October 2, 2014 | 1423 users online

Crème - Cle de Peau - Teint Naturel Satine Silky Cream Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2014 1:52:00 AM More reviews by vespera

I do love this foundation, it feels silky, gives full coverage and the best thing is that it doesn't feel heavy! beautiful glowy coverage - yes at first it does seem to sit on our skin but after around 5-10 minutes it melts into our skin and looks like a perfect second skin. Feels luxurious and never too thick- love it, and would definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 11:54:00 AM More reviews by sonia0807

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE this foundation. I have dry, dehydrated skin and foundations just don't sit well on my skin, or they wear off rapidly.
This foundation is just beautiful. I wear O20 for NC25ish skin. I was worried that it was too peachy, but it works just fine (i am very golden/yellow). At first I felt the wear was heavy, but after a 15-20 mins the foundation settles onto the skin and just looks glowy and beautiful. The only con to this foundation is that I never feel that it dries down. It always feels dewy, and for me it defeats the purpose to put powder since that makes me look dry again.
I have used the cream foundation as well which i love, and which works in the summer when i use a heavy moisturiser first, and it completely dries down and also looks perfect (but definitely be careful if you're dry).
I have tried almost every higher end foundation under the sun and this one is a true HG. I always fall back on it. Highly recommend. I hope it's not true about the formula changing...

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2014 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Parsol

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I do use the Silky Cream foundation in 110 but am one of the people who much preferred the version that came in a jar. However, due to my colouring, and despite trying every other possible foundation out there, I finally gave in and bought the I10 in its current formulation.

Note though that I need to use a lot more of it than I did the product in the jar.

However, imagine my horror to be told by 5 different reps at different stores in the U.S. last week that this foundation is going to be reformulated and that it was unknown at this time whether the new formulation would be similar to the previous version - or not. And whether it would come in I10. The stores were sold out in I10 (and in most shades) but one store managed to find 2 in another part of the state and had it sent overnight to NY so that I could buy it and add it to my supplies. I live in Canada - and did try and phone my Cle rep - but of course I reached the answering machine for the store and gave up. If I hadn't purchased the two tubes that were brought in someone else would have and I did not want to take the chance of running out.

I have since spoken with my Toronto beauty advisor who has not been made aware of any changes to the current formulation. The fluid foundation - definitely. However, when several different counter advisors in NY all told me the same story - about this foundation and other products, I felt I had better listen. My Toronto beauty advisor is now contacting her Cle rep. Murphy's Law being what it is, I might well prefer the newer version - but then maybe not. And I have found that many of Cle's products are being reformulated to be more suitable to a younger skin than mine - or at least to skins not as naturally dry as mine.

So those of you who have skin/colouring/acid issues and need this foundation, now might be the time to start a search.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2014 5:11:00 PM More reviews by vpivoine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Expensive, but worth every penny.

I'm a MAC C2 (slightly yellower than NC25) and I use BF20. O20 would also work but is a tad darker and is not as yellow, which provides a more natural look, but I do prefer the clean look with BF20. This foundation provides excellent coverage, a nice sheen finish but not oily, and lasts really well for me. My skin is on the drier side but can be slightly oily in the T zone.

In a word, I love this foundation except for the price tag. But I will repurchase anyway.

The other foundation I love is Tom Ford traceless foundation stick, which I have in Natural. These two are currently my HG.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by trishcat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this after hearing about how great it is. I'm super fair and I10 was the closest match, but it has too much yellow in it for me. It has decent coverage but I didn't see anything incredible-- not enough to warrant the $120 cost, anyway. I mainly need foundation to even out the redness in my face, and this formula didn't reduce redness much. Koh Gen Do foundations have worked well for me, have lighter shades and are half the price, so I'll likely stick with those. I think if you don't have redness and just need the skin tone evened, this will work for you... but not if you're super fair or dark.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 11:00:00 PM More reviews by hufs

This foundation is really awesome. I honestly hated the previous ones because the texture was too cakey. THIS ONE THEY SERIOUSLY IMPROVED ON ACHIEVING A NATURAL LOOK WHILE OFFERING MAXIMUM COVERAGE. I use i10
great color that is not too yellow or pink. i loved the color HD117 too. it is similar to that but just gives a prettier glow. i also mix it with strobe cream or la prairie skin caviar
This is the first time I am giving cle de peau foundation a thumbs up. But I still think they need a wider color selection.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2012 9:14:00 PM More reviews by 88angels

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The only reason I said that I would buy this product again is that I have a client who this works for and its the ONLY foundation I've found that works for her. She is fair skinned, red hair with pink undertones. Its beautiful on her. great coverage, luminescent, gorgeous on camera. 010 is a perfect color match.
BUT at $120 for a tiny tube its ridiculously expensive and even though the production pays for this foundation I don't like to be wasteful of our budget. if it were a miracle product then it would be worth it. right now its just the only thing i can find that "works" and it does look great... but with a $120 price point? I'm going to keep hunting!!!
btw if this foundation interests you i suggest asking for a sample at the counter and see how it wears for you before dropping the buck-twenty on it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2012 9:38:00 AM More reviews by jaz_go

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I am in love with this foundation and I am such a foundation junkie! It gives me the medium-high coverage that I need and lasts all day. My skin is in the drier side fyi. What I love most about this foundation is my shade match which is BF20. I'm not sure if this shade is only available for the Asian market as I bought this in Hong Kong. For reference, the last time I found a perfect shade match was 5 years ago with MAC's SFF NC20 (but I find this too dry for my current skin condition). I love this foundation so much that I also bought the Cream Compact Foundation in the same shade...for those days when I need to put on my makeup on the go.

I am a huge CDP fan and have been using their skincare line for close to 2 years now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2012 3:04:00 AM More reviews by doe_eyed_kitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Another star product :) good coverage and it's not cakey, comes in a tube and that's so much better than a pump cuz u can squeeze out every bit of product left. Love love looovvvee

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2012 10:36:00 AM More reviews by ElegantStyle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm impressed! This give you medium coverage and you can apply a small amount to get more of a sheer application. The quality and feel is superior. I got the lightest shade. I'm pale, but with my freckles, I have a warm undertone. I'm happy that my gel/cream blush blends well with this foundation and doesn't look plastic. I would repurchase.
Update: I don't use this daily and I find that it can change color because of my sun protection. It even balls up. I think you have to becareful what you can mix it with. UPDATE IN MAY 2013: I think I used up over half of the tube. Reading my above review, I remember that some sun protection is not formulated well. I found that Chanel SPF50 is a great base that does not ball up any cream or foundation. As for this foundation, if you apply very little on, it spreads on very well and has a lighter coverage and you can build up on it if you need more coverage. I find that being in my 40's, my skin changed and there is skin discolouration. My skin is sensitive and it is more red and dry. This foundation is perfect and I am very happy with it. I don't know if I will purchase again because I've heard that Chanel is coming out with CC cream and I want to give that one a try. If it doesn't work out for me, most likely, I will be coming back to Cle de Peau foundation.