October 24, 2014 | 912 users online

Powder - Avon - Extralasting Pressed Powder SPF15 translucent

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2012 9:14:00 AM More reviews by rosademarzo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It says "EXTRA LASTING" on the lid. It promises "until 18 hours of shine-free skin". None of the that!! Besides, it makes my face look chalky. Useless product, a big waste of money (it's pricey where I live).

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2012 12:51:00 AM More reviews by diamondustt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The bad: 1.) No separate compartment for the sponge, very unhygienic. 2.) very waxy feel for a powder (due to kaolin) I can even feel the light dusting on my face. Very heavy and clogs up my powder brush with clay.
The good: 1.) perfect dead on perfect yellow in the natural tan color. Its hard to find matches for my tan asian skin. 2.) cute case 3.) light coverage, perfect for setting foundation but adds a little bit to coverage so it has dual functionality. I will not be buying it again though because it just feels so heavy on my face and even though I'm not oily really it tends to make me look exceptionally shiny!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2012 2:15:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am a huge fan of Clinique's Almost powder foundation but thought I would give this a try as it has spf 15 and is paraben free. . I find the extralasting pressed powder to be a crumbly consistency. It gives very light coverage and cakes into fine lines. Am returning this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2012 4:56:00 PM More reviews by fancyfrancie

I have tried many many pressed powders with sunscreen. Most are disappointing. This one, however, is a great find. It has nice pale coverage without looking patchy or ghosty. It's similar in texture to Clinique Almost Powder SPF 15, but this stuff is cheaper, the color is better (fair, not peachy), and it applies more evenly, with zero clumping/oxidizing. I really recommend this powder. It's a bargain and performs brilliantly, with melt-into-your-skin coverage that keeps your face matte without appearing chalky or unnatural.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2011 5:00:00 PM More reviews by kahoo58

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ive been using this as a finishing powder over liquid foundation (Double Wear). This powder is really nice because it is not "powdery" looking on the skin. The texture is somewhat waxy like, but very smooth not sticky I believe this is what makes it last and look fresher on the skin longer. Im NC 15 with dark hair and eyes. The Translucent is perfect for me, not to pink or yellow, nice neutral. If your a NC 20 to NC25, get the light color, this might be too light for you.The powder goes on a bit lighter than it looks in the compact. Surprisingly nice powder, I apply with a skunk brush for light coverage. I normally use Maybelline Fit Me Powder in #120, I think I actually like the Avon one better! Would definitely recommend.