December 20, 2014 | 1731 users online

Lipstick - TheBalm - Mai Billsbepaid

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2014 5:57:00 PM More reviews by missnovella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i tried this light pink-brown toned nude shade on my wrist at the store and looked very nice to me but on my lips it didnt work,not flattering at all.it washed me out.probably it didnt suit well with my warm undertoned skin and pale lips.so i gave it to my sister and it looked amazing on her.when it comes to nude shades ,it depends on your skin tone and lip pigmentation how it will look.i think fair skinned ladies with cool undertones and more pigmented lips wear this shade very well.the texture is great very creamy,sheer,satin finish with minty refreshing scent and for me it has a little tingle which gives you the feeling as if your lips plumping.any minty lip product gives me that feeling so the tingle effect may changes person to person

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2014 7:46:00 PM More reviews by NerdyLibrarianGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Best nude lipstick for fair skin! I love the nude lipstick look in theory, but as anyone else with fair skin knows, "nude" lips are not necessarily a flattering look. Many popular nude shades, with practically cult followings, on me end up looking like I smeared foundation over my lips or simply make me look ill.

But then, enter theBalm Girls Lipstick in "Mai Billsbepaid", a pinky-brown nude. I have been obsessed with it ever since I got it. I was down to the last little nub and just picked up a second tube. When you have a healthy sized lipstick collection and you use up a lipstick in under a year, it's a pretty good sign.

It's the perfect "nude" for me and very wearable for everyday. It has hardly left my purse. I have cool toned skin with pink undertones (I'm an "NC15" but in reality lighter than that). This shade works really well with my skin tone, doesn't wash me out, and just looks effortless and natural.

The formula of theBalm Girls Lipsticks is amazing. Very smooth, creamy, super hydrating, and not too opaque and not too sheer. Just right! The finish is slightly shiny. In fact, I think they remind me of the MAC Lustre Lipsticks which I love. theBalm lipsticks also have a pleasant, light scent that fades after you apply it. Sort of a chocolate mint scent. The silver bullet packaging is adorable. It's the kind of lipstick you just enjoy pulling out and applying over and over again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 11:53:00 PM More reviews by lozzie88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this as a nude lippy, it adds a small colour but doesn't give you dead lips. It's lovely and buttery without an offensive smell. Would recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2014 2:31:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My mom picked this up for me as a present and she did quiet well! I'm an NW15-20 Blonde hair, green eyes, and this is an excellent MLBB shade on me. I like the silver bullet and the formula is really nice. I find the colour goes on nice and smooth and, it does not dry out my lips and wears off evenly which I love about it! I like to put Milani Luminous lip gloss over it but it is awesome on its own as well.

I also notice that it either plumps my lips or makes them look fuller. I also own Amanda Kissmylips which is a nice plummy colour for Fall. I really like the longevity of these and they do feel very nice and are well pigmented. MaiBillsbepaid is a great everyday lippie that you can vamp up with some gold gloss like Nymphette or use it for everyday wear.:) Recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2012 12:52:00 AM More reviews by jinyeong

I bought this lipstick when Hautelook was having a sale on thebalm products again. I'm super happy with this lip product. Finally, a matte finish lipstick that doesn't highlight cracks or dry out my lips! I apply it over my EOS lip balm and I'm good to go. I love how it mattifies my lips and evens out the colour. For me it's very much a MLBB shade, which I wasn't impressed with at first. But within a few minutes I started to love it. It applies like a light mauve-y nude with a hint of pink. Nude, but not enough to wash you out. Very versatile for all skin tones. I'll be carrying this around with me as a daily lip colour. It's got the standard, subtle bullet shape packaging which I personally like.

My only gripe is that the swatch on the packaging is about 2-3 shades lighter than the actual lipstick itself, which is misleading (the swatch looks like a pinky nude when in actuality it's a darker nude). I'm glad I got this for the price it was (around $10) because I probably wouldn't have paid retail just to try it out. Now that I know I love it, I'd repurchase it or try out different shades. Retail price for this is just a little over my limit for lip products, which is $15 for MAC lipsticks. MAC is the usually the only brand in which I feel justified for spending so much money on a lip product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2012 10:31:00 PM More reviews by Sta1cee

This lipstick is WOW!!!
Goes on so smoothly, doesn't settle into vertical lines like all the other lipsticks, and the pigmentation is beautiful!
I see that a lot of people say it's a pinky nude but it looks like a brownish nude to me. Not sure if their formula changed or if I just got a weird tube. But I'd call this a rosy brown.
I feel like the entire lipstick line from theBalm is suited for dark skintones. All the shades I tried looked awkward against my pale skin. However, I'd imagine this being a perfect nude for those with dark skintones.
The only con is that this lipstick does transfer to cups and all. But I've yet to find a lipstick that could withhold a meal so that's that.
Overall, perfect lipstick. I just don't think it suits my fair skintone all that well so I won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by GingerNoisette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

It's perfect MLBB pink, creamy but it shows off your lips' every detail so use a little sugar on your lips to even out first. Great for 'no makeup' look and for every beautiful girl who needs just mascara and lipstick!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2011 12:24:00 AM More reviews by SapphireRoses80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I already reviewed Mia Moore, and I'd say the same thing about this color. It's moisturizing and hugs the lips. It's a creamy nude color depending on your lip pigmentation. It can make your lips look washed out if they're pigmented but adding a lip liner on top can solve that. I think this is most comparable to Bobbi Brown's Bare Pink lipstick. This color looks best with natural/neutral looks or with dark smoky eyes. Overall, I'd highly recommend this color just for it's ingredients to lock in moisture during the winter months.