April 24, 2014 | 895 users online

Loose Powders - Lakme - Face Sheer

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2011 11:36:00 AM More reviews by MissNRI

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I decided to try this powder to add a nice warm glow to my skin. My first reaction was that the packaging could have been much better. I never like when sponges or brushes for loose powder are attached to the lid as this makes it difficult to control the amounts of powder, difficult to apply it correctly and difficult to clean the sponge/brush. So this attached sponge was more difficult to work with than I would have liked. However, I did love the powder itself. It is a gorgeous shimmer powder that stays firmly in shimmer territory and doesn't look glittery and cheap. It is a bit intense to be used all over the face (it is not exactly "sheer" and for the whole face, as the name implies) but is divine on cheeks, under brow bones, and on the body to add a bit of highlight to one's clavicle or cleavage region if you choose. Once you get used to the awkward sponge (or use another sponge or brush,) it is a good shimmer powder, especially if one prefers loose powder, but not one I would repurchase as I think I like Colorbar's pressed Shimmer Bar better.