November 25, 2014 | 1794 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Moisture Surge Intense

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2014 5:19:00 AM More reviews by Freesia95

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have sensitive, combination skin, prone to clogged pores.
This was my first Clinique product, and I wanted to try it out because it's fragrance-free and oil-free. I was looking for a very hydrating moisturizer to use in the night.
+ Skin looks hydrated
+ Oil-free, fragrance-free

- Feels quite greasy on my skin, looks very shiny, even after 20 minutes
- can't wear this under my Mineral powder foundation, because it's very sticky
- feels heavy, too rich for me
- unpleasant medicinal smell
- unhygienic package

It's a shame this moisturizer doesn't work for me, as so many people here with different skin conditions are raving about it, but it simply doesn't fit my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2014 2:54:00 PM More reviews by crawfore

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Excellent moisturizer. It actually moisturizers my sensitive skin without making my face greasy, irritating it, or causing bumps. It also works great under foundation. I have nothing negative to say about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2014 9:53:00 AM More reviews by fluffmonsta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

holy sh*t this thing ACTUALLY WORKS!

first off i have normal-oily skin with dehydrated patches of terrible dryness around my acne scars (especially where i've zapped a zit with 100% tea tree oil or 10% benzoyl peroxide). in the winter, my dehydrated patches get worse, also around my nose.

im always skeptical about products which over-promise. i've been searching for an oil free gel-like moisturizer like the DDMG but stronger, and this totally fits the bill. it does EXACTLY what it says on the tin which is - soothes and rehydrates dry or dehydrated skin for 24 hours. however its not sticky or greasy like some richer moisturizers.

even though im a long-time lover of clinique 3-step system (used it for 10 years and counting) i was honestly shocked that it cured up my dehydrated patches RIGHT AWAY. as in, within 24 hours or use. im so excited over this product. each member of my family is getting one each for christmas. yup.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 8:56:00 AM More reviews by regenton

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Excellent moisturizer for dry skin! I've been using it for 2 months and very impressed. It's a lightweight gel texture that really hydrates my skin - dry patches I had previously disappeared after a few days use. But even though it is very hydrating, it is not oily or too rich - my makeup applies beautifully over it. Apparently it has silicones in it, but it hasn't caused me any breakouts (and I have sensitive dry skin). I even feel that the little rosacea I have around my nose has improved since I started using it. I use it during the day and a cream moisturiser at night.

No SPF in it (as far as I'm aware) but I wear foundation with SPF over it every day so I'm covered in that regard.

Not sure if it impacts on wrinkles or skin tone - but I might invest in a nigh moisturizer for those concerns, and stick with this for day wear.

Would definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2014 1:42:00 AM More reviews by Elspaeth

Very good cream-gel moisturizer, I would honestly repurchase this and recommend it to others also. I had dry patches on my skin that started going away after using this product every night for a week. The best part is that it's so rich you don't need much, so a little bit of cream goes a long way.

In my opinion it's actually one of the few night-time moisturizers that accomplish what they promise with visible effects. I don't use it during the day because I find it too rich in combination with the sunscreen under primer and foundation.

Of course every person's skin is different, but for my dry combination skin this has been excellent.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2014 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Beccac88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was given a free sample of this as well a the moisture surge overnight mask! My skin at the time was so so dry I had patches of dry skin all over my face which was making it hard for me to wear foundation and near on impossible for me to pur foundation on my forehead! I started using the 3 step clinque plan as well as having the two sample pots! My skin greatly improved with the 3 step plan but the woman on the counter also advise me to use the moisture surge! I really liked it, I prefered the moisture surge cream rather than the over night face mask, as I kept wanting to touch my face! I still have the little sample pot and occasionally use it of my skin feels a little dry! When I runs out I will defiantly consider buying a pot!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 12:27:00 AM More reviews by Jdeliz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the best moisturizers that I've tried. It works wonders as an after-sun moisturizer. Great and great. Doesn't make my skin break out. Decent price for its quality.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2014 8:18:00 PM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I recently went off of Spironolactone and my skin is not as dry as it has been the past few years. Also I'm finding that this summer I can't tolerate thick creams anymore as they seem to hold in the heat and cause sweating which makes my rosacea flush. (It sounds worse than it is, LOL!)

One of the awesome skin boarders suggested this moisturizer so I decided to try it and I'm so glad I did. The perfect amount of moisture while my skin doesn't feel suffocated. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin or cause rosacea flares. I use it in the morning before my makeup and it wears very well. At night, I apply it over Metrogel. My skin has been very dehydrated after using Retin-A off and on for a year. This moisturizer is helping make my face look healthy again, plumper.

I wish it wasn't in a jar but I just use a clean Q-Tip for each application. Great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2014 3:21:00 PM More reviews by onlinealterego

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Excellent lightweight, non-greasy moisturizer. Keeps my skin hydrated, soft, supple and smooth. I expect to use it as long as Clinique keeps making it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2014 12:29:00 PM More reviews by nick18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this product. I have combination skin but only oily in the t-zone and the rest of my face is super dry and any time i put on makeup I would have dry patches. With this moisturizer i never get dry patches my makeup goes on so much smother and it doesn't make my face fell tight after I apply it. Ive tried so many moisturizers and this has been the best out of all of them. Sadly the large size is expensive but i bought the travel size since its summer and you really only need to use a tiny amount of this to get your whole face. Overall definitely my holy grail moisturizer.