July 29, 2014 | 1572 users online

Lips - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter in Sugar Plum

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2014 10:19:00 AM More reviews by MAO

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have to echo the sentiment of the others as this a great MLBB. I also have naturally pale purply-bluish lips and this color makes them look vibrant, moisturized and full looking. It also leaves a slight stain as it wears off. This has quickly become my everyday lippie as it goes with pretty much anything!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2014 1:11:00 AM More reviews by artistokat

These lip butters are simply amazing. Seems like it has an MLBB for everyone! Personally, my favorite is peach parfait. It's just slightly darker than my lips with little gold flecks that I really like, since I often use a gold/brown eye shadow, which makes my brown eyes look lighter. They're reasonably priced, around $7 for a good MLBB with good color turnout and long last wear? Count me in. The packaging is great, I've dropped it a couple of times and the cap didn't crack nor did the lip butter break in half.

Once you first put this lip butter on, it feels a bit thick and sticky, but after awhile your lips absorb it and feel super soft.

I'd definitely recommend this product to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2014 9:22:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

The perfect MLBB as I'm brown but my lips have almost a purpl(ey) undertone (@least that's what my Stepmom & a couple of friends have pointed out for me to my virtually color blind eyes UGH (yes I'm a woman who's pretty much color blind, unusual but I live it). I love the texture, the mix b/n the gloss & balm. Revlon lip butters are what got me off of gloss sticks & into lipstick to begin w/. I've bought Papaya, Pink Truffle, Sweet Tart & Sugar Plum. Stellar products but I only buy them when they're on sale for $6.99 in Toronto as I find you don't get a heck of a lot of product & the small cannister to always conflict w/ the product (as the lippie expands, the cannister obviously does not & it's sorta annoying...Minor but enough to remove 1 lippie. Will & have RE-purchased 7rl times despite this mishap!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2014 6:11:00 PM More reviews by Stellababe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE. The perfect MLBB. I'd tried a handful of colors - from Pink Truffle (read too neutral/brown on my cool skin) to Berry Smoothie (just okay - a little bright), and finally landed on the winner. Sugar Plum is just right - just enough pink, and not too much purple/red. Somehow manages to provide color without being under or overwhelming.

Very happy to have found it, and now hope the color stays in the collection for a loooooong time.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2014 11:55:00 PM More reviews by JustCakey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Sugar plum is a great light (obviously plummy) color. I actually keep it in my purse because I know if I want a little pop of color that still feel comfortable with any color this is a go to for me. It's funny because I'm actually the hugest mauve fan, and while I've never owned a plum lipstick before this is oddly effortless for me to wear. I think this plum color might teeter into a rosey/mauve territory for me. The name plum is a little misleading. It's glittery but not overty though, just a soft shimmer. Moisturizes great and so easy to wear, I would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 9:43:00 AM More reviews by alwayshine14

I think Sugar Plum is my favourite Revlon Lip Butter out of the 4 that I own. It's perfect for younger girls who want a deep lip colour but don't want it to be too overpowering. I love wearing it to sheer out a dark lip liner because it adds the perfect tint & glossiness. It automatically makes your makeup look more put together and its just great. I always find Lip Butters on sale for like 5$ so pick this up & try it out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2014 9:26:00 AM More reviews by DoraZ

This lippie is just altogether TOO gorgeous! It's one of the more "natural" looking Revlon Color Burst lip butter colors. On me it's a beautiful plummy berry color and it's on the sheer side so you can layer it for a more intense look. It's very moisturizing too, I apply it directly to my lips but sometimes I use a lip balm underneath like Burt's Bees Refreshing Grapefruit. One of my favorite things about this lip color is that it doesn't seem to really have much of a smell to it which is great because unless I apply a fruity or minty lip gloss, I'm really not very interested in my makeup having any scent to it. Overall this is a lovely addition to my lip product collection and I use it on a regular basis. LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Calincherie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This lip butter is extremely creamy and moisturizing. I think of it as a highly pigmented balm--it's last moisturizing. The color is a beautiful MLBB plummy pink that is very similar to MAC's Syrup. The packaging is cute--a frosted quilted design that is close to the lip color. My one and only complaint is that I wish the bullet was smaller for more precise application. I've already purchased a 2nd one to have in case they ever discontinue this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 7:17:00 PM More reviews by GreenFruit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm so glad I got this. It is a MLBB on me, and plumy if i really layer it on. Don't let the
plum" scare you, it's very natural looking. No shimmer really. Feels like lip balm.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2013 8:24:00 PM More reviews by KatieP21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been wearing this lipstick everyday for the past few weeks. I tend to stay away from lipstick in general because it's so drying but I can apply this even without putting on a balm first and I don't get that awful drying effect :) The color is a perfect light berry. It's definitely a "my lips but better" shade like other reviewers have mentioned. I enjoy this as much as the Clinique butter shine lipstick and appreciate that there isn't any shimmer. Love the quilted case that matches the lipstick shade. Would definitely help if you had many shades. I'll definitely be repurchasing and trying different colors :) Some people might find this product too soft but I love the texture. It feels like a lip balm but gives the color intensity of a lipstick.

P.S. Nivea lip butter works well underneath for some extra moisture

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No