December 20, 2014 | 1453 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Winterized mineralize eyeshadow

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2014 12:24:00 AM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

It took me a few uses to really appreciate this eyeshadow, but once I figured out how to use it, it proved itself to be a wonderful eyecolor.
This is my first MAC eyeshadow, so this counted as my first impression of MAC eyeshadows as a whole. I saw Winterized at a Cosmetics Company Store, and I am automatically drawn to anything marbleized; so, it was destiny that I had to buy this eyecolor. Even at the CCS, I wasn't excited to pay the amount that was charged for a single eyeshadow, so my expectations of this product were raised.
At first, I wasn't too happy with my swatch. It is a baked eyeshadow, so, upon my first swatch, the color payoff was disappointing. However, once I put it to use as a crease shade, I was very pleasantly surprised. The color medley created a lovely medium-deep shade of cool violet, which goes extremely well with a lavender or a silver lid shade- and the pigmentation is excellent when used with primer. When used dry, it creates a more matte, slightly satin finish; when used wet, which can be done if you want a stunning one-color eye look, it also exudes a reflective shine. It's extremely flattering and looks stunning.
As for texture, it's slightly crumbly when you pick it up with a brush, and you do get some initial fallout. However, there is no fallout in the long run. It's very blendable and cooperates well with other eyeshadows, even when wet. The color is very buildable, and if you do decide to build it up, you can bring out some of the light highlight shades, which also look amazing.
Its longevity is formidable; I've had no creasing, fading, or fallout issues when used with a primer. It looks just as great as when I had first applied it.
I appreciate the amount of shadow I got for the price; I'm not familiar with MAC's rationing of their regular line eyeshadows, but there is a lot in the container and it will last me a long time. Also, I appreciate the white-colored container very much; it brings out the colors. Overall, I love this eyeshadow. It's very unique and it's been a very positive introduction for me into the world of MAC eyeshadows. Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2012 6:02:00 PM More reviews by andycobbdds

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this shadow.. It is just the perfect purpish-teal-taupe....It can be so many colours with what you put it with.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2011 1:34:00 PM More reviews by jewels64

MAC describes Winterized as a "Dirty purple with silver, indigo, and pink melange" which is pretty accurate. This was part of the Glitter & Ice collection. Winterized is pigmented enough to wear dry, but it is more intense and shimmery/frosty when applied wet. Based on the way the veining is in the one I got, and where I dip my brush, I can get either a greyish-purple color or a plummy-brown color - both very pretty. This also looks gorgeous over Let's Skate and Morning Frost paint pots from the same collection.

This is the first MAC mineralize eyeshadow I have purchased since Ether (which I also love) from the 2007 Flashtronic collection. I've steered away from mineralize shadows because while they are pretty to look at, a lot have lacked in pigmentation and had poor payoff. I also didn't think they were worth the price, and none really stood out to me. But based on pictures of Winterized on blogs, I decided to order it online and I've been very pleased with it. If I come across these mineralize eyeshadows in person, I might even pick up a couple more from this collection.