November 23, 2014 | 961 users online

Palettes - TheBalm - Nude 'tude Eyeshadow Palette

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2014 6:23:00 PM More reviews by shoppingproblem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really like the darker shades. The lighter frosty shades are too light for my skin tone. schitzo is my favorite, i find that it looks very flattering. i guess i dont use half of this palette :/ But still anytime i want to apply eyeshadow i use this. The shimmery ones doesnt look tacky or the mattes doesnt look chalky at all. A wide range of looks can be done by using only this palette. Very pigmented shadows, easily can be used as a liner. The only shade missing is matte naked tone like wetnwild brulee.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2014 10:12:00 PM More reviews by pinkpeppered

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Favorite palette of all time!

I prefer it over ALL the other palettes in my collection (which includes all 3 UD Naked palettes, Laura Mercier's artist palette, Vasanti's manhattan and the hamptons, and Clinique's jenna's essentials).

I just love the extremely versatile and wearable yet slightly unusual combination of shades in this palette. It's a little warm, but it's also a little cool. It has silver and champagne pink and burgundy - beautiful neutrals that are far from simply being monochromatic variations on a theme. There are no duds in this palette. Each color is outstanding and there is tremendous variety. The textures are on par with Urban Decay - in short, some of the best I've seen from any brand. The packaging is utterly adorable. The price is fair and even affordable compared to a lot of the stuff out there. I'm very picky but I can't say anything bad about this. I would repurchase forever and ever and ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2014 12:31:00 PM More reviews by mariaraja

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very pigmented and long lasting

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2014 1:03:00 AM More reviews by miafrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This has to be my favorite eye shadow palette around. Every single shade is very flattering, wearable, and pigmented. The quality and texture is top notch and no shades fall flat. The packaging is fabulous with all the pin up girls in a light weight magnetic pallet with a large good quality mirror inside. It also comes with a nice liner/smudge brush but I usually forget to use it. The balm cosmetics are cruelty free.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2014 7:52:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've only used a few of the lighter colors but I swatched them all. I LOVE this palette! All the colors suit me well and no reaction so far. I wish I had gotten this sooner, I think this will become my go-to palette.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2014 10:18:00 PM More reviews by Cammmi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a nice platte. QUick affordable for the quality and the color selection. Some amazing colors, like Selfish, Sophisticated, Stand-offish and Seductive. The eyeshadows do fallout...and it annoys me a little. I use it a lot this last months but I am back on my MAC eyeshadows now..

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2014 9:48:00 PM More reviews by Isaberura

it's easy to work with, good pigmentation, although not as good as the UD's naked series. But I really love how it's so easy to apply. really good color combo.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2014 6:32:00 PM More reviews by fychen

I got this palette when Hautlook was having a sale. It's definitely the best time to buy it. I love all the colors and they are very wearable. You can wear it to school or work and do a smoky eye for going out. Colors are pigmented and are long lasting! These neutral colors are awesome with both matte and shimmery colors. I know there are so many nude color palettes out there. But you can't beat this one with the price and quality. The packaging is super cute and I love how thin it is - perfect for traveling!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2014 11:59:00 AM More reviews by Dq287

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this palette! The shades are highly pigmented, and the shadows are smooth and blend well! I would say the quality of this is about the same as urban decay. The darker shades are VERY pigmented, and a little bit goes a long way. The only complaint I have is that they are all shimmer/satin finish so there is not a lot of variety in that sense in the palette. However, it is still versatile and can be used for day/night looks.

Here is a tutorial I uploaded on youtube when I first started making videos, so you can see these shadows in action!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2014 2:38:00 PM More reviews by kissjacksparrow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ok, add me to the camp that is a slave to the neutral eye shadow palette craze. I have several. Ok, I have a lot. And I have become quite picky. I have several but I have yet to find that one PERFECT, do-it-all neutral eye palette, and this is far from that, but that being said I really do enjoy it, use it often, and feel it was a good investment. My sister is actually the first one to turn me on the theBlam and I have liked pretty much everything I have tried from them.

First of all the price point, even at full retail is very reasonable. While I do like my UD Naked palettes, I just get pissed when I think of what they cost. Being that none of them are that perfect, all-in-one palette it just makes me upset! You can get this pretty cheap though, I see them on ebay and amazon and I got mine on haute look for about half that. In fact, I just refuse to pay full price for anything by theBalm; just hold out of a sale/huatlook/Marshall's deal.

First, the pakaging. Keeping true to the brands style, it's cute, a bit vintage-inspired and a bit naughty. It's just stinking cute. It has a nice mirror and a useable brush. I can say that it travels very well because I have traveled with it many times. Its been all over Europe for several months with me , and I constantly throw it in my makeup bag for frequent sleep overs I have at my boyfriends place. It's definitely scuffed up and a bit dirty at this point bur for cardboard it is very sturdy and the design still nicely in tact! I am impressed by that!

Now, for the actual shadows. I would say this would be ideal for ladies with cooler tones and fair skin. I tend to lean towards warmer colors, but I still get good use out of this. (I am about NC20, olive/yellow undertones, hazel/green eyes) It has a great selection, varying from light to dark, a verity of finishes and you can easily achieve everything from barely there makeup to very dramatic. However, if I were to redesign the palette there's a few I would gladly replace for others. The lightest shades.. well. they kinda are useless to me. however, I love using the very dark shades as liners and I love that its not just a black (serious) option for the dark, and it had that perfect medium matte brown shade that I feel is mandatory for any good neutral palette (sultry). The other mandatory thing for me, that this palette is lacking, is good highlight shades. A perfect palette would have a matte/flesh toned and a shimmer highlight. Sassy, this white shimmer just isn't flattering on me (too stark), and snobby is pretty useless as well. those would be the two I'd replace. I always carry Wet in Wild Brule with me to act as my matte highlight.. sometimes i think I should just scrape out the crappy light shades and fill the pans with something I like better, but I just cant bring myself to violate the palette that way! The one color I just cant get enough of is stand-offish! OMG this color is amazing and I am scared that I have already hit pan on it! It is a stunning shimmer peach/rose-gold. I feel like I just cant live without it and I might even pay $20 for this color alone! I hardly ever use up anything, being that Im always switching up products but I'm already about to hit pan on this one and, honesty, it upsets me!

In general I think the colors are very neat and if you are in the market for a neutral palette this is something worth considering. It is more useful to me then UD Naked, but so far the closet to the perfect neutral palette is Sleek Au Natural (although I think TF chocolate bar may be the one I have been dreaming of, waiting for it to come in the mail...)

here is a little more info about each color, if you are interested:

+Sassy: cool tones shimmery stark white. I don't find it flattering on my skintone (NC20)

+Snobby: Sheer,shimmery peachy gold. nice for lid or if used lightly for high light. I use it in the inner corner and lower lash-line

+Stubborn: satin finish neutral-rose. Nice for the lid or to blend out the crease, but again a bit to cool toned for me.

+Stand-offish: My favorite color! A shimmery peach shade! Perfect for the lid, packed on or as a sheer wash, can be used as a highlight if used lightly. Very versatile and so pretty! really brings out my hazel/green eyes

+Selfish: shimmery taupe with a bit of gold to it. Very nice as for a one-color eye look or on the lid

+Sultry: my 2nd favorite, but probably most use, It's jsut that perfect matte medium brown for the crease. very nice for blending out darker looks and smoking out the bottom last line. A must have for these kinds of palettes, in my opinion

+sophisticated: dark cool toned brown with gold flecks to give it some richness. nice as a liner for softer looks or to deepen the outter V or crease for darker or more dramatic looks.

+seductive: medium brown that translates into a dark-gold on my skin. almost Identical to UD smog from Naked. Very nice in the crease or on the lid.

+Sexy: Dark burgandy/wine color. A total stand out shade in the palette. Cant say I have anything else like it! It is a bit intimidating when you see it in the pan, but I dare you to try it in the crease/outter-v for a real sultry look! Beautiful as a liner, that's how I use it the most. It is not too red so it doesnt make me look tired, it is just enough to really bring out the green in my eyes. LOVE!

+Silly: dark brown with golden micro glitter. Looks pretty in the pan, but doesnt thrill me when swatched. Nice option for liner or deepening, but honestly I hardly touch it.

+Serious: looks like a deep jet black, but swatches a but more on the grey side. I use it wet to get a jet black liner look using the brush provided. Very smooth and easy to blend. A nice basic must have

+Sleek: A very dark truly matte brown that almost looks black! another great liner option. Perfect for smokey eyes!