August 27, 2014 | 947 users online

Palettes - NYX - Butt Naked Eyes

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2014 11:53:00 AM More reviews by Dq287

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a hit or miss product for me. I was SO excited to get it from hautelook because at that time, I had not tried anything from NYX. I think this palette would be great for beginners because it includes so much, for a great price. You get 15 eye shadows, 4 blushes, a bronzer, and 2 highlight shades. The quality of the shadows themselves are okay. Some of them can be e a little bit powdery, but they are easy to work with and blend. The pigmentation is also pretty good, but not on par with higher end palettes. I enjoy having this palette in my collection because I like the shade range it offers, but it is definitely not one of my favourites, or the best quality I own. The blushes are highly pigmented, as well as the bronzer so that is a plus!

Here is a video showing me using this palette in a "get ready with me" type of video, hope you enjoy!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2014 9:00:00 PM More reviews by strawbetty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This used to be my Holy Grail product before I moved onto the infamous Urban Decay Naked palettes that this NYX kit is mimicking. I'm normally a big fan of NYX products but my love of this has faded to indifference the more I compare it to something like Naked 2.

The eyeshadows: The pigmentation varies really. Even with good quality brushes I find quite a lot of the shadows hard to apply. I think this is the same with a lot of NYX palettes, but I would wholly recommend their singular eyeshadows which are super good quality, smooth and often very pigmented (again, depends on the shadow). Generally speaking, I only really use the darker colours for filling in my eyebrows as it saves on the need to buy a new palette for that. I would actually recommend the palette for eyebrows rather than for eyelids - I have the perfect match for my eyebrows in the darkest brown of the Butt Naked palette! Good selection of shimmers/mattes.

The blushes/bronzer/highlighters: Unlike the eyeshadows, the lower shelf actually seems a lot higher quality. I use the dark rose for my everyday blush mixed in with the sparkling bronze highlight.

Packaging: I really like the packaging with the mirror and two shelves, very convenient for quick makeup touches. Unfortunately, my palette did not survive for long and now I have three separate parts! It ain't the toughest packaging out there but it was cute while it lasted.

Price: Got Butt Naked for $24.99 at Ulta - not bad for 15 eyeshadows, 4 blushes, a highlighter, and two bronzers (one matte and one shimmery highlighter hybrid) from the reputable NYX!

Overall: Butt Naked is a good basic palette for someone who doesn't want to shell out for the Urban Decay model as it still has a good selection of mattes/shimmers and is pretty versatile. The eyeshadows just aren't as good quality as I was expecting from my favourite brand!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2014 10:25:00 PM More reviews by sierraashby

Overall I really like this palette <3. I would give this palette an extra star if the shadows weren't so breakable. I am careful with my makeup, always. And the box it comes in as well as a few shadows broke pretty easily :( They aren't long-lasting at all, either. Oh well though... For the price this is great, and the colors are BEYOND amazing. I love the greys, browns, taupes that are included. PLUS all the highlighters and blushes are really pretty. I approve :) This is a palette you can really have a lot of fun with. Blends easy. So beautiful. Thanks NYX. <3

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2013 8:59:00 AM More reviews by conigljt

I was excited to try this product because the the shades are so pretty. Unfortunately, they are not near pigmented enough and barely show up. I usually love NYX products but I had to return this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by Margeilles

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Everyone raves over how well NYX products are, I feel this one fell short. It's not highly pigmented. I have other products by NYX that are great but this one just disappointed me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2013 5:03:00 PM More reviews by jkpetite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I just purchased this palette and OMG - how am I just discovering this????? I am a HUGE fan of NYX products, so I was really excited to get my hands on this. I absolutely love that NYX makes high quality products for such an affordable price. I mean, $25 for 15 eyeshadows, 14 blushes, 2 illuminators, and a bronzer? That's less than e.l.f, and the quality is so much better.

I used this for the first time today with UDPP and NYX eyeshadow base underneath and I can say the shadows lasted all day, no creasing, no fading. The shadows are pigmented but go on rather light, so you will need to build up the color if you're looking for dramatics. That said, if you're like me and you prefer a more natural, softer look, this palette is perfect. I love NYX blushes, so naturally, the ones in the palette are pretty awesome and are long wearing. No complaints.

I see comparisons between this palette & UD Naked and I'm not sure why - there is no comparison, in my opinion. They are very different. Yes, they are both "naked" but UD is, well UD and NYX is NYX. Not to mention, the shade selection is different between the two. I love them both - I also know they both serve their own purpose.

Overall, so far, I'm very pleased with this palette. Love the packaging, love everything about it. I am getting one as a bday gift for my bestie as she loves makeup and like me, has fallen in love with NYX.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by jonimingus22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this palette! I bought it right before I bought the Naked palette. I dont think they are in any way similar, except being neutral shades. None of the actual shades themselves are similar. However I love the entire thing! I use all the shades, some for my brows, some for smoky looks, some for basic looks. And the blushes are beautiful, wearable colors. The bronzer is great for light/fair skinned girls, but that's just my opinion and complexion.
It's really great for the price as well. My own downfall is the 2 highlighters, they are pretty, but I don't ever use them because I think they have too much glitter/shimmer.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 7:23:00 PM More reviews by LauraKravec

I think this palette is different than most nude eyeshadow palettes for two reasons: 1) it has a lot of mid-tone cool matte blending shades and 2) it comes with the 4 blushes, bronzer, and 2 highlighters.

Most eyeshadow palettes are hard to work with because they don't have any neutral, grey, brown, or taupe blending shades. This has a bunch, which I think is really useful. It also has mostly cool shades, which is very rare in a nude palette. It also has some pretty and unique shimmery shades, 3 nice highlight shades (white, cream, and very light pink), and a number of dark shades. The darkest shades aren't super pigmented, which I actually like because I find them easier to blend.

All 4 blushes are very pretty. The highlighters are fairly glittery which isn't my favorite for a daytime look, but definitely useful for a more dramatic look. The bronzer is a little too light and orange on me, but it probably works on warmer skin tones.

Overall, I think this palette is absolutely perfect for travel. The only thing that bothers me occasionally is that the tray on the bottom with the blushes can be hard to slide in and out.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2013 1:55:00 PM More reviews by butny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just looove this palette!! i think i love it the same as my naked 2... what i love about this is the matte shades, they are not just your usual warm browns but there are grayish browns in different tones... i love them!! i always use the mirror to do my daily makeup since its huge!!! i love the two last blushes, a very warm and a very cold pink each. I already hit pan on the bronzer because its just the most wonderfull tan matte color. i think this is a great palette, either you're a begginer or a makeup addict like my self.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by VeruskaRai

Great one stop shop palette. Highly recommend, and low price makes it even better. Good for a neutral girls like me. Perfect for travel since it comes with four blushes, two highlighters, and a bronzer. Highlighter were a bit too glittery for me, but I'm not taking a point off for that, I'm taking one off because some of the eyeshadows look very similar.