April 20, 2014 | 1842 users online

Fragrances - LUSH - Ladyboy

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this smelled like mildew/moldy clothing or towels or something, plus sweaty body parts. NOT good.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2012 6:18:00 PM More reviews by clockmilk3

Ladyboy is almost the exact same concept as Parfumerie Generale's Felanilla, which is a "feline vanilla" with banana wood. This is a straight up wacky perfume. The banana is quite sharp. I wear it when I'm in an Andy Warhol mood. I actually appreciate that a mass brand like Lush is doing something very high concept and weird like this. Like all of Lush's fragrances, the bottle design needs some work.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2012 10:27:00 PM More reviews by atomic_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm trying to decide what Ladyboy smells most like to me. Nail polish? Gasoline? Paint? Whatever it is, I can't imagine who thought this was a good idea for a perfume.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2011 5:30:00 PM More reviews by BigEars

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

When I first smelt this I had been warned to put onto skin not the smelling strip. I spritzed on my wrist and for a moment I thought ah, Ylang Ylang mainly because my skin always amplifies the banana aspect of YY. But no! I was actually smelling banana. LUSH lists the notes as: Main notes : Banana, seaweed, violet, chamomile, labdanum, oakmoss.

Well I love 5 out of 6 of these unfortunately all I can smell is banana, a black rotting banana at that. If Chinatown smells like banana fritters and syrup, which is does on me, Ladyboy smells like the fritters you threw in the bin the night before. It is possible to be too clever clever and be weird just for the sake of shocking. This is an interesting excercise but IMHO, unwearable. UGH!