September 30, 2014 | 1590 users online

Eye Shadow - Estee Lauder - Pure Color Eyeshadow - All Colors

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2014 1:08:00 PM More reviews by Clairce1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got as a free gift pink flash, lilac whimsy, silver bell and provocative plum. Hated them at first and they ended up behind all my UD pallets - tried again - you need loads of the product to show up but nice if you keep layering. Doubt it will last long though as you need so much.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2014 6:29:00 AM More reviews by janet1028

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Like most women on this site, I've used every eye shadow on the market. For the very reason that many of the women DON'T like this shadow, I love it!

Here's why: It's super blend able and provides a sheer - but not patchy - wash of color. I like Ivory Slipper and several of the matte shades for the crease. And the blend out beautifully so that I have definition without the obvious pigment application.

I'm almost 59 and eye shadow was something that I'd given up on. The MACS and UD shadows were too much pigment and texture for my eyes.

But these are perfect. If you're a face over fifty, this might be a good option for you.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2013 9:19:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

These are rather poor quality. Most shades are chalky. You need to swipe your eyeshadow brush a million times to achieve any kind of depth beyond 'translucent.' It's easy to hit pan on these eyeshadows because 23.4 swipes would equal 2 swipes of other, similarly priced eyeshadows. Lasts...not at all. Looks uneven--not smooth. Just bad. Glad I got these as a GIFT.
I have hit pan on Ivory Slipper, Wild Sable, Sugar Biscuit, Amethyst Spark, Hot Cinammon and Nude Fresco. They are all great colours, but I wish the same could be said for the quality.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2013 8:36:00 AM More reviews by Tabby95

I am torn with this product! I bought a mini palette containing nine colours which are all subtle pinks and browns, which are all absolutely gorgeous.

The palette looked nice as it was a dark navy with a gold Estée Lauder logo on the front however the logo has now faded away

The palette came with a small sponge applicator brush which I didn't use at first because it was a bit scratchy on my eyelid but after a few more applications it is now fine to use. The mirror in the palette is also very good.

As I said, I am torn, because I love the colours but I don't feel like the eyeshadow itself lasts very long. After a few hours it fades away and I often apply it twice a day, that said, this palette has lasted me a good few months and is nowhere near running out yet. The colours can be difficult to build sometimes but it's not too much of a problem as they are subtle tones so you wouldn't necessarily want a thick, matte look. The colours are nice for a daytime look but they aren't so great for the evening.

I'm not sure if I would buy it again just because of the way the colour wears off.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 6:48:00 PM More reviews by Marivale

La tengo en Midnight Star (metallic), un azul-negro con destellos metálicos. ES MUY linda, perfecta para smokey eyes, la uso poco pero estoy enamorada de esta sombra. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2012 1:04:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

In general, Pure Color eyeshadows are some of my favorite eye shadows. They tend to be silky smooth and long lasting for me. Not all colors are pigemented enough for me though. Ivory slipper is is a creamy beige with shiimmer but does not show up at all. Nude Fresco is a coppery rose with little pigmentation. Sepia sand is a gorgeous taupe shimmer that also does not show up on my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/18/2011 12:20:00 PM More reviews by Swimblock

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the worst eyeshadow, it is not highly pigmented at all. The natural colors I use as a base just fade to nothing as soon as I put them on. Revlon's Matte eyeshadows are far better than this IMHO.