October 25, 2014 | 1324 users online

Eye Shadow - Tom Ford - Eye Color Quad - Sahara Haze

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2014 4:01:00 AM More reviews by Narsfanatic

One of my favorite quads from tf! The green is scrumptious! The glitter is so grown up and sophisticated unlike most offerings out there. If you're into green eyeshadows this is a lovely choice

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by Gigibri

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Perfect colors for my eyes. Amazing staying power. Intense pigmentation. Easy to apply with a wonderful texture. Got to other quads, including the extreeeeemst superb emerald lust.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2013 1:40:00 PM More reviews by brassovaries

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can see how this quad might not work for some, but it certainly works for me. I've got brownish-hazel eyes that change depending on the colors around them, and the beautiful greens in this selection really compliments them. I primarily use the buttery color overall, with the sage-green (with gorgeous hints of blue-grey) on the lid, and line with the darkest. I can achieve a nice day/work look, but also really amp it up to a very smokey sexy look. I avoid the glittery color during the day but do use it at night to give it an almost wet look.

Lasting power is good also!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 1:50:00 PM More reviews by richardiii

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this a few days ago (along with TF liquid foundation and a lipstick in Casablanca). Really, I do not need anymore makeup but there was a thunderstorm in London, I was hot and sticky and my hair was getting huge due to the humidity and so, without further ado, i traipsed into Selfridges. I digress. I was very wary about this colour and stared at the TF saleswoman as if she'd landed from Planet Zorg when she suggested it because I come from a generation that was told green cancelled out green, blue cancelled blue etc etc etc and, given I have murky green eyes, I didn't think it would work. I was wrong. They are muted green shades (apart from the yellow tinged shadow which I have not yet used) and do not compete with my eyes but, rather, complement them. One swipe gets enough on a brush. A bit of Guerlain loose kohl on the waterline and job done. It's still too hot and sticky here to use the foundation yet which is rich and creamy (definitely a Winter one) but the lipstick is a lovely neutral dark dusky pink shade and creamy. It was expensive though. I think the three items cost me about £160 with the quad being, I think, £64. Packaging is sleek and expensive looking - as it should do as it was bloody pricey. Anyway I really love it for my colouring but it is heinously expensive. EDIT: This makes my eyes water so it's going on the swap board. Pity.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2012 10:52:00 AM More reviews by bellecat

I so wanted to love these e/s. I love green shadows and the online swatches looked amazing - the perfect combo of gray and dark green. I've seen mixed reviews however and had there been a TF counter near me I might have had a chance to test drive first. But I took the chance and put it on my Christmas wish list anyway because I liked what I saw. The palette is well-coordinated with a nice buttery gold, a dove gray, a glittery green, and dark slightly shimmery blackish green. Alas, the glitter shade though is way too grainy and feels rough to the touch and looks cheap. I'm not sure how you'd get good placement of this shadow since using an e/s brush would probably cause the glitter to go in places where you'd rather it not. The sponge tips that come with it are useless. At least with CDP when you spend $80 on e/s you get decent applicators to go with it. The other shadows here are much better but for the price they ALL have to work so it loses two lippies. One for being so outrageously expensive and the other because one of the shades is unusable.

The compact itself is really large and well-made but surprisingly heavy. Almost too heavy since the same compact is used for their blush, powder, etc so that's alot of weight in your makeup bag if you're a TF devotee. I prefer my compacts more...well, compact so they don't take up so much room but others might prefer this kind of sturdy packaging. Honestly, it's a stretch to give this 3 lippies because its going back but I did love the coordination of colors and the quality of the other three shadows were decent so I guess I'm somewhere in the middle.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2012 9:28:00 AM More reviews by dilllll90

Price is high, but packaging is thus very good, chocolate brown box, chocolate brown suede-feeling cover, chocolate brown palette with gold edge, mirror-shine surface, large mirror inside, and each shadow is of large amount compared to other brands, esp. Chanel. 2 brushes comes within the pack, everything just seems too good to be true.

And the color is not so pleasing, at least does not work on my brown eyes, player several times and go back to Mac-trax right away. I used to adore greenish eye shadows but I guess this palette is not for me.
And what makes me to give it away is the ingredient, 1st in line is talc, check the chemicals website and you will know why I am so against talc, just as my mom tells me if you are done giving birth to kids, use whichever makeup you like, if not, choose carefully.

Ingredients: talc, isonomyl isononanoate, zinc stearate, silica (another 1 I don't like), nylon-12, dimethicone, butyrospermum parkII (shea butter) unasaponifiables, isopropyl isostearate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, pentaerythrityl tetraisostearate, octyldodecyllactate, ascorbyl palmiatate, pca dimethicone, diisostearyl malate, dimethiconol, caprylyl glycol, soybean glycerides, hexylene glycol, trimethylsiloxysilicate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, hydrogenated caster oil hydroxysterate, 1,2-hexanediol, calcium sodium borosilicate, synthetic fluorphlogopite, calcium alumminum borosilicate, synthetic beeswas, zea mays (corn) starch, potassium sorbate, tin oxide, tetrasodium edta, phenoxyethanol, chlorphenesin, [mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, cl, carmine, manganese violet, ferric ammonium ferrocyanide, yellow 5 lake, blue 1 lake, feric ferrocyanide, ultramarines, bismuth oxychloride, chromium oxide greens, chromium hydroxide green. ]

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2012 11:44:00 AM More reviews by daisybanks

I just bought this after having my eyes done at a Tom Ford counter. First off I would say that I am usually very wary of a bold eye - I'm a nude eye girl - but I loved the way this looked. The grey green shade in particular is fantastic. I did however gasp a wee bit at the price - though the packaging is beautiful. I'm going to experiment a bit with this palette then come back and re-review. So far I'm intrigued and am looking forward to playing around with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2012 7:26:00 PM More reviews by NKS

Tom Ford's new palettes were like a dream come true. Extremely pigmented, complimentary shades and an amazing glittery colour in most of them that was the real selling point of the palette.

Can't deny the quality of the packaging. Very classy and sophisticated - it feels nice taking out the smooth well made, scratch resistant cassette like compact from my bag with a nice sized mirror.

Price... extortionate. 62 for each palette. I bought Sahara Haze with my own money and Cognac Sable with birthday vouchers.

The glittery shades go on well with a high colour pay off but the amount of fall out is terrible and it gets worse throughout the day which just makes my make up look cheap and pretty much something I can get from any drugstore brand. The subtle shimmery shades are more reliable but it takes effort to build up the colour to the intensity I want and then much to my dismay they tend to fade throughout the day.

I'm just so disappointed with this line. The colours look amazing, the packaging's great but it just doesn't deliver and is way too expensive. I reckon the colours would look great on lighter skin but they just don't have the intensity or staying power for darker skin tones. I got talked out of 'Burnished Amber' by the MUA by being told that the other two palettes were much more popular. Now I wished I'd stuck to my original choice, but I refuse to fork out more money for another go.

What I would suggest is refrain from impulsive buying and try out the Tom Ford primer and have your eye make up done, walk around all day on a shopping trip and see if you still like it. But also try it with a eyeshadow primer that you use already (take it with you - TF products are way too expensive so if something you already have works, use it!) and try it out similarly. If it works for you, excellent, if not then at least you're not out of pocket like me... sad face...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by liangaf1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been holding off on reviewing this until I gave the quad a few tries. I wanted to be totally in love with this eye shadow, and while it's very good, I'm not sure it's worth $75, even if you do a cost analysis and say that the price per gram is better than Chanel, etc etc. Yes, it's excellent quality, and the pigmentation is decent, and the sparkly shade is impressive in that there's no fallout of glitter, but it's just SO expensive and I really never finish any eye shadow ever so it's just maybe not worth it to me. I chose this quad because my makeup collection has tons of browns, but these colors were interesting - there's a beautiful champagne color, this really interesting grey-green which I think is incredibly unique, a darker forest-y green with gold glitter and a 4th dark matte shade I haven't really used yet. I love the champagne and the grey-green; the champagne is beautiful for highlighting or all-over color, and the grey-green is a beautiful light lid shade. The quad is really nice, I just wonder if I would have purchased it at all had I tried it first in the store. I don't have a store with a TF counter any where close to me, so I would probably wait to consider another one until I'm visiting a city where I can try them out in person. I guess if you want a splurge they definitely qualify, and the quality is very good, just not $75 good. I think the best product in the line is the blush, and I would definitely buy more of those without first trying them! They are fantastic.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2011 3:45:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

Sahara Haze was the one quad that instantly caught my eye. I did like some of the other quads, but found this one to be the most unique in terms of colors. The four colors are: -Sheer Buttery Light Gold; -Matte Gray-Green; -Sparkly Golden-Green; Shimmery Dark Forest Green.

Each of his quads is set up this way, with a highlight, a more flat mid-tone color, a bright sparkle shade, and then a shimmery dark shade. They retail for $75USD each, which is not terrible, considering that would make each sade $18.75, which is cheaper than a Chanel single. It comes in a brown wood-tone plastic compact with shiny gold trim and its own brown velvet pouch. It also comes with a double-end sponge-tip applicator and mini brushes.

The color payoff and pigmentation is great, and the application is very smooth without much fall-out. I don't normally use an eyelid primer, and these colors lasted all day on me. Additionally, I like the versatility of being able to make a smokey eye or to do something more work-appropriate. The darkest shade makes a beautiful eyeliner color when paired with neutral colors on the lid. It's dark enough to define the lashline while adding that extra dimension to my dark brown eyes.

Overall, one of my new favorite quads, and although I don't think I will ever hit pan, I would definitely repurchase if I did. For reference, I have light golden skin with dark hair and eyes.

For a photo of this quad, please refer to the BG website. It appears more green (at least on my monitor) than in person, and you can't really see the shimmer, but just so you can get an idea:
http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod74500048&parentId=cat377806&masterId=cat377803&index=2&isEditorial=false&cmCat=cat000000cat000005cat000017cat10022cat245100cat377803cat377806 continued >>