April 24, 2014 | 1880 users online

Palettes - TheBalm - Nude 'tude

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2014 4:03:00 AM More reviews by heatherbelleday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

First off, I love the packaging of this. It just makes me happy to use it! I don't carry eyeshadow around with me during the day so I can't comment on its portability. I find the staying power excellent although I always use a primer and haven't even tried it without. I do get a fair bit of fallout which can be annoying with the darker colours in particular. I really wish that there were a couple of light matte shades - the white colour is no use to me, it's too stark to use as a highlight I think. I don't use the sheer gold shade that often although it is pretty. If the frosty white was replaced with a pale creamy matte colour that would be perfect. I love the two pale champagne/pink colours (Stubborn and Stand-offish I think) and wear them almost everyday. All the other colours are very nice although really I would be happy to have a palette just with the two champagne shades and the mid-toned colours. I don't use the dark colours much. I very much like the matte mid-brown (Sultry) and the frosty taupe (Selfish). I don't think I'll repurchase it though. It's fun and pretty useful but not indispensable. I do generally find TheBalm products good value for money and this is no exception.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2014 11:23:00 AM More reviews by Tabatta

I never wanted to buy one of the Naked palette because I think that they are overrated, expensive, plus they don't have enough matte eyeshadows for my liking. However, I wanted a nude palette, and I found this one very pretty.

About the quality of the eyeshadows, they are very pigmented (I mean, HUGELY ! In particular, keep a light hand if you use the darkest ones, like 'sleek'), creamy, and they stay on for a long time. I really like the names on it. It has a white and a black : I think it's a big plus.
The packaging is very thin, fun (I have the "naughty" version), and it has a big mirror inside that is very convenient for travelling.
Overall, I really like it. The only think I regret is that it doesn't have a matte beige/peach.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2014 9:11:00 PM More reviews by anastacy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like the rest of pple here on Makeup Alley, I've fallen victim to the nude palette trend. I have the original Naked palette by UD and now this. This palette by TheBalm was a response to the UD Naked but it fell short in so many regards.

I was unsure when I ordered the Naked palette but when I got it I was blown out of the water. I'm still waiting on my "Ahhh" moment.

The shades in Nude 'tude are extremely basic. None of the shades are outstanding or have a wow factor. In the Naked palette there are stunners such as "Half Baked", "Smog", "Toasted", "Sidecar" and "Hustle".

There are more matte shades in this palette compared to the Naked. I do admit that the matte shades are more buttery than UD's but all the e/s in Nude 'tude are powdery. Don't get me wrong, the e/s are extremely pigmented but so soft that the powder gets everywhere when I dip my brush. I've also experienced some fading with this. Additionally, the e/s in Nude 'tude is significantly smaller than those in the Naked palette.

The shades in Nude 'tude are both warm and cool but they don't work well together. I tried to put a look using this palette alone and it was impossible. The packaging is also cumbersome. In the Naked palette the options/combos are limitless.

This palette from The Balm introduced me to the brand so Iím new to it. I have 10+ UD palettes so I know the brand well. I am honest when I say that I wanted to love the Nude Ďtude and I gave it a fair shot. But Iíve had my Naked for years and when Iím doubt about an eye look or in a hurry I grab it knowing I would get the job done. I do my makeup at work and I try to take different palettes with me and itís a real hard effort to take something else. I use it almost everyday even on my wedding day.

Sad to say that the Nude Ďtude palette is just a palette with a bunch of various brown shades thrown together. Iím glad to have paid 50% off the original price because itís worth less than the price paidÖSorry!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2014 2:17:00 PM More reviews by liorak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I do not find it to be anything special, for an everyday nude palette I don't think it has every color you'd use for every day looks for day and night time. Like there are 2 light golden shades. In the palette the pink with gold flecks is actually just golden on the eyes... I think instead of the other light gold they should put a copper color. And there are a lot of darker browns, there isn't a lighter neutral greyish brown for a day look. I found the lighter brown to overpower my look. However I do find the pigmentation to be amazing. Really like most of the colors. However I just feel like it could be improved! Price is not bad when you look at other palettes similar to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 4:16:00 PM More reviews by brunosbabysquirrel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is amazing!! You can create so many different looks with just one palette; this is what I take with me while traveling. It's super pigmented and totally worth the price. LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2014 12:50:00 AM More reviews by makeupjie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The color selection is very gd! You got few mat shades, few satin shades, few highly shimmery shades! The color payoff is awesome! Can go either natural or smokey depend on what you want! The only downside of this product is the amount of eyeshadows contained compared to their the Balm palette, Balm voyage and Meet matte nude!
But overall still very good product!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 12:11:00 PM More reviews by siruhi

Better than Urban decay eyeshadows.I think that's well done.Pigmented colors,nice color choises,I like very much the matte shades too.And the black in this palette is good quality.I haven't yet tried these shadows wet,but I definitely have to ! My best palette and the blendability is awesome,just awesome.They don't blend away like some eyeshadows,just blend well.I like to watch youtube videos with this palette,to see other peoples looks on it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2014 4:31:00 PM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a fun palette .... I like the eyeshadow selections which help me create so many different looks and the quality is excellent ..... I am picky when choosing palettes in that many are too frosty, glittery, etc. however the Nude Tude is a great choice (my coloring is NW10, blonde hair and brown eyes and this palette works well with my cool coloring.) The only issue I have with this palette, is that I wish that the amount of each eyeshadow was larger as I find the amount small, however, the price is perfect for the amount you get.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 2:37:00 AM More reviews by Denisedd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Better then and used more often then my naked 1 2 or 3! Amazing pigment and good range of colour . Stays all day and stays bright ! Easy to blend

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2014 12:26:00 AM More reviews by harachi

Bought this for $50aud in David Jones, I've been really needing a neutral eye shadow palette and since I couldn't find the Naked palette, I bought this one instead. There's 12 shadows with 8 shimmery shades and 4 matte. It comes with a dual ended shadow/liner brush which I didn't really like because of it's small size. The shadows are great quality, super pigmented and go on smooth and creamy, but I feel like they would work better with a primer. Definitely worth the price, will be buying again :)