July 31, 2014 | 1030 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo - Bold Gold / Eternal Gold

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2014 7:31:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

Not for me/not my thing. This shows up really muddy yellow on me! It isn't a good look on me. It was in the first batch of Color Tattoo e/s I bought when I bought Bad To The Bronze, Pom Punk, Fierce/Tangy, Tough As Taupe, & Too Cool. I didn't think it would pull so "yellow" & I don't enjoy giving negative reviews so as much as it pains me to say this (& to waste makeup/money on products that did not work out), I will probably be tossing this out soon. Irdk why I've held onto it this long. I keep hanging onto it for some reason hoping that I can make use of it somehow, but it is hard to describe how it looks on me, kind of tacky & weird, looks like I've got jaundiced eye lids. Idk what I was expecting, I guess less yellow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2014 1:27:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

Wow, you want gold? You got it lol. This is a yellow gold that is seriously pigmented and in your face. I am NW20 and find it hard to wear golds and bronzes, but I do it anyway with this lol. Such a rich and pretty gold.

Lasts all day and can be layered or worn alone. Awesome gold and better than any other gold I have come across.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2014 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Pammybammy

Where can i start?? This product is amazing. Its pigmentation is excellent. For its awesome price, you get a good amount of product and it is very good quality. The only con i might have is that it did crease after 3 or 4 hours, but it was nothing significant. Overall, its a great product and i highly reccommend it to everyone (:

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 7:58:00 AM More reviews by shanhal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

First off, my colour looks a lot darker and more dirty/bronze than the swatches i'v seen/pictures i'v seen, but my pot is labled as bold gold!

I love how easy it is to use, just swipe some on the lid blend a little, add some winged liner and mascara and i'm ready to go! And it's a beautiful sparkling bronze gold shade that makes the brown in my eyes really stand out!

My problem with these is they wont stay put! I used it plain, no primer or shadow and it creased in an hour and a bit. So the next day I used a primer and then the shadow, and two hours later it was creased and mostly gone. So the NEXT day I used a primer, bold gold, and then a matching gold shade on top and it STILL creased in two hours on me!

I wish I could get this to work for me because it is such a lovely shade!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2013 7:06:00 AM More reviews by izumilove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love the colour, a beautiful which does not have too much yellow in it. Has become my everyday eyeshadow as it is easy to use and I can get away without using a shadow primer. Perfect for lazy/rushed mornings. I only really use it on the base of the lid, it tends to crease if I apply on the entire lid, even with a primer. A little annoying, but it manages to still look bright and gorgeous with my other method. I find it applies best with my fingers, but it's difficult to get in when my nails were long. Texture wise, it isn't as smooth and buttery as other cream shadows, such as Shiseido. But I've probably been spoilt! Saying that, the texture isn't gritty or anything like that, and completely workable. This shade is pigmented but I have to make sure I have a decent amount, otherwise the colour tends to disperse a bit once applied? I also find that it lasts most of the day with minimal fading. I'd repurchase as it is a good quality product for a low price, even if it isn't the best cream shadow I've tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 5:44:00 AM More reviews by Carla1346

This is amazing!! Firstly it stays put without a primer! Secondly it has fantastic pigmentation a little goes a long way! And thirsty ITS AMAZING!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2013 8:01:00 AM More reviews by louisamakeup

This stays on without creasing, I've used it on me and on my friends (all of us have oily eyelids) with and without a primer. It doesn't make any difference if there's a primer underneath, I stays on anyway. I've never worn it for more than 3 hours maybe, but I did my friends makeup for a party and I used this (it looked amazing with her blue eyes, blonde hair and tanned skin) with nothing on top, just a darker brown in her crease, and her eyemakeup held up amazingly throughout the evening. I applied it at 7pm, and when we came home at 1.30am it looked the same. Bare in mind that her eyelids are very oily and we didn't use a primer underneath. My only problem with this one is that it's sort of messy, depending on how you apply it, if you use a synthetic brush it's fine, but if you use your finger you will put to much on and it will look chalky and uneven, and you will never get it off. The glitter in it can get everywhere (even though it's a cream, it's very weird) if you're not careful, and you need a hardcore oil-based makeup-remover to get it off. I find that this can damage my real hair-brushes in a way, and they're very hard to clean when I have used this with them. As I mentioned, this can look chalky, but the other colour tattoo that I have in On and on bronze/Bad to the bronze (the most amazing colour) is not chalky at all.. I don't know if they are or should be different or if I got a bad one or something.

I do think that there's more pros than cons with this one, so I would buy it again, the colour is amazing, it's affordable and it doesn't crease. I do have to use it carefully though, but I can work with that :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2013 8:08:00 PM More reviews by orenjinominh

After hoarding almost all of the maybelline tattoos I quickly forgot about them or put them in a way that was hard to distinguish. I had gold rush too and it was such a tacky and cheap gold that I never used again. the other day as I was clearing out my ds stash to swap, I rediscovered this color. beautiful! its like the gold color in ud's naked palettes but in cream form and the glitter is more noticeable. you can get fallout, so apply a light layer and really pack instead of brush across. I use this with a matte brown in the outer v and its very low maintenance glam. I didn't give it more stars since I've only had my pot unused for 6 months and its already pretty dry. oh, and use a brush. fingers work but you get hella fat clumps and it will crease on the lids and stain your finger.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2013 12:35:00 PM More reviews by Aislingm11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Thought this would be perfect as a base for a gold smokey eye but was very mistaken.
Comes out as a tacky yellow color on the lids and creases horribly when eyeshadow is applied over it.
I'd recommend sticking to- on and on bronze/bad to the bronze.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by missyoualready

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the colour tattoos overall, I have this one and the bad to the bronze. Together they work amazing together, I like to use this on the overall lid and bad to the bronze in my crease. I also like using this underneath my eyes to make them stand out. These last forever, literally all day as they claim without smudging. I know a lot of people like to use this as an eye primer underneath a regular shadow, which I have done - but this works beautifully on its own as well. A little goes a long way, and this little jar would probably last a long time. I also like how the packaging looks expensive, however after not using for a while it can be kind of hard to the touch to work with - this can be annoying as I do not want to tug on my eyelids. I would definitely buy this again and try out the other colours as well!