August 30, 2014 | 1768 users online

Shampoo - Bain de Terre - Jasmine Moisturizing Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by jscott7196

I bought this along with the conditioner at cosmoprof as I am a licensed professional and I have to say I'm not impressed. I went in looking for a deeply moisturizing system since the LA water has completely dried out and damaged my hair (I'm from NorCal) I asked a girl who worked there for some advice since I'm an esthetician and don't know much about hair care. Well anyways she lead me to this and said she loves it so much and it will definitely moisturize my hair. It was in a two pack of the huge bottles for only $15 which is a good deal although I should of known you get what u pay for. Anyways against my good judgement I bought it and it's not that impressive. It moisturizes some but not as deeply as promised. It smells good and that's really all I like about it. WORD TO ANYONE WHO SHOPS AT COSMOPROF: don't trust the sales girls. I think they're told to push promotions instead of actually suggesting what you need because each time I've went there and asked for help they always lead me to something on sale and it never ends up working out.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2010 11:25:00 PM More reviews by Rita19

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the second time purchasing this product. I bought this with the Jasmine Conditioner. I use both together. This product moisturizes my hair but doesn't help control frizz at all. It also contains sulfates. This is just a so-so shampoo. Not recommended for curly, frizz prone hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2010 4:54:00 AM More reviews by CocoLola

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It didn't give my hair as much moisture then I would of liked. To me it was just an daily shampoo. It wasn't completely awful but at the same time it wasn't the best thing since slice bread.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2009 4:52:00 PM More reviews by sminkedokka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The combination of this shampoo and conditioner left my hair coated in silicon, tricky to detangle and dry like straw. It looks great on my bathroom shelf, but that is the only positive about this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2008 12:08:00 PM More reviews by ultimagrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I actually really like this shampoo although I really can't comment on how moisturizing it is overall because I ALWAYS use a conditioner on my hair. It's just too long at this point not to.

I find that this cleanses my hair nicely, does not make it feel stripped, and does not seem to strip my color when I have it. I happen to like the fragrance which I describe as a light, white floral but I can see where some people might have trouble with it. I do not find that my hair reeks of this after washing and drying which is good. That bugs the shit out of me when products continuing reeking after they've been used.

All in all, I find this to be a great everyday shampoo that cleanses gently but thoroughly while having a nice fragrance. This product also appears to be mostly botanically based which I like as well, even though it does contain SLSulfate. I actully went back to a shampoo with SLS just because I could not find one that cleansed well without it....and I missed my shampoo bubbles. Will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2008 9:13:00 PM More reviews by k9muttlover

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really do like this shampoo. It has a nice consistency, lathers very nicely and the smell is very lovely. The smell doesn't linger, so if you're sensitive to smells, this shouldn't bother you. Moisturizes nicely - would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2008 5:44:00 PM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Smells great. Not harsh at all - excellent for daily use.
Thoroughly cleanses my fine 4A/B relaxed hair while leaving it soft, strong, and moisturized. I would normally be afraid that washing 1-2xs/day with this shampoo would strip my hair, seeing that it is chemically treated, but I never have thsi problem. It could also be that I frequently deep condition. Still, I feel that it really balances my hair...and I will continue to use it as my daily favorite shampoo.

Did I mention how much I love the smell?

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2007 9:44:00 PM More reviews by tried_em_all

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this very much and all my friends adore it. The smell is floral, but I don't notice it lingering and I'm crazy sensitive to smell. It has no silicones, and no wheat protein, which is really good for me since those ingedients really dry out my hair. I've tried other shampoos, and I found all of them either too drying or too heavy and I always come back to this one. It's just the right amount moisture without weighing my hair down. For me, it's the most consistent shampoo -- it's doesn't start to dry out after a month or two -- and it doesn't build up. To me, it's the best for my dry, fine, thick, highlighted and very reactive hair. Update: They changed this - and for some reason, it makes my hair more stiff than before. It almost feels like it has silicone in it now (although it doesn't). I've switched to something else and am very unhappy with them for changing such a great product.

INGREDIENTS: Water/Aqua/Eau, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Flower/Leaf Extract, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, PEG-12 Oleate, Panthenol, Zizyphus Jujuba Fruit Extract, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Lecithin, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycol Stearate, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Magnolia Acuminata Bark Extract, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Fruit Extract, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Sodium Chloride, Sulfated Castor Oil, Polyquaternium-10, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone,Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Fragrance/Parfum

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2007 4:00:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

Love the beautiful packaging of these products. The scent is absolutely seductive and the formula is even better! Moisturizes my hair beautifully, without build up or a greasy afterfeel and smooths too! I don't understand all the negative reviews, none of the complaints that the previous reviewers aired, were a problem for me with this. I don't know how this will fare in the long run, but I will be sure and update (thus, the four lippie). So far, this is a wonderful shampoo.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2006 2:53:00 PM More reviews by mightymittens

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I agree with other peoples' comments. I think its a very good shampoo and doesn't strip my hair of moisture but you can find shampoo's this good at a drugstore, and for a lot less. I like the scent, not over powering but not too light. I got this as a gift. I'd buy it again if it was cheaper.