January 25, 2015 | 2069 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast 24 HR Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2015 7:15:00 AM More reviews by arielfowkes

I have eyelashes that grow directly down so I need a mascara that can hold them up all day after I've curled them and the Covergirl Lash Blast 24 HR Mascara does exactly that! This mascara works miracles, it makes my lashes so long and thick without clumping or sticking them together - this is thanks to the amazing brush applicator. It lasts literally all day and manages to maintain a fairly natural appearance.When I wear this after curling my eyelashes I get so many compliments and people asking if my eyelashes are real because it has such a dramatic, disney-esque impact on your eyes.

Unfortunately it is difficult to remove but if you find the right waterproof makeup remover it isn't too hard. (I personally recommend the Garnier Clean & Sensitive 2 in 1 waterproof eye makeup remover, that stuff gets rid of even the toughest makeup!). The packaging also rubs off which means it ends up looking awful on your dressing table which is really unfortunate but apart from those minor details this is the best mascara I've found so far, thank you Covergirl!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2015 3:43:00 AM More reviews by pegbasket

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this mascara, it lasts all day and does not move at all. I wear contact lenses and it does not irritate my eyes either. I curl my lashes (using the hairdryer technique, best ever for us ladies with poker straight lashes) then put 1 to 3 coats on depending on how i'm feeling and what make up mood i'm in. I'm not really into volume mascaras as they tend to weigh my eyelashes down, this does add a bit of volume but its great for adding length. I get compliments about my eyelashes all the time when i wear it, someone even asked if they were fake as they looked so good. You can really fan the lashes out with the shape of the brush. The only downside of this mascara i find is that it is so hard to get off! You can take that as good or bad though. I get the waterproof version and it really does not move, i have worn it to the gym (no i'm not one of those women either who puts on make up for the gym, its when i go straight from work), swimming and on the most hot humid days in Australia and it stays where you put it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2015 5:16:00 PM More reviews by itsEmmaTime

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This mascara is really really good if you have lashes that are very hard to curl! It keeps a curl like no other mascara I've ever used!
It does not smudge or flake throughout the day at all!

The only thing I don't love about this mascara is how hard it is to take off! I have found that using coconut oil is the best way and doesn't pull out any lashes, otherwise it's near impossible not to lose out a few :/

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2014 2:15:00 AM More reviews by Steelermummeh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My bestest ever mascara was the solid little cake I ... "liberated" .... from my Grandma's house around 1980 or so.

Eventually I had to stop using it (read: my Mum busted me) so I grudgingly made the switch to proper mascara (green. I kid you not. I was the kid with the self-frosted curls, orange foundation and iced-champink lipstick which looked good on about 0.001% of people, most of them in the morgue) and sailed with Avon for ages.

Needless to say my mascara requirements are pretty basic, consisting of only two rules.

1. It shouldn't melt my eyes
2. See #1

Along comes Marie-Claire (I think the subscription was a freebie for spending x amount at the Rite-Aid down the street) with a handy dandy coupon for $2 off the latest Lash Blast stuff. Because I already get 25% off of Cover Girl to start with, this 24 hour specimen ended up about $4 which is fine with me.

So, it's mascara. It's very black (the shade is called "Very Black" just in case I hadn't realized I'd purchased ... black mascara. Ever so helpful, is Cover Girl), and it goes on with NO CLUMPIFICATION!

I have to insist on a low clump factor because I don't want to spend more than about 10 seconds putting the darned stuff on my lashes to begin with. So we're good - respectable cost, effective and does the job overnight without making me look like a hungover panda who's just done the walk of shame after spending the night with that foxy koala bear.

So that's it then. It works. It's very black. It does what it says on the package.

With that said, I couldn't spend $10 on the stuff and that's why I gave it 3 lippies for the price category - I got it cheap, so it can live here for awhile.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2014 4:23:00 AM More reviews by MeganDan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

YIKESSSS!!!!! STAY AWAY from this mascara!!! So this was my go to makeup, finally a mascara that stays on, and when I mean it stays on I mean this mascara will NOT come off, good luck. I used this for around 2 months, besides the awful attempts of trying to get my lashes clean, I loved this mascara. It really separates and makes your lashes look fuller. So heres why I'm telling you to stay FAR away from buying this mascara, it will RUIN your lashes!! After 2 months my lashes were brittle, thin, and since taking this off was such a task I managed to rip out a few lashes over the course of 2 months, also some of my lashes broke off. A month later and I'm still growing back those half broken lashes and my poor brittle lashes are just starting to get thick again. This mascara was not worth ruining my lashes.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2014 10:27:00 PM More reviews by stars22

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a waterproof mascara that lasted all day without getting smudged, and it works. It really works. If you drown the mascara wand with product and gently wipe some of it off before applying it, it looks beautiful. It really separates the lashes (not the spider lashes at all) IF you use it correctly, and it gives the lashes a bit of oomf. It lasts all day and doesn't smudge, from my experience. Cons: (1) it's a bit on the natural look, so I don't use it when I want a full lash look (2) the worst thing about it that makes me not want to buy it again is how hard it is to remove it. I've tried every makeup cleanser to remove it and it doesn't work and it's harsh on my lashes, leaving them brittle. The only thing that works is using coconut oil as a makeup remover, but even that takes a good while for it to remove. It's such a hassle to remove that I am looking for another waterproof mascara that won't smudge and is easier to remove.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2014 11:38:00 AM More reviews by AshhhAnn

I loved this product. I think it makes my lashes look long naturally, whenever I wear this I don't think it even looks like I have mascara on! It is hard to remove, your lashes feel sticky afterwords, but I find this difficulty with most mascaras. I would defiantly recommend this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2014 3:18:00 PM More reviews by memma13

So far, this is the only mascara in Canada I've found that makes my lashes hold their curl. I have straight asian lashes. So when I use any other mascara, after 5 minutes my lashes lose their curl and become straight again, which is very annoying.
But with this mascara, I curl my lashes with my Shu Uemura curler and then apply the mascara and my lashes stay curled the whole day.
The only down side to this mascara is that it's not very buildable, plus it's very hard to wash off at the end of the day. Regular makeup remover won't cut it. So I smudge on some vaseline and then wipe it off and the mascara comes right off.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2014 5:54:00 PM More reviews by itiselizabeth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Green

I really loved how black and super volumizing this mascara was but this was brutal on my eyelashes. It was way more difficult to remove than waterproof mascaras. It easily clumped and dried my lashes out making them brittle. It was such a pain to remove and I'd always end up losing several lashes. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2014 6:54:00 PM More reviews by jerikaaaaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was actually awesome! I have been looking for a waterproof mascara that would hold my curl even in the water, and that's just what this mascara did! Have have short Asian, hard to curl lashes, and this helped so much. I would really recommend this product. Also, with the right makeup remover, the WATERPROOF version of this, comes off really easily! I don't know why people complain so much about the difficulty to get off. I use the neutrogena makeup remover lotion is any wanted to know.