April 16, 2014 | 1398 users online

Lipstick - TheBalm - Mai Billsbepaid

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2014 2:31:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My mom picked this up for me as a present and she did quiet well! I'm an NW15-20 Blonde hair, green eyes, and this is an excellent MLBB shade on me. I like the silver bullet and the formula is really nice. I find the colour goes on nice and smooth and, it does not dry out my lips and wears off evenly which I love about it! I like to put Milani Luminous lip gloss over it but it is awesome on its own as well.

I also notice that it either plumps my lips or makes them look fuller. I also own Amanda Kissmylips which is a nice plummy colour for Fall. I really like the longevity of these and they do feel very nice and are well pigmented. MaiBillsbepaid is a great everyday lippie that you can vamp up with some gold gloss like Nymphette or use it for everyday wear.:) Recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2012 12:52:00 AM More reviews by jinyeong

I bought this lipstick when Hautelook was having a sale on thebalm products again. I'm super happy with this lip product. Finally, a matte finish lipstick that doesn't highlight cracks or dry out my lips! I apply it over my EOS lip balm and I'm good to go. I love how it mattifies my lips and evens out the colour. For me it's very much a MLBB shade, which I wasn't impressed with at first. But within a few minutes I started to love it. It applies like a light mauve-y nude with a hint of pink. Nude, but not enough to wash you out. Very versatile for all skin tones. I'll be carrying this around with me as a daily lip colour. It's got the standard, subtle bullet shape packaging which I personally like.

My only gripe is that the swatch on the packaging is about 2-3 shades lighter than the actual lipstick itself, which is misleading (the swatch looks like a pinky nude when in actuality it's a darker nude). I'm glad I got this for the price it was (around $10) because I probably wouldn't have paid retail just to try it out. Now that I know I love it, I'd repurchase it or try out different shades. Retail price for this is just a little over my limit for lip products, which is $15 for MAC lipsticks. MAC is the usually the only brand in which I feel justified for spending so much money on a lip product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2012 10:31:00 PM More reviews by Sta1cee

This lipstick is WOW!!!
Goes on so smoothly, doesn't settle into vertical lines like all the other lipsticks, and the pigmentation is beautiful!
I see that a lot of people say it's a pinky nude but it looks like a brownish nude to me. Not sure if their formula changed or if I just got a weird tube. But I'd call this a rosy brown.
I feel like the entire lipstick line from theBalm is suited for dark skintones. All the shades I tried looked awkward against my pale skin. However, I'd imagine this being a perfect nude for those with dark skintones.
The only con is that this lipstick does transfer to cups and all. But I've yet to find a lipstick that could withhold a meal so that's that.
Overall, perfect lipstick. I just don't think it suits my fair skintone all that well so I won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by GingerNoisette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

It's perfect MLBB pink, creamy but it shows off your lips' every detail so use a little sugar on your lips to even out first. Great for 'no makeup' look and for every beautiful girl who needs just mascara and lipstick!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2011 12:24:00 AM More reviews by SapphireRoses80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I already reviewed Mia Moore, and I'd say the same thing about this color. It's moisturizing and hugs the lips. It's a creamy nude color depending on your lip pigmentation. It can make your lips look washed out if they're pigmented but adding a lip liner on top can solve that. I think this is most comparable to Bobbi Brown's Bare Pink lipstick. This color looks best with natural/neutral looks or with dark smoky eyes. Overall, I'd highly recommend this color just for it's ingredients to lock in moisture during the winter months.