L'Oreal Visible Lift Serum Age-Reversing Concealer

4.2

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (5.8%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Glycerin Orbitan Isostearate, Propylene Glycol, Ozokerite, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Sulfate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Methylparaben, Acrylates Copolymer, Alumina, Tocopherol, Acetyl Trifluoromethylphenyl Valylglycine, Panthenol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Calcium Pantetheine Sulfonate, Hydroxypropyl Tetrahydropyrantriol, Dextran Sulfate, Silica, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Polycaprolactone, Sodium Hyaluronate, May Contain ( /-):, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, F.I.L. B29137/3

PROS: So kind to my aging skin. Opaque enough to cover when I build with it, and it is definitely buildable. I actually like the brush on this, so that I can just keep it in my purse for touchups (usually I hate built-in brushes.) SPF15. I'm N15-20 (leaning to NC) and use the fair. When I'm more tan, like NC25-30, I use light. The finish for me is satin (but I have dry skin.)

CONS: The most obvious con I see is that twist-up mechanism that has you twisting it 500 times the first time you use it. The other is the price for a small amount of product.

ALTERNATES: This is actually quite a good dupe for Armani High Precision Retouch. But this one may be even kinder for my wrinkles.

on 1/5/2015 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Very pricey for a drugstore concealer: $14.99 for 0.05oz. This is more expensive than MAC Pro Longwear concealer ($20 for 0.3oz)! I got it in Medium, which matches my NC35 skin. It's good for blemishes but not opaque enough to cover dark undereye circles. I'll probably try something else when this is used up.

on 11/25/2014 1:51:00 PM

I have to agree with the other reviewers here that this concealer is great. I usually use Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer or Tarte Maracuja Waterproof Creaseless concealer, both of which are my HG concealers for my inherited dark circles. But I ran out of both and parking at my local mall is a nightmare. Sephora takes days to ship -- even when you ask for next day air shipping, so I went to the drugstore and reluctantly grabbed this concealer. I say reluctantly because Loreal tests on animals and I hate their company. Despite that, the concealer works. It covers. It doesn't crease and it lasts over 10 hours and still looks freshly applied. If anyone out there can recommend a cruelty free drugstore brand I can try that works the same, please let me know. It's more expensive than the other brands at the drugstore, so I took off one lippy for that. Fortunately, I was able to find the one with mineral sunscreen as an active ingredient -- SPF 20. I'm an NC 25 ish and I have the color LIGHT, 122.

on 11/17/2014 8:01:00 AM

This is my ultimate HG concealer for my under eyes and highlighting my face before topping with mineral powder. I can't even begin to properly explain how perfect this product is without getting too excited and no matter what else I try I always come back to this. It is pricier than other drugstore concealers but nothing performs for me as well as this. I buy this in the shade fair (lightest shade) to highlight my under eye, forehead and veining/discoloration on my chin. The reason I love this so much is because the coverage is amazing! The consistency is thin but super pigmented and not drying under the eyes. I usually put this on all the places I need it, then take my other blemish concealer (MAC studio finish) to do my blemishes and highlight the bridge of my nose (cause it's oilier) and by the time I'm done with that this loreal visible lift concealer would have almost set to the point where all I have to do is pat it a little to blend and it stays put instead of moving around as I blend. The colour is awesome; not too pink or yellow. I have tried to find cheaper options but nothing even compares. I just wish that they would give us more product for the money. The clicker pen contains way too little product for the price.

on 7/11/2014 2:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is the best drugstore concealer I've tried.
The reason I bought it was for under eyes, since it had spf 20 (they've since reformulated it and it doesn't seem to have the spf :/
The pigment is great! It blends wonderfully, sets to a nice satin finish and doesn't move. I've since tried a few other concealers that cost twice or even 3 times as much and to be honest I'm not overly impressed. I always go back to this. If only they would make it with spf again!

on 4/21/2014 8:29:00 PM

It's a wonderful concealer, but I despise pen applicators. I can never tell how much product I'm actually getting out. I wish that they would change the container to that of a lip gloss tube. The pens hold much less product and are more difficult to use.

on 10/11/2013 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Excellent formula and color. I bought this in Fair and it looks really good and natural under my eyes. I don't care for the packaging and never apply it with the brush thing it comes with. I apply it to my ring finger and gently pat under my eyes. The cost ($13) is much higher than other drug store concealers I was looking at... I may try out some other brands to compare how they work for daily use but so far I would say this is a really good buy and easy to find. I wear this concealer daily with Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation in Vanilla or Cover Girl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation in Classic Ivory.

on 10/5/2013 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

GREAT! I love this. Get it in a lighter shade & can also work as a great highlighter. It has better coverage then the Benefit Fakeup. I love this stuff. Long wearing and super blendable.

on 6/13/2013 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I'm still road testing this product so this review is tentative and subject to change.

My GA High Precision Retouch is nearing the end of its life and I've been on the hunt for a less expensive replacement.
After reading the rave reviews here about L'Oreal's Visible Lift concealer, I decided to give it a try. (at least it won't break the bank)

First off, the packing is a bit 'meh' with the click pen. I was a little click happy and ended up with more product than I intended. This was to get product onto the brush and it's bound to happen with a brand new concealer.

The application is smooth and creamy without being too heavy. It covers well and lasts all day without creasing into the fine lines. My dark circles aren't too bad so YMMV if you have prominent dark circles.
The concealer isn't drying although prepping the under eye area is essential. It's okay with covering blemishes if they're not too pronounced.

I'm Asian, NC30/C3 and I chose the "Light" colour which seems to suit my skin tone fine.
I hope I've found the less expensive replacement that I've been looking for, fingers crossed.

EDIT September 2013:
While I still like this concealer, I prefer L'Oreal's touche magique concealer because it gives better coverage and it does brighten up my under eye.

on 5/27/2013 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Wow... I'm kind of embarrassed. I thought I had already reviewed this! This stuff is pretty HG. I love this concealer. I can take it anywhere and touch up spots. It lasts me most of my 10 hr day. It's opaque enough to cover pimples, redness, some broken capillaries, and my under eye area (not bad but still obvious). I had tried to pick this up the other day while at [a horrible retail store] and grabbed the Magic Lumi one instead. I can't even begin to tell you how much I regret that one! It's going back today so that I can grab the Visible Lift one instead. I can't say enough good things about this concealer. It's cheap enough and lasts a while. Go grab one.