her eyemakeup held up amazingly throughout the evening. I applied it at 7pm, and when we came home at 1.30am it looked the same. Bare in mind that her eyelids are very oily and we didn't use a primer underneath. My only problem with this one is that it's sort of messy, depending on how you apply it, if you use a synthetic brush it's fine, but if you use your finger you will put to much on and it will look chalky and uneven, and you will never get it off. The glitter in it can get everywhere (even though it's a cream, it's very weird) if you're not careful, and you need a hardcore oil-based makeup-remover to get it off. I find that this can damage my real hair-brushes in a way, and they're very hard to clean when I have used this with them. As I mentioned, this can look chalky, but the other colour tattoo that I have in On and on bronze/Bad to the bronze (the most amazing colour) is not chalky at all.. I don't know if they are or should be different or if I got a bad one or something.

I do think that there's more pros than cons with this one, so I would buy it again, the colour is amazing, it's affordable and it doesn't crease. I do have to use it carefully though, but I can work with that :)

Popular Eye Shadows