TheBalm Nude 'tude Eyeshadow Palette

4.3

on 5/2/2015 6:44:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I know this palette has been out forever now, but I finally just got it for the first time - and glad I did. Really nice mix of cool & warm tones. You have some shimmery colors, but also a few satin or matte ones too. There's a peach, a pink, white, gold, a couple taupe shades, a couple medium brown shades, plus cranberry, dark brown, and a black (which is nice too - most palettes have either a dark brown OR black, not both). The variety of colors plus texture makes it really versatile & good for travel. The pigmentation is very good, but not so heavily pigmented that one touch of your brush and you have to spend 10 minutes buffing it out. The packaging is durable but recyclable, and the magnet clasp keeps it firmly closed but not difficult to open. The mirror is a nice size too if you like that feature or need it. The brush is kind of "meh," but I have so many eye shadow brushes that I don't find it to be a deal breaker. The only con I find really is a small size of the pans. Most palettes with this many shadows have around 15g of product total, while this one has only about 11g. I suppose then that if I run out, I'll definitely buy again. :)

on 3/29/2015 8:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

There is a mauve color in here that I cannot get enough of. Seriously it is perfect. I know over palettes have mauve but they wish they looked like this. This palette is excellent. Thebalm had excellent pigmentation and staying power. They make some of my favorite palettes!

on 3/10/2015 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

A gorgeous palette! Great array of finishes and neutral shades. The standout for me is "Sexy" the deep, dark matte berry shade. I love it in the outer crease, or with a dampened brush as a liner. Packaging is so fun too.

on 2/3/2015 2:26:00 AM

I. LOVE. THIS. PALETTE. This has replaced ALL of my other eyeshadow palettes, including all three of my naked palettes, which to me, is quite a feat! It's sad, but I have never been able to hit pan on anything in my life, I suppose I just get bored too quickly. However, I have hit pan COMPLETELY, I mean even desperately scraping tiny remnants left on the sides, of two different shades out of this palette: seductive & sophisticated. I used these shades on the daily for as long as I could. This is the first time I've ever experienced the panic of running out of a HG item. Needless to say, I've now got two back up palettes after they were featured on Hautelook. THANK YOU, GOD FOR THIS PALETTE.

I bought this palette because i saw a bunch of YouTubers using it and thought it would be great to help build up my makeup stock. However, I have not found much use for it. I find myself forcing myself to use it since it was fairly expensive. The only color that i can say i really love is Sexy, which is sort of a cranberry color. They are really good quality - very blendable, don't crease and i don't have a problem with fallout when i use them - but its just that the colors don't really impress me. If you're looking for a good, high-end nude palette i would definitely go for the Lorac Pro palette!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Super lovely nudes palette! I really cant get over it, I saw Essie Button using it and I absolutely fell in love with it when I finally got to use it. All the colours are stunning and I think it has the perfect amount of shimmers and mattes. The consistency of the shadows are really creamy and pigmented, not at all chalky. I really enjoy using Sexy and Snobby together and I use Sleek for my eyebrows.

on 12/12/2014 3:01:00 PM

I don't understand all of the positive reviews for this palette. First, it is supposed to be a nude eyeshadow palette, yet the only color out of 12 that might be considered nude is sultry. I like to wear a matte color on my lid, or at most, a color with a little bit of shimmer. This palette doesn't actually have a single shade that fills this need. The closest would be standoffish colorwise, but it is much too frosty. Same with stubborn, which is also too pink for me. Sassy would be a decent highlight color, except there's too much fallout and it's overly frosty. And the staying power of these shadows is poor. Even with NARS shadow primer, then MAC painterly paint pot as a base, wear time on my oily lids is 1-2 hours. It's no wonder that I kept forgetting I have this palette.

on 11/29/2014 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I know a lot of people like this palette and all. I really did try to like it since it wasn't cheap. This was my first high-end purchase and I was very disappointed. I love the sexy shade though. It's perfect for fall & the colors are really pigmented and soft. However, these shadows aren't long lasting at all! Within 1 or 2 hours, I couldn't see the color anymore and they creased like crazy! I have oily lids & even with a primer it didn't stay. I experimented with my other drugstore/ affordable eyeshadows using the same primer and everything and they didn't crease at all! Overall, very disappointed ):

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Really like the darker shades. The lighter frosty shades are too light for my skin tone. schitzo is my favorite, i find that it looks very flattering. i guess i dont use half of this palette :/ But still anytime i want to apply eyeshadow i use this. The shimmery ones doesnt look tacky or the mattes doesnt look chalky at all. A wide range of looks can be done by using only this palette. Very pigmented shadows, easily can be used as a liner. The only shade missing is matte naked tone like wetnwild brulee.

on 9/24/2014 10:12:00 PM

Favorite palette of all time!

I prefer it over ALL the other palettes in my collection (which includes all 3 UD Naked palettes, Laura Mercier's artist palette, Vasanti's manhattan and the hamptons, and Clinique's jenna's essentials).

I just love the extremely versatile and wearable yet slightly unusual combination of shades in this palette. It's a little warm, but it's also a little cool. It has silver and champagne pink and burgundy - beautiful neutrals that are far from simply being monochromatic variations on a theme. There are no duds in this palette. Each color is outstanding and there is tremendous variety. The textures are on par with Urban Decay - in short, some of the best I've seen from any brand. The packaging is utterly adorable. The price is fair and even affordable compared to a lot of the stuff out there. I'm very picky but I can't say anything bad about this. I would repurchase forever and ever and ever.

Popular Palettes