Alaffia Everyday Shea Moisturizing Shampoo

3.4

on 6/11/2015 6:00:00 PM

I bought a big convenient pump bottle of Vanilla Mint at Jimbo's for $10, which is just fine. I like the ingredients and I like the idea behind the company.

However, I cannot stand the product itself. With any other all-natural shampoo, my hair feels silky right out of the shower and stays clean for 2-3 days. With this stuff, it feels waxy right out of the shower and starts to get greasy after ONE day. Based on the other reviews, it looks like others have experienced this problem as well.

My hair is thick, coarse (Asian) and very healthy. I've been trying to make this shampoo work for 3 weeks and I have officially given up. If I can find the receipt I'm going to return it.

on 2/13/2014 10:54:00 AM

I loved this shampoo for the first few days that I used it. After that, I started to notice that it wasn't rinsing out completely. I rarely use any styling products in my hair and it still wasn't getting it clean. I really like this brand, but I would not use the shampoo again.

on 12/13/2013 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I naturally have thick coarse hair, and lots of it. I've noticed I have a slightly waxy buildup after using this shampoo and conditioner. If I'm curling my hair I like using this product, I feel like it helps the curl stay longer. If I'm straightening my hair I use a different shampoo that does not leave a "waxy" buildup.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I wanted this to work. I love the ingredients. I like the cause. The price is fine with me for such a large bottle... I purchased vanilla mint. I honestly kind of hate the smell for one. Two, it leaves a lot of build up at my roots even with a vinegar rinse following. I ended up purchasing Shea Moisture Shampoo instead but I think that next time I'm at Whole Foods I'll pick up the matching conditioner to this product in a different scent. Since it won't work for my hair but the ingredients are right it's now my handwash. Just an expensive one... but it does leave my hands still soft without overdrying and becoming crusty-dry which is why I can't use sulphates.

on 11/11/2013 9:45:00 PM

I purchased the unscented version of this shampoo and absolutely love it! I was nervous to try it because my friend had used the lavender one and hated it. The unscented one works really really well and has helped get rid of my itchy/flaky scalp problems. It has a really light scent to it that I'm guessing is shea butter and it smells nice. Plus you really can't beat the price!

on 8/29/2013 6:04:00 PM

I'm really trying to love this product as it smells amazing (I bought the lavender) and I prefer to use natural products when possible...BUT this just doesn't get my hair clean. I've tried using a pump for each section of my scalp but I still find that my hair feels heavy and matted up. I have very thick hair which is somewhat fine (meaning I have LOTS of hair) and it may work better for someone with short or thin hair where it could work more easily through the hair.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got platinum blonde highlights in my chin length virgin brown hair a couple weeks ago. I went to the store because I was out of my favourite shampoo, Nature's Gate Daily Herbal Shampoo. I saw this on the shelf and gave it a try. This is now my second favourite shampoo. I gave up on "cones" years ago but I still suffered from red-hot dry flaky itchy scalp. Then I switched to SLS free shampoos and my woes are over. I used this shampoo on my 50/50 bleached and virgin hair and it worked like a charm! Gets my scalp and hair clean without stripping the natural oils. I can even skip conditioner! I bought the vanilla mint variety but they also have a lavender and a coconut variety on their web site. My platinum high lights do not feel any different than my virgin hair.

on 12/13/2011 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Just discovered this amazing product at my local Wegmans. I only use 100% Natural Organic products for my own hair care, which completely stopped my hair-loss, especially after showering. I was stocking-up on my own shampoo and stumbled across this and decided to purchase a HUGE bottle of it for only $9.99 for my husband to see if it would help with his hair-loss problems. In just 3 days of use, there is literally NO MORE HAIR in the shower drain after he showers!! I love the stuff as well and might switch over once my current brand is used-up. I'm anxious to try the corresponding conditioner. I also love how the entire company is created to benefit free trade, 3rd world industry, and other huge blessings for the less fortunate. Learn more about them online when you do a google search for "Everyday Shea." You will be amazed. For the price, the quantity, the quality, the benefits, this stuff is truly an amazing find !!!