September 3, 2014 | 1466 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Winterized mineralize eyeshadow

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2012 6:02:00 PM More reviews by andycobbdds

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this shadow.. It is just the perfect purpish-teal-taupe....It can be so many colours with what you put it with.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2011 1:34:00 PM More reviews by jewels64

MAC describes Winterized as a "Dirty purple with silver, indigo, and pink melange" which is pretty accurate. This was part of the Glitter & Ice collection. Winterized is pigmented enough to wear dry, but it is more intense and shimmery/frosty when applied wet. Based on the way the veining is in the one I got, and where I dip my brush, I can get either a greyish-purple color or a plummy-brown color - both very pretty. This also looks gorgeous over Let's Skate and Morning Frost paint pots from the same collection.

This is the first MAC mineralize eyeshadow I have purchased since Ether (which I also love) from the 2007 Flashtronic collection. I've steered away from mineralize shadows because while they are pretty to look at, a lot have lacked in pigmentation and had poor payoff. I also didn't think they were worth the price, and none really stood out to me. But based on pictures of Winterized on blogs, I decided to order it online and I've been very pleased with it. If I come across these mineralize eyeshadows in person, I might even pick up a couple more from this collection.