August 30, 2014 | 1880 users online

Concealers - L'Oreal - Visible Lift Serum Age-Reversing Concealer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2014 2:11:00 AM More reviews by Lexx13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is the best drugstore concealer I've tried.
The reason I bought it was for under eyes, since it had spf 20 (they've since reformulated it and it doesn't seem to have the spf :/
The pigment is great! It blends wonderfully, sets to a nice satin finish and doesn't move. I've since tried a few other concealers that cost twice or even 3 times as much and to be honest I'm not overly impressed. I always go back to this. If only they would make it with spf again!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2014 8:29:00 PM More reviews by citygirl91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's a wonderful concealer, but I despise pen applicators. I can never tell how much product I'm actually getting out. I wish that they would change the container to that of a lip gloss tube. The pens hold much less product and are more difficult to use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by LightPink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Excellent formula and color. I bought this in Fair and it looks really good and natural under my eyes. I don't care for the packaging and never apply it with the brush thing it comes with. I apply it to my ring finger and gently pat under my eyes. The cost ($13) is much higher than other drug store concealers I was looking at... I may try out some other brands to compare how they work for daily use but so far I would say this is a really good buy and easy to find. I wear this concealer daily with Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation in Vanilla or Cover Girl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation in Classic Ivory.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by mayganade

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

GREAT! I love this. Get it in a lighter shade & can also work as a great highlighter. It has better coverage then the Benefit Fakeup. I love this stuff. Long wearing and super blendable.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2013 1:30:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm still road testing this product so this review is tentative and subject to change.

My GA High Precision Retouch is nearing the end of its life and I've been on the hunt for a less expensive replacement.
After reading the rave reviews here about L'Oreal's Visible Lift concealer, I decided to give it a try. (at least it won't break the bank)

First off, the packing is a bit 'meh' with the click pen. I was a little click happy and ended up with more product than I intended. This was to get product onto the brush and it's bound to happen with a brand new concealer.

The application is smooth and creamy without being too heavy. It covers well and lasts all day without creasing into the fine lines. My dark circles aren't too bad so YMMV if you have prominent dark circles.
The concealer isn't drying although prepping the under eye area is essential. It's okay with covering blemishes if they're not too pronounced.

I'm Asian, NC30/C3 and I chose the "Light" colour which seems to suit my skin tone fine.
I hope I've found the less expensive replacement that I've been looking for, fingers crossed.

EDIT September 2013:
While I still like this concealer, I prefer L'Oreal's touche magique concealer because it gives better coverage and it does brighten up my under eye.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2013 1:49:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

Wow... I'm kind of embarrassed. I thought I had already reviewed this! This stuff is pretty HG. I love this concealer. I can take it anywhere and touch up spots. It lasts me most of my 10 hr day. It's opaque enough to cover pimples, redness, some broken capillaries, and my under eye area (not bad but still obvious). I had tried to pick this up the other day while at [a horrible retail store] and grabbed the Magic Lumi one instead. I can't even begin to tell you how much I regret that one! It's going back today so that I can grab the Visible Lift one instead. I can't say enough good things about this concealer. It's cheap enough and lasts a while. Go grab one.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2013 5:08:00 PM More reviews by suzej

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the best concealer I've tried in a long time. I've been using the Rimmel Perfect Matched based on its awesome reviews on MUA, but this is far superior for my dark circles. It doesn't settle into my fine lines and it doesn't budge all day - seriously, I put it on at 6am and it's 5 and still looks great. It does crease a little bit but I just dab a clean finger on those spots and they blend away without wiping off the rest. I have really bad dark circles and I'm not sure I'll ever find anything that covers them completely without looking cakey, but this certainly comes closer than anything else to camouflaging them without looking terrible by the end of the day. I will definitely buy this again and am so happy I tried it!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2013 5:57:00 PM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this on accident, almost returned it but decided to try it anyway and am glad I did! I ran into the store to repurchase the L'Oreal Magic Lumi Concealer Pen which I keep in my purse for touch ups since it's a lighter coverage concealer. I wasn't paying attention and grabbed this instead lol (Hey L'Oreal, the packaging of this & the Lumi are too similar!) Anyway I got it home, read a few reviews and decided to keep it. Tried it for the first time several days ago and thought it would be very similar (coverage wise) to the Lumi one so I applied a good bit of it and when I began to blend I quickly realized that this one has wayyy more coverage so I ended up with the "reverse panda eye" effect (not a good look BTW) But I was excited that it was a fuller coverage concealer though because I have VERY dark under eye circles, always have (genetics I assume?) and am always looking for that Holy Grail concealer for my under eye area. So when I tried it the following day I just dabbed on a very small amount, blended, and wow it was perfection! Covered ALL of my dark circles really effortlessly which is not an easy task. I've never been so pleased with a product that I didn't even mean to buy! Lol ;)
For reference I'm almost 31 with very pale (between N10 & NC15 in MAC), oily/acne-prone skin, and dark, purple undertoned under eye circles. Since my dark circles are very purple toned, I've found that concealers with yellow tones seem to cover them best, and the "Fair" shade of this Visible Lift Concealer Pen does indeed lean yellow which is yet another difference between it and the Lumi Pen - The Lumi's Fair shade has more neutral undertones that lean more pink (which is why it works better for touch ups for me personally).
Overall, I'm super impressed and can't believe I haven't seen more raves regarding this concealer! I think it's really great quality.
My ONLY gripes are the packaging & price.. I got it at WalMart which is always the least expensive place in my area for drugstore makeup but paid just under $13 USD which is definitely on the high side for a concealer. Granted $13 doesn't break the bank, but I'm not sure if I've ever paid that much for a concealer that didn't come from Sephora before! &Next, the packaging - These "clicky" pens are just not ideal for me. I like that they're travel friendly and sleek, but that's where it ends. I can never seem to click out the exact amount I need without clicking out too much then I end up wasting some or making a mess *sigh* My Maybelline Dream Lumi Pen actually wouldn't stop clicking and was pushing out concealer when it wasn't even in use (I had TWO of them that did this!) So I ended up cutting off the bristles and clicking all of the concealer out into a tiny travel tub and using a regular concealer brush to apply and that method works really well! If I end up having issues with this pen I plan to do the same. I'd love to see this in a regular concealer tube with the doe foot wand though! :)
Other than those two minor gripes I'm really pleased and DO plan to repurchase regardless of the price & packaging. This is one of the better under eye concealers I've tried to date, from any price point (drugstore or dept.store) & I highly recommend!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2013 3:36:00 PM More reviews by ViciousLashes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have dark circles that are pretty hard to cover and I was looking for a concealer that wasn't really expensive. I read some reviews on this and I'm so glad that I bought it! The coverage is great and buildable, it doesn't settle under my eyes and it doesn't wear off throughout the day. It looks natural and doesn't dry out. I wear contacts so sometimes I have to take them out and clean them while I'm at work, and this stuff stands up to my solution and me having to hold my eyes open with my fingers. I would prefer different packaging, but I can look past that. It also has skin care benefits which is always a plus. I'm pretty sure I just found my new favorite concealer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2013 6:28:00 PM More reviews by womanwarrior

I wanted a backup concealer to keep in my purse and needed it to be fairly cheap and pretty brainless to put on (ie. no complicated brushes or detailed steps). My mainstays are Cle de Peau and the Bobbi Brown corrector/concealer duo, but they aren't things that can be applied in your rearview mirror.

This L'Oreal click pen looked interesting, as this type of package usually has thin concealers that blend easily. I chose Light (I'm NC30) because Medium looked quite a bit darker and too yellow. When I first put this on with the brush, it looked way too light and pink -- ie reverse raccoon eyes. I was planning to bring it exchange it, but gave it another try. This time, I dabbed a bit under each eye, as del as on my dark spots. Then I took a concealer brush and patted it out. It worked quite well this way! It covers my hyperpigmentation, yet doesn't crease under my eyes. Unfortunately, this totally defeats the purpose of the click-pen brush. The problem with that applicator is that there's too much product left in the brush, and you can't get clean bristles to blend. I suppose if you click, then dab on all the spots you need covered, then go back and use the brush to blend without clicking more product out, that might work.