September 20, 2014 | 1742 users online

Fragrances - Escada - Especially

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2014 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Dromero03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

When I first smelled this fragrance, it came in a shimmer body powder sample that I received from Sephora from an online order purchase. I normally take all my samples and throw them in my draw. However, the shimmer body powder sample was so cute that I decide to open it and wow was I in love. I automatically took me to a beautiful faraway land where roses laid on every bush in the garden that I walked through (in my mind). With waterfalls made of rose water that compared to simple bliss. When I returned back to realize I was standing in my walk-in closet, I knew I had to buy it....right away.

What amazed me about this product was how I automatically thought of roses. It wasn't until I googled it, did I realize that the whole campaign is geared around roses and rose gardens. The scent of this perfume really captures the campaign and the theme they are going for. It is very light weigh yet not to florally. It has a crisp scent that does not overpower your sense of smell and the thought of roses gardens are on your mind. It really does remind you of walking in a field of roses.

What I also like about this bottle, is while it might look big and bulky based on its design shape it is very easy to hold and spray which is a plus for me. I don't like perfume bottles where you need both hands to handle it. I grabbed this with one hand and sprayed away!

After smelling this fragrance from the shimmer body powder and being captivated by its scent, a few days later my Instyle Magazine came with a sample of it on one of the pages. After rubbing my whole body with the torn out page (yes I know a little extreme) I knew this scent captured the very essence of me. I decided to visit Sephora a few weeks later in order to try out the perfume in person and see how well it mixed with my body chemistry. You see, what a lot of people take for granted is that while a certain scent may smell good on your friend and the magazine page, it may not work with your body makeup.

Case in point Candy by Prada. Last year I asked my husband to buy me this perfume for my birthday because it smelled just amazing in my Instyle Magazine page. He even liked it himself. However he forgot (thank God) to buy me ANYTHING for my birthday last year. In December we went to Sephora and I reminded him that he didn't get me anything for my birthday. So he told me if I really wanted it, to go ahead and buy it. However upon us smelling it again and then spraying it on me, (after walking around the store) we realized the smell completely changed and it did not all smell like what came out of the bottle. So we went back to check the bottle and realized that the perfume on my body did not mesh. With a broken heart, I left the store and the perfume behind.

However when Escada came along, I made sure to spritz it on myself at Sephora and walked around with it all day long and to my surprise everyone said just how awesome it smelled on me!

If you like floral scents this surely will be a winner for you!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2014 8:22:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was able to get a generous sample from Sephora. I agree that this smells like something I have smelled before, but it works well with my skin chemistry and it has a nice rosy fruity scent that isn't too overbearing. In general I love most Escada fragrances, and this is a nice change from the typical fruity scents that they have. I think it is good day time scent and is suitable as a winter and spring scent imo.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I used to love Escada but this is very generic. Just a typical floral/fruity fragrance that can be mimicked with most other ones in the same category. Doesn't last particularly long and I think it is overpriced at $48. If this was more in the $20 range it wouldn't be so bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 4:24:00 AM More reviews by Missconsistency

This perfume was personally presented to me from a sephora Perfumist / Beauty Consultant Ms.Loretta. She said My Personality matched up to this specific fragrance called Especially Escada Perfume. However the bottle should be relabled as Eau de toilette as lasting power is really just 2 hours when sprayed on the skin of pulse point on wrist ( lasts 8 hours longer when sprayed onto clothes) lasting power seriously does not even come close to benefit so hooked on carmella eau de toilette. The perfume bottle and gold cap is truly a work of luxury artwork. Scent is also fantastic. so far I really do like the fragrance and have decided to make this my 5th signature scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Nurken

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

In my search for a fruity-floral fragrance that LASTS, then this is it....! It`s sweet, but not over the top, floral and fruity combined. I just love it - Lasts on me a whole day, with only 2 spritzes on my neck...Get loads of compliments for this. The price is kinda steep, but hey, it`s eau de parfume...you pay for what you get. Try it out if you`re like me (loving everything light, fruity-floral-ish). My other favs are D&G Lìmperatrice, Burberry Brit Sheer, Burberry summer (2013), Chanel Chance eau tendre, Marc Jacobs eau so fresh....but this is a winner, especially (!!) because it lasts.....

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2013 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Foxy9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Especially Escada was surprisingly nice! This is a great fragrance for any age, but would be most popular among the under 25 crowd.
Generally I am drawn to more complex fragrances. This is the ideal light, fresh, summery fragrance.
It is along the same lines as D&G L'imperatrice #3 (closest resemblance, almost identical), Burberry Brit Sheer, Serge Lutens L'eau,and even D&G Light Blue.
The packaging is not very practical at all. Nice to look at, but not for carrying in your purse. (Note to self: buy more Travalos)
The only reason it doesn't get 5 stars is the same reason all the other comparisons don't : poor longevity. These all have to been worn like a body spray, repeated application throughout the day. But I LOVE this one, so I spray it on my clothes too. It lasts alot longer that way.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like this scent but nothing really special about it, smell like everything else to me. I also think that this perfume doesn't last on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2013 3:35:00 PM More reviews by AMaksimova

I love this fragrance! It is my signature and makes me feel beautiful!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2012 1:13:00 AM More reviews by XoXoSinCity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

LOVE this perfume, finally sweet meet citrus/floral in the absolute perfect balance. I have been in a perfume funk recently as years of my staples (Dior Cherie, Viva La Juicy, Burberry Brit, etc) have me bored and looking for a new unique scent that is awesome for day or night. I had smelled so many scents at sephora and they all were either too sharp floral or sickly sweet. Was suprised how much I liked this one especially being Escada as honestly have never been a fan of this brand. I have bought the bottle edt LE scents that come out every summer when I was younger. They smelled fruity and fun but honestly were nothing better than cheap body spray you can buy at the mall at the cost of a perfume which just wasn't worth the value for me. Especially Escada however is really quality perfume status. I got the 1oz to try out for a few months and will see if it becomes a permanent staple. I do love the sleek modern fendi type packaging as well. Worth trying to say the least! :)

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2012 2:05:00 PM More reviews by roselovesmakeup

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like Especially, its main notes are Rose accompanied by Pear, now if you like the two combinations you will like this fragrance, it ends up in an ambrette drydown somewhat musky woodsy but in a fresher way. I don't know why Especially has a bad wrap perhaps it does not last long on some skin chemistry's or, I even seen a review about the name,Well I don't know what name it really deserves but its not only all about the name here with Especially, Given that names are just spoken and not characterized, imagine if we were by our names as humans.... just a thought, I just know that its a decent perfume for the price. If you like Floral and fruit mix, I think you will like this one.