Cover Girl Lash Blast 24 HR Mascara

3.2

on 3/9/2015 2:57:00 PM

So, my sister didn't like this mascara so she gave it to me, I didn't need to ask why. I found out the hard way. Assuming this is almost a 10 dollar drugstore mascara, I thought it would stay on for a few hours and then smudge off eventually. That wasn't the case with this mascara. If you're looking for a mascara that goes on beautifully and clean, separating every lash without the clumpy look, this is the mascara for you. If you're looking for a mascara that doesn't come off with soap, baby oil, baby shampoo, vegetable oil, makeup remover OR make up removing soap, this mascara is DEFINITELY for you. I've tried everything high and low to get this mascara off. If you like the "no more eyelashes" look at the end of trying to get this mascara off, this product is yours to have. ENJOY.

on 2/17/2015 4:26:00 PM

I do not like this mascara at all. It weighs my lashes down, even after curling them, this mascara makes them flat and straight. It's such a pain to clean up and it's really hard to remove at the end of the day! I normally really love cover girl mascaras, so I was very disappointed, especially considering I paid almost $20. The brush is also huge which makes it really hard to apply without making a mess.

on 2/15/2015 4:44:00 PM

I decided to try this as it was on sale at my local drugstore and being a fan of the regular Cover Girl Lash Blast mascara, thought I'd see what this was like. I wasn't in the market at the time for a new waterproof mascara but this will be my waterproof mascara from now on. This stuff applies like a dream, holds a curl, has a natural, not full look, and doesn't smudge like some waterproof mascaras, surprisingly, do. It's not a 24 hour mascara. I'm pretty sure it's a 24 day mascara. The kicker is, you can't get this stuff off. It's so great, staying on in the nastiest gloppiest, wettest of snowstorms bombarding your face, but you can't get it off easily.

Don't be frustrated - just do what I do. When I'm getting ready to wash my face after work, I remove my contact lenses, then I blob baby oil on my lashes and do something else for about 10 minutes. After the wait, I'll wash my face and it comes off, though not always on the first try. You definitely have to keep gently swiping at the lashes to get it off. Use an oil-based remover - nothing else will work.

on 2/1/2015 10:53:00 PM

I think this product is very underrated.
I bought this from Priceline for about $15 and it works great! its definatly the best drugstore mascara I've used and will repurchase. It lasts all day and does not smudge, my mother especially struggled a lot to find a mascara that doesn't smudge on her and she found it works better then all the products she has tried over the years including Mac and Bobbi Brown.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Pumped up my lashes decently well. Packaging is too chunky and the plastic bristles of the brush were too short to really grip anything. Loved the staying power. But what made me ultimately dislike this mascara was removing it. I don't buy waterproof. Nowhere on the packaging did this say this was waterproof. But, lo and behold, this does not remove with soap and water. Which would be fine if I actually wanted a waterproof mascara...but I don't.

on 1/20/2015 7:15:00 AM

I have eyelashes that grow directly down so I need a mascara that can hold them up all day after I've curled them and the Covergirl Lash Blast 24 HR Mascara does exactly that! This mascara works miracles, it makes my lashes so long and thick without clumping or sticking them together - this is thanks to the amazing brush applicator. It lasts literally all day and manages to maintain a fairly natural appearance.When I wear this after curling my eyelashes I get so many compliments and people asking if my eyelashes are real because it has such a dramatic, disney-esque impact on your eyes.

Unfortunately it is difficult to remove but if you find the right waterproof makeup remover it isn't too hard. (I personally recommend the Garnier Clean & Sensitive 2 in 1 waterproof eye makeup remover, that stuff gets rid of even the toughest makeup!). The packaging also rubs off which means it ends up looking awful on your dressing table which is really unfortunate but apart from those minor details this is the best mascara I've found so far. Totally worth it and so underrated you must try it, thank you Covergirl!

on 1/17/2015 3:43:00 AM

Love this mascara, it lasts all day and does not move at all. I wear contact lenses and it does not irritate my eyes either. I curl my lashes (using the hairdryer technique, best ever for us ladies with poker straight lashes) then put 1 to 3 coats on depending on how i'm feeling and what make up mood i'm in. I'm not really into volume mascaras as they tend to weigh my eyelashes down, this does add a bit of volume but its great for adding length. I get compliments about my eyelashes all the time when i wear it, someone even asked if they were fake as they looked so good. You can really fan the lashes out with the shape of the brush. The only downside of this mascara i find is that it is so hard to get off! You can take that as good or bad though. I get the waterproof version and it really does not move, i have worn it to the gym (no i'm not one of those women either who puts on make up for the gym, its when i go straight from work), swimming and on the most hot humid days in Australia and it stays where you put it.

on 1/16/2015 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This mascara is really really good if you have lashes that are very hard to curl! It keeps a curl like no other mascara I've ever used!
It does not smudge or flake throughout the day at all!

The only thing I don't love about this mascara is how hard it is to take off! I have found that using coconut oil is the best way and doesn't pull out any lashes, otherwise it's near impossible not to lose out a few :/

on 12/18/2014 2:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

My bestest ever mascara was the solid little cake I ... "liberated" .... from my Grandma's house around 1980 or so.

Eventually I had to stop using it (read: my Mum busted me) so I grudgingly made the switch to proper mascara (green. I kid you not. I was the kid with the self-frosted curls, orange foundation and iced-champink lipstick which looked good on about 0.001% of people, most of them in the morgue) and sailed with Avon for ages.

Needless to say my mascara requirements are pretty basic, consisting of only two rules.

1. It shouldn't melt my eyes
2. See #1

Along comes Marie-Claire (I think the subscription was a freebie for spending x amount at the Rite-Aid down the street) with a handy dandy coupon for $2 off the latest Lash Blast stuff. Because I already get 25% off of Cover Girl to start with, this 24 hour specimen ended up about $4 which is fine with me.

So, it's mascara. It's very black (the shade is called "Very Black" just in case I hadn't realized I'd purchased ... black mascara. Ever so helpful, is Cover Girl), and it goes on with NO CLUMPIFICATION!

I have to insist on a low clump factor because I don't want to spend more than about 10 seconds putting the darned stuff on my lashes to begin with. So we're good - respectable cost, effective and does the job overnight without making me look like a hungover panda who's just done the walk of shame after spending the night with that foxy koala bear.

So that's it then. It works. It's very black. It does what it says on the package.

With that said, I couldn't spend $10 on the stuff and that's why I gave it 3 lippies for the price category - I got it cheap, so it can live here for awhile.

on 9/19/2014 4:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

YIKESSSS!!!!! STAY AWAY from this mascara!!! So this was my go to makeup, finally a mascara that stays on, and when I mean it stays on I mean this mascara will NOT come off, good luck. I used this for around 2 months, besides the awful attempts of trying to get my lashes clean, I loved this mascara. It really separates and makes your lashes look fuller. So heres why I'm telling you to stay FAR away from buying this mascara, it will RUIN your lashes!! After 2 months my lashes were brittle, thin, and since taking this off was such a task I managed to rip out a few lashes over the course of 2 months, also some of my lashes broke off. A month later and I'm still growing back those half broken lashes and my poor brittle lashes are just starting to get thick again. This mascara was not worth ruining my lashes.