July 24, 2014 | 2044 users online

Eye Shadow - LORAC - After Party

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by PinkIcing1

This eyeshadow is excellent! The color payoff is amazing - a little goes a long way! The purple color is gorgeous. My complaint is that the packaging was a little bit messed up. I can't really describe it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 3:36:00 PM More reviews by crees

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Fantastic, deep drama for green eyes. I use it as a thick, smudged powder liner on top and bottom lids. Makes my eyes pop. Smooth, lasting, velvety formulation. These shadows are underrated.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2011 1:00:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

After Party is a high quality, smooth, pigment-dense eyeshadow, but it is D-A-R-K.

Another Makeup Alleyer described After Party's color as "exactly the same" as that of MAC's "Bloodline" pigment, and that's fairly accurate. I think "Bloodline" is a bit more brown.

I find After Party easier to work with than "Bloodline," simply because the former is a pressed powder. After Party is still very dark, and an absolute pigment *bomb.* In fact, it looks to me like a slightly shimmery black, with a bit of purple mixed in.

After Party, applied lightly in the crease with the MAC 224, and blended well with UD's blending brush, gives my green eyes an intense smoky look, which is great for some occasions. I like it with MAC Shale on the lid, for a beautiful smokey purple eye.

After Party comes in a clear-lidded screwtop container that's about the same size as the MAC shadow compacts, and is a bit pricey at $19. It's a beautiful, high-quality shadow in a unique color, and I'd buy it again, even though it's not an "easy" shadow.