April 18, 2014 | 1940 users online

Crème - Cle de Peau - Teint Naturel Satine Silky Cream Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2014 5:11:00 PM More reviews by vpivoine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Expensive, but worth every penny.

I'm a MAC C2 (slightly yellower than NC25) and I use BF20. O20 would also work but is a tad darker and is not as yellow, which provides a more natural look, but I do prefer the clean look with BF20. This foundation provides excellent coverage, a nice sheen finish but not oily, and lasts really well for me. My skin is on the drier side but can be slightly oily in the T zone.

In a word, I love this foundation except for the price tag. But I will repurchase anyway.

The other foundation I love is Tom Ford traceless foundation stick, which I have in Natural. These two are currently my HG.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by trishcat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this after hearing about how great it is. I'm super fair and I10 was the closest match, but it has too much yellow in it for me. It has decent coverage but I didn't see anything incredible-- not enough to warrant the $120 cost, anyway. I mainly need foundation to even out the redness in my face, and this formula didn't reduce redness much. Koh Gen Do foundations have worked well for me, have lighter shades and are half the price, so I'll likely stick with those. I think if you don't have redness and just need the skin tone evened, this will work for you... but not if you're super fair or dark.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 11:00:00 PM More reviews by hufs

This foundation is really awesome. I honestly hated the previous ones because the texture was too cakey. THIS ONE THEY SERIOUSLY IMPROVED ON ACHIEVING A NATURAL LOOK WHILE OFFERING MAXIMUM COVERAGE. I use i10
great color that is not too yellow or pink. i loved the color HD117 too. it is similar to that but just gives a prettier glow. i also mix it with strobe cream or la prairie skin caviar
This is the first time I am giving cle de peau foundation a thumbs up. But I still think they need a wider color selection.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2012 9:14:00 PM More reviews by 88angels

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The only reason I said that I would buy this product again is that I have a client who this works for and its the ONLY foundation I've found that works for her. She is fair skinned, red hair with pink undertones. Its beautiful on her. great coverage, luminescent, gorgeous on camera. 010 is a perfect color match.
BUT at $120 for a tiny tube its ridiculously expensive and even though the production pays for this foundation I don't like to be wasteful of our budget. if it were a miracle product then it would be worth it. right now its just the only thing i can find that "works" and it does look great... but with a $120 price point? I'm going to keep hunting!!!
btw if this foundation interests you i suggest asking for a sample at the counter and see how it wears for you before dropping the buck-twenty on it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2012 9:38:00 AM More reviews by jaz_go

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I am in love with this foundation and I am such a foundation junkie! It gives me the medium-high coverage that I need and lasts all day. My skin is in the drier side fyi. What I love most about this foundation is my shade match which is BF20. I'm not sure if this shade is only available for the Asian market as I bought this in Hong Kong. For reference, the last time I found a perfect shade match was 5 years ago with MAC's SFF NC20 (but I find this too dry for my current skin condition). I love this foundation so much that I also bought the Cream Compact Foundation in the same shade...for those days when I need to put on my makeup on the go.

I am a huge CDP fan and have been using their skincare line for close to 2 years now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2012 3:04:00 AM More reviews by doe_eyed_kitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Another star product :) good coverage and it's not cakey, comes in a tube and that's so much better than a pump cuz u can squeeze out every bit of product left. Love love looovvvee

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2012 10:36:00 AM More reviews by ElegantStyle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm impressed! This give you medium coverage and you can apply a small amount to get more of a sheer application. The quality and feel is superior. I got the lightest shade. I'm pale, but with my freckles, I have a warm undertone. I'm happy that my gel/cream blush blends well with this foundation and doesn't look plastic. I would repurchase.
Update: I don't use this daily and I find that it can change color because of my sun protection. It even balls up. I think you have to becareful what you can mix it with. UPDATE IN MAY 2013: I think I used up over half of the tube. Reading my above review, I remember that some sun protection is not formulated well. I found that Chanel SPF50 is a great base that does not ball up any cream or foundation. As for this foundation, if you apply very little on, it spreads on very well and has a lighter coverage and you can build up on it if you need more coverage. I find that being in my 40's, my skin changed and there is skin discolouration. My skin is sensitive and it is more red and dry. This foundation is perfect and I am very happy with it. I don't know if I will purchase again because I've heard that Chanel is coming out with CC cream and I want to give that one a try. If it doesn't work out for me, most likely, I will be coming back to Cle de Peau foundation.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2011 1:04:00 PM More reviews by TacoFlavoredKisses

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have rated this a "3" only because of the poor range of colour. The formula is beautiful. This is the more hydrating, silkier version of the two that they have in the tube- Cream foundation. I am pretty pale- not the palest in the world, but fair, and their lightest color (I10) is just not light enough for me :( If it were summertime, and I had some colour on my skin, it might work then, but for my natural skin color, this would be a little too dark for me. Sadly. I love the concealer and have used their concealer for years, and love it- and its definitely light enough... I just don't get it. Guerlain Lingerie de Peau's lightest shade wasn't light enough for me, either. It really bums me out, because these are the foundations I've heard such great things about, and yet, there isn't even a shade light enough for me! And believe me, there are plenty of women with lighter skin than mine. HUGE Bummer- I like the feel of it on my skin- it feels cool and light, silky and dewy all at once (which would be great for someone with dry skin like myself). WHY oh WHY is it so difficult to find a nice foundation that is light enough for some of us white girls?! It does feel absolutely beautiful on the skin. I'm going to stop- I'm making myself more and more upset :(

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2011 1:00:00 PM More reviews by bubblysteph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is NOT to be mistaken with the previous formulation in a tub. This version comes in a tube that is released during fall 2011 here in Asia.

Fyi, I'm using this in I10, which is neutral imho. This is also the palest shade the foundation comes in. B10 is pink based and O10 is darker than I10 for sure. Also, I find O10 peachy. I have normal to dry skin. According to the SA, this one is better for drier skin, while "Cream Foundation" is better for oilier skin, which gives a more matte finish. That foundation also comes in the same tube as this one - just one word missing. You may want to be more careful when you're buying them too.

This is my very first cream foundation in fact as I always picture cream ones will sit on face looking pasty for me, or very difficult to blend in well... However, this cream foundation is on the emollient side and blends in super easily with my bare fingers. I don't even need to do buffing over 95% of the time. It isn't heavy or masky at all.

Not only it blends well, it gives me the exact finish I want. I like the bare skin finish, which is somewhere between satin and dewy. This is not quite bare skin finish like as Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua - this is probably a tiny bit more dewy. It claims for "lustrous, dewy finish" on their website, as well as "a natural radiance that seems to come from within", which I believe the later statement is more accurate. This doesn't not any visible shimmer at all, unlike the Refining Fluid Foundation from the same brand. If you want a real dewy finish, you should go for Refining Fluid Foundation though the coverage is not as buildable as this one. It is still buildable, but I think at most up to medium only.

Anyway, coverage for this cream foundation is very buildable, as it can go from sheer to almost full for me. I think it is the best to apply this sheer first and then dot a bit more on areas that need more coverage. Try this esp. if you cannot get the perfect shade match with Cle de Peau. I don't think this can go full for me as I have some really stubborn freckles and sun spots - I haven't tried anyway as I sort of give up on them. Plus, I'd rather deal with them with my concealer, lol.

As for longevity, I'd say almost perfect for me. It won't disintegrate on my skin even after 8 hours. After 12 hours, my face still won't look patchy though a touch-up is definitely needed at this time. My face becomes more dewy looking, instead of shiny, after 8 hours - not sure if this is because my skin is on the dry side and the humidity is low now. I find this foundation moisturizing too as my face won't be uncomfortable at all with those odd pulling sensation with this foundation on after a while day, even powdered.

This foundation transfers a tiny bit - really minimal when powdered. I have not tried to wear this without powder as I'm always worried that this will shift on my face, lol. Anyway, if you don't rub your face intentionally, it will be fine. At most I can see some tint of foundation on my tissue paper when I sneeze.

Nothing fancy about the packaging, but I do like the foundation coming in a tube that you can easily squeeze out the amount you want. Plus, this is travel friendly too.

Definitely get a sample before purchasing if you live in somewhere that cannot return anything opened like me. This costed me HK$980, for 25ml. I foresee it will last me a long time as a pea size is what I need most of the time, unless I really want to achieve a fuller coverage. Plus, I am not sure if I will use this during the hot and humid summer.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No