September 17, 2014 | 1927 users online

Lip Gloss - Boots - No7 Poppy King - Confidence

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 5:39:00 PM More reviews by MissLucyLu

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a beautiful gloss that would look good on just about anyone. I am very fair with cool undertones.
Neutral pinky brown with a little more color than most YLBB. No sparkle, glitter or frost - just clear color with (happily) no scent or taste. Not overly sticky. Like most glosses it doesn't last as long as lipstick. Have already ordered some extras from the Boots website!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2011 10:42:00 AM More reviews by makeupdee

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this on the recommendation of a Boots consultant at a Target (Burbank, CA). It is exactly what I told her I was looking for - a pinky brown gloss that will give the semi-nude look to go with dark eyeliner. It has no frost, just a clear pinky brown. It's brilliant- one nice feature that she explained is that it can be layered, so you can wear just a light coat for very natural, you-but-better look, or you can apply a couple of coats for more pronounced color. You can also apply it over a nude pencil for a more nude glossy lip. Love, love, LOVE it so much!!!!!!! I hope Boots never stops making this shade and formulation. It's a little on the expensive side for DS gloss (almost $10), but cheap compared to department store brands, so I gave it a 3 for Price. Packaging is fine, you can get the product out nicely, I'm not sure about the little dots on the handle, it looks like they might wear off over time, so I gave it a 4 (a 5 for packaging would have to be something crazy-wonderful). It has a slight cinnamon taste/smell which I'm not fond of, but it's not bothersome. Wear is fine and it is nice and moisturizing.
** TWO WEEKS LATER ** update - I can't say enough how freaking awesome this shade and formula are. It's exactly what I was looking for in terms of color, and as a bonus, is actually moisturizing and leaves your lips in better shape than they were before. No flaking or peeling with this gloss... And it just looks SO GOOD for everyday wear-- it's so natural you can apply without a mirror, and use a very light coat for a "you but better" look, or you can layer it on a little thicker for more color. So far the packaging has held up better than I expected and still looks new-- the dots on the handle haven't worn off like I thought they would.