October 31, 2014 | 990 users online

BB Cream - Ettusais - Mineral BB Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2014 8:36:00 PM More reviews by skygazer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My skin type: warm, around NC35, combination with oily t-zone, acne-prone

Shade: I use the warmest shade (30 healthy). I do wish they have a better shade selection for my more tanned friends! Unlike some bb creams, do not leave that greyish cast on me.

Coverage: sheer-medium, definitely buildable

Packaging: Lovely! Comes in a tube that dispenses in any amount you like, very hygienic. You can cut it up at the end to get to the last bit if you're so inclined.

Makeup Result: Matte finish but not flat, very natural, almost no-makeup look. Doesn't feel heavy on the skin. Oil-control wise, I get dewy by the end of the day,so it's decent but not fantastic. I do not powder over it as it dries to a powdery finish on me.

Skincare Result: Ettusais claims that this is made of 79% skincare ingredients, and I'm surprised (and impressed) that it delivers its claims! It moisturizes my skin and calms my acne. I didn't realize how good it was for my skin, till I ran out one day and arrived home to slightly oily and yet dehydrated skin. With SPF 30 and PA++ (moderate protection against photoaging), I've skipped sunscreen and yet had fairer skin since I started using this daily!

In summary, this is a great product! I'm on my third tube, which is saying ALOT for this fickle-minded user!

P.S. Pregnant ladies, for reference, I've scrutinized the ingredient list and found no salicylic acid (which my skin NEEDS to combat acne and yet not recommended for use during pregnancy) or retinoids. So I used it while I was pregnant and had no side effects. Hope this helps!

Edited Note: this review is for the pink tube, not the white one,which I found to be too dewy for my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2014 8:49:00 AM More reviews by leauparkenzo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this BB cream simply because its darkest shade matches my skin quite well as opposed to other BB creams which make me look ghostly white.

It gives a natural finish whilst glossing over my skin's imperfections such that I look as though I don't have much makeup on. However, be careful not to be too heavy handed with this product as it can make you look too fair if you apply too much of it on your face.

Oil control is not bad - I need to blot and set it with my Mac Blot Powder once in a while, but that's fine. I also noticed that my skin has become softer after using this for a week.

This my daily BB cream, but if I wish to look more polished and made-up, I will turn to my Estee Lauder Double Wear Liq Foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2014 1:06:00 PM More reviews by tatcuya114

I have acne prone skin with an oily T-zone, large pores on and around my nose. I am NC20 in MAC and I have this BB cream in the color No. 2. I have tried numerous BB creams (e.g., Missha, BRTC, Skin79, Dr. Jart...), but I seldom find one that addresses all my needs. I very much like this one. What I appreciate the most about this one are: 1) it makes your skin appear smoother, even more so than a lot of high-end foundations; 2) it has three color choices, which is more than most bb creams, 3) it is pretty long-lasting, 4) it has pretty high coverage, and 5) it does not break me out. Given these qualities, I'd say if you have oily, textured, acne prone skin and want a fuss-free base product, give this a try.

My skin does not get along with heavily silicone-based products. They break me out or make my pores appear 10 times larger when I take it off by the end of the day. As a result, I can not use many of the base products on the market that target oily skin because they rely on the silicone ingredients to fill in your pores and absorb the sebum. Ettusais is a Japanese brand that specializes in making products that address adult acne. When I knew that they have a BB cream, I thought it might be worth trying because it's targeted at skin types like mine, and it's not supposed to make my skin issues worse. I was not disappointed.

The first thing I noticed about this product is that it's smoother than most BB creams. It is a cream consistency, but it's not sticky as other BB creams. I use my HG Shiseido perfect foundation brush to spread this all over my face, which I never do with other BB creams, because they are too tacky for a foundation brush (I use my fingers to apply other BB creams instead). This BB cream givens a medium-high coverage and instantly smooths out the texture on my face and dries to a pretty matte finish. I set it with the Ettusais BB mineral powder (also in No. 2), and I'm good for the rest of the day. It holds up to the oil on my face pretty well throughout the day.

Here is the even more important part: it does not break me out or make my skin worse. I'm currently experiencing some hormonal breakouts on my chin area. I noticed that the other base products I own tend to make my acne worse when I take the foundation off by the end of the day. This doesn't.

The only complain I have is that I wish the finish of the product can be a little more dewy and hence more natural. When I wear this, you can tell the I have makeup on my face. Normally I prefer base products that give the illusion of no makeup. But other than that, this is a product that's worth trying if you are looking for a BB cream that has all the qualities I described.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by zxcver

I've tried many Korean and Japanese BB creams and the Ettusais Mineral BB cream is a consistent favourite. Unlike many Asian BB creams, this does not look grey on the face and gives a natural-looking medium coverage. With this BB cream, I use blotting paper less often than when I use foundation or other BB creams. I presume it is because of the has moisturising effect of this BB cream-- the japanese packaging does claim the BB cream contains 79% 'skincare' ingredients.

A con of this product would be the limited colour range-- I'm very glad colour 10 suits me well.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 11:14:00 PM More reviews by scarlettberry

The best bb cream I have! Great for my oily and acne prone skin since its matte and literally made for this skin type. It offers medium coverage but is buildable. It feels light and feels great. I now know why this is the 3rd best bb cream in Japan.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2013 12:46:00 AM More reviews by jianing23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have combo oily skin...
didnt really work out for me :/ it broke me out every time i used it, and so i gave it to my mom.
she has normal skin but when she used it, she broke out too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2013 4:14:00 AM More reviews by MichikoFliz

This is a review for the BB Mineral White Cream, which is a more glowy version of the original. I got the shade 30, their darkest shade, which matches my summer skin well. Now that it is summer, I do notice there is oil control because it is super humid now and my face doesn't feel greasy. It might be too drying for winter though. I should mention I lightly dusted some Jurlique powder on top.

The tube is so cute and classy in a squeezy tube, so that gets a 5 for packaging.

This needs a moisturiser under to help with the spreading, but this is not an issue for me. It smells like foundation and has coverage similar to a medium foundation, which blew my mind. It has SPF45PA++ and is non-comodegenic and fragrance free so more ticks from me.

It makes my very red and inflamed skin look smooth, luminous and presentable. It also has some acne-treatment in it as well, which is always a plus. It hasn't caused me any breakouts. In fact, my active giant pimples have shrivelled up since I've been using this.

I would get this again. It may not be the best choice for winter but right now, it is awesome.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2013 10:14:00 PM More reviews by Freedom3033

This is a great product for true combination/oily skin, especially if you live in a humid, tropical country like Singapore. The price is slightly higher than the usual Korean brands, but it's totally worth it. The colour tone is not ashy, not too pinkish. It's beige, great if your skin has slight reddish tone. It's matte finish, but if you prefer a slightly more dewy look, go for the Ettusais BB cream that's in a white tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 9:01:00 AM More reviews by Skull2hearts

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Was recommended by friend, tried this product and really blend with my skin tone(i was using ottie purple dew powder before) better then using powder foundation. I have sensitive skin and this BB cream doesnt cause any pimple outbreak ~ this is a really good product

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 6:47:00 AM More reviews by tanseiyin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I found this product via a taiwanese magazine and well, apparrently it topped sales there. I thought the packaging was really cute so i decided to give it a go after reading so many positive reviews about it .

I had to say that i was really impressed by what i felt at the counter. I applied a pea sized amount onto the back of my hand and smoothed it out. It felt like : reallyyyy smooth. not a bit of stickiness that BB creams tend to give.

I love the matte look that it gives and the fact that it was withstand my excessive sweating( i sweat like really easily)and always retexturises itself whenever i am back in air con .

It didnt broke me out :) dont really know about the anti-acne effects that it publicises about but , yeah, small pimples here and there but no major explosion :)

The coverage is okay i guess ~ not that i apply a lot though . it probably cant do much about covering the redness around my nose area but something is better than nothing.

It looks really natural, which is what i love about it :) my friends couldnt tell whenever i applied it !

no weird smell or whatsoever ~

I LOVE THE PACKAGING <3