Cle de Peau Teint Naturel Satine Silky Cream Foundation

4.5

on 3/1/2015 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

To be fair here, I'm only on my sample packet of color B20. It was given to me last weekend at the Neiman Marcus counter in Chicago when I purchased the mosted coveted concealer. I LOVE IT SO MUCH that I was going to purchase it today, but couldn't score a parking space on the street. Every time I circled the block, I would miss an open spot by seconds-erg!!! So maybe that's my sign to use the other packet all next week. Just to be sure. My skin tone comes to life. The texture of my skin is extra smooth especially on my nose. Sometimes products will produce excess oil on my nose and make it look like orange peel texture. That is not a pleasant sight in the middle of my day. It wears all day flawlessly, I'm not a "touch up" kind of lady. I apply my makeup in the early a.m. and move on with my day. No time for fussing over myself all day.

I will follow up next week with my final verdict!!

on 8/25/2014 1:52:00 AM

I do love this foundation, it feels silky, gives full coverage and the best thing is that it doesn't feel heavy! beautiful glowy coverage - yes at first it does seem to sit on our skin but after around 5-10 minutes it melts into our skin and looks like a perfect second skin. Feels luxurious and never too thick- love it, and would definitely repurchase!

on 7/25/2014 11:54:00 AM

LOVE this foundation. I have dry, dehydrated skin and foundations just don't sit well on my skin, or they wear off rapidly.
This foundation is just beautiful. I wear O20 for NC25ish skin. I was worried that it was too peachy, but it works just fine (i am very golden/yellow). At first I felt the wear was heavy, but after a 15-20 mins the foundation settles onto the skin and just looks glowy and beautiful. The only con to this foundation is that I never feel that it dries down. It always feels dewy, and for me it defeats the purpose to put powder since that makes me look dry again.
I have used the cream foundation as well which i love, and which works in the summer when i use a heavy moisturiser first, and it completely dries down and also looks perfect (but definitely be careful if you're dry).
I have tried almost every higher end foundation under the sun and this one is a true HG. I always fall back on it. Highly recommend. I hope it's not true about the formula changing...

on 6/23/2014 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Coarse

I do use the Silky Cream foundation in 110 but am one of the people who much preferred the version that came in a jar. However, due to my colouring, and despite trying every other possible foundation out there, I finally gave in and bought the I10 in its current formulation.

Note though that I need to use a lot more of it than I did the product in the jar.

However, imagine my horror to be told by 5 different reps at different stores in the U.S. last week that this foundation is going to be reformulated and that it was unknown at this time whether the new formulation would be similar to the previous version - or not. And whether it would come in I10. The stores were sold out in I10 (and in most shades) but one store managed to find 2 in another part of the state and had it sent overnight to NY so that I could buy it and add it to my supplies. I live in Canada - and did try and phone my Cle rep - but of course I reached the answering machine for the store and gave up. If I hadn't purchased the two tubes that were brought in someone else would have and I did not want to take the chance of running out.

I have since spoken with my Toronto beauty advisor who has not been made aware of any changes to the current formulation. The fluid foundation - definitely. However, when several different counter advisors in NY all told me the same story - about this foundation and other products, I felt I had better listen. My Toronto beauty advisor is now contacting her Cle rep. Murphy's Law being what it is, I might well prefer the newer version - but then maybe not. And I have found that many of Cle's products are being reformulated to be more suitable to a younger skin than mine - or at least to skins not as naturally dry as mine.

So those of you who have skin/colouring/acid issues and need this foundation, now might be the time to start a search.

on 4/8/2014 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Expensive, but worth every penny.

I'm a MAC C2 (slightly yellower than NC25) and I use BF20. O20 would also work but is a tad darker and is not as yellow, which provides a more natural look, but I do prefer the clean look with BF20. This foundation provides excellent coverage, a nice sheen finish but not oily, and lasts really well for me. My skin is on the drier side but can be slightly oily in the T zone.

In a word, I love this foundation except for the price tag. But I will repurchase anyway.

The other foundation I love is Tom Ford traceless foundation stick, which I have in Natural. These two are currently my HG.

on 4/3/2013 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I wanted to love this after hearing about how great it is. I'm super fair and I10 was the closest match, but it has too much yellow in it for me. It has decent coverage but I didn't see anything incredible-- not enough to warrant the $120 cost, anyway. I mainly need foundation to even out the redness in my face, and this formula didn't reduce redness much. Koh Gen Do foundations have worked well for me, have lighter shades and are half the price, so I'll likely stick with those. I think if you don't have redness and just need the skin tone evened, this will work for you... but not if you're super fair or dark.

on 1/20/2013 11:00:00 PM

This foundation is really awesome. I honestly hated the previous ones because the texture was too cakey. THIS ONE THEY SERIOUSLY IMPROVED ON ACHIEVING A NATURAL LOOK WHILE OFFERING MAXIMUM COVERAGE. I use i10
great color that is not too yellow or pink. i loved the color HD117 too. it is similar to that but just gives a prettier glow. i also mix it with strobe cream or la prairie skin caviar
This is the first time I am giving cle de peau foundation a thumbs up. But I still think they need a wider color selection.

on 11/3/2012 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

The only reason I said that I would buy this product again is that I have a client who this works for and its the ONLY foundation I've found that works for her. She is fair skinned, red hair with pink undertones. Its beautiful on her. great coverage, luminescent, gorgeous on camera. 010 is a perfect color match.
BUT at $120 for a tiny tube its ridiculously expensive and even though the production pays for this foundation I don't like to be wasteful of our budget. if it were a miracle product then it would be worth it. right now its just the only thing i can find that "works" and it does look great... but with a $120 price point? I'm going to keep hunting!!!
btw if this foundation interests you i suggest asking for a sample at the counter and see how it wears for you before dropping the buck-twenty on it.

on 7/31/2012 9:38:00 AM

I am in love with this foundation and I am such a foundation junkie! It gives me the medium-high coverage that I need and lasts all day. My skin is in the drier side fyi. What I love most about this foundation is my shade match which is BF20. I'm not sure if this shade is only available for the Asian market as I bought this in Hong Kong. For reference, the last time I found a perfect shade match was 5 years ago with MAC's SFF NC20 (but I find this too dry for my current skin condition). I love this foundation so much that I also bought the Cream Compact Foundation in the same shade...for those days when I need to put on my makeup on the go.

I am a huge CDP fan and have been using their skincare line for close to 2 years now.

Another star product :) good coverage and it's not cakey, comes in a tube and that's so much better than a pump cuz u can squeeze out every bit of product left. Love love looovvvee

Popular Crème Foundations