Bourjois Flower Perfection Youth Extension Foundation

3.5

DIMETHICONE, AQUA (WATER), TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, ALCOHOL DENAT., ALUMINA, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, GLYCERYL CAPRYLATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, BIS-PEG/PPG-14/14 DIMETHICONE, CHLORPHENESIN, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, SILICA, ISOMALT, HEXYL CINNAMAL, LINALOOL, BHT, LIMONENE, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, LECITHIN, RHODODENDRON FERRUGINEUM LEAF CELL CULTURE EXTRACT, SODIUM BENZOATE, LACTIC ACID, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE, [ /- (MAY CONTAIN) : CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES), CI 77019 (MICA), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES)] 10BMT004-1

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Nice foundation,covers well and lasts long but there is one issue,it oxidise severely,I'm NC 25-30 and mistakenly I bought 52 (vanilla); first when I apply it's too light but after 10 minutes it's exactly my skin's color so I'm happy that I haven't bought the light beige ,for me it happens with all bourjois foundations ,2 years age I bought 123 foundation in beige (54) and after half an hour I was left with an orangey hue which I hated but again it was nice foundation so my advice is to go one shade lighter

Bourjois??? What are you doing?? Such amazing foundations in this line, and somehow this ugly step sister managed to sneak in. I really don't like it, the coverage is the only good point this foundation has going for it, but it's pointless having good coverage if it only lasts for an hour. This stuff manages to feel oily and powdery all at the same time. Eek, sorry, no can do.

on 2/6/2015 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

One day I went out with my friend and her face looked flawless I was soo impressed by the foundation she was wearing because it looked amazing!! I asked her what foundation she was wearing and she told me this one. I bought it and I am impressed!!!!! I have such an oily skin and I hate it but this foundation is the bomb.com <3 I tried everyyyy foundation Mac pro longwear mac studio fix estee lauder double wear nars sheer glow and soo much more but nothing worked like this foundation!! It also covers all my acne scars!!! To all the oily gals : YOU NEED TO GET THIS FOUNDATION !!!

on 1/29/2015 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Oily skin, coverage is a little more than medium, semi matte. I have quite bad acne scars, with a thin layer of this foundation my skin looks almost even and scars are much much less noticeable. I don't bother with a second layer.
BUT you do need to moisturise. It does become patchy after few hrs out in the cold.

on 11/8/2014 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

If you want a natural look or expect this to be a higher coverage foundation with all the characteristics of Healthy Mix / Radiance Reveal, turn your head and find something else. This is a very thick, very matte foundation with great pigmentation that will give you a made up look. Needless to say it'll also flatten your complexion so you need to take out your arsenal of blush, bronzer, lipstick etc. This is not your everyday, slap-and-go foundation unless you are lucky enough to find a shade that matches you 100% & have non problematic skin. Overall, it is a very decent foundation but not without flaws.

If you have flaky and/or dry skin: do not use this straight up with a brush. It'll be a nightmare as it's extremely unforgiving on flakes. Using a wet sponge or spritzing your brush with water will give you a better result. I normally go in circles with sponge or brush for the first layer, then stipple around necessary areas for the second layer. If you are extremely dry or super flaky, I doubt this will work.

Colour: the very limited selection looks yellow, but when applied it's more neutral than HM / RR, which might be good or bad depending on what you need. I find the colour oxidizes a bit.

Cleansing: it's not like paint that stick to your face, so that's a plus as it has less chance of breaking you out.

Verdict: 3,5 rating. I can see why people are divided about this; either you love it or you don't. I happen to have the oily skin needed for this to work & have always loved full coverage foundation although I'm not very happy that I have to use wet sponge/brush and all the hassle of washing it afterwards. I find the finish isn't as subtle or polished as I'd like it to be, although this may come from the colour issue. I am extremely yellow and 51 in Flower Perfection is just not yellow enough.

Repurchase: Yes if I can get it in BOGO. It is not HG but decent enough to be kept in the rotation. Greater oil control than WnW Coverall although the colour is a bit off (too neutral for me) and the finish isn't as sophisticated as ELDW / ELDWL but its staying power is on par with these.

For reference: NC15-20, Laura Mercier Soft Porcelain, HM/RR 51, ELDW 1N2 Ecru, ELDWL intensity 0,5, WnW Coverall 815 Fair, Colorstay Whipped Buff

on 6/24/2014 4:01:00 AM

I'm i fun of bourjois' foundations but not this one. The formula of this is thick, and the shade which I got is 52, it is way too pink and white for me! I don't know why, normally I was matched by 52 by healthy mix/ serum perfectly! As to this, I think it is like I'm wearing a mask on my face! Not smooth not natural

on 5/25/2014 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I very much like this foundation. It's very different than Bourjois Healty Mix, so if you are wanting a similar foundation to Healthy Mix, this is not the foundation for you.

The foundation is much heavier coverage, more of a matte finish.

Pros:
Great coverage
Good lasting time (just dont layer on too much or it will crease)
gives you 'perfect' skin
One of my favourite things to do is to mix this with Healthy Mix to get a sort of 'in the middle' foundation - the luminosity of healthy mix and the better coverage of flower perfection.

Cons:
Can crease/ settle into lines if too much is applied.
Can be felt on the skin

Overall, I will buy this foundation again and I have repurchased. I think this foundation would suit oilier skin types and possibly wont worker well on dry skin. For reference I am NC15 and am 51 in Flower Perfection.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Honestly one of the best foundations I've had full coverage which I love! I only use this product when I tan because I can't get a light enough one for my skin tone! The sponge is pretty rubbish so just use my own method! The bad thing is this has been discontinued from the boots and SuperDrug in my town and can't seem to find it anywhere. If I did see it I would buy it again any day.

on 2/20/2014 8:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This foundation is fine, but I still can't wait to use it all up. After I had bought it, I found out, that it's too heavy for me. It has high coverage, so it gives you that obviously made-up look, which I don't like. The consistency is thick, but not too much. I apply with fingers. I have never used the sponge. I have it in shade 51, which is too yellow for me. I would prefer more pink undertones. Staying power is good, but my skin is dehydrated, which means I have dry patches when I start applying and after a few hours I get oily. I would say it stays for 4 to 6 hours and then it needs touching up. I don't use powder over it, because it has a matte drying effect. I recommend using a good moisturizer under it, because if you're dry like me, you're gonna get obvious dry patches. The smell is quite pleasant. If you want higher coverage and good staying power and your skin is more on the oily side, then buy this. For me, this foundation looks too cakey, but I will continue to use it now during the winter.

on 1/29/2014 8:12:00 PM

First off- the sponge thing on the lid is offensively crap! Soaks it all up so that went straight in the bin. The foundation offers good coverage, but requires a well moisturised and primed face to stop in dragging on dry patches and drying too quickly before properly rubbed in. Fingers are best tool for application. Wouldn't buy again as requires a bit too much graft to make it look nice. Also loads of product lined he glass bottle edge that had to be ditched as impossible to pump out or remove lid to scrap out - and I hate waste!