August 29, 2014 | 1740 users online

Mascara - Boots - No7 Lash Adapt

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2014 4:12:00 PM More reviews by jenglund

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I used Maybelline Full N Soft for most of my teenage and early adult life. Then I got on a kick of trying tons of more expensive skin/makeup brands and caught onto the cruelty-free cosmetics train... In my whole buffet of new product tries (dept store, drugstore, and Sephora/Ulta), this is one of only a handful of products I will rebuy over and over. Builds lashes like it says it will, doesn't clump as fast as Clinique High Impact (a close second, though), more volume than any Urban Decay product or mascara from Sephora/Ulta I've tried. The best aspect of this mascara is lash separation with zero clumps--even after 2-3 coats. My eyelashes look like individual little shiny curves :) The length is not bad, either--actually a good trade-off between length and volume (meaning a little bit of both). And Boots does not test on animals. Win!

This mascara gives a slight gloss finish, rather than a matte black. Both the black and blackest black shades are great (can't really tell the difference), even though I am fair with blonde hair. The contrast is pretty nice looking, actually.

Edit: still loving this. Even midway to the end of the tube, it's still performing. Noticed a little smudging under the eyes, but I live in a very humid climate and sweat exacerbates my oily eyelids. Will try a shadow primer, as I've heard that helps...why splurge on mascara when this cheaper one is so great in almost every way that matters?

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2013 3:41:00 AM More reviews by Mummykel25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

When I saw this advertised I had to try it because a mascara that you can build without clumps would be great to actually find, I've tried many that claim this in the past and haven't lived up to my expectations. This one for me does! I tried 1 coat first which did a good job anyway then I went on to add more coats and I didn't get the usual clumpy spider like eyelashes, they stayed clump free and looked really bold and black I love this mascara and unlike a lot of no7 products I've had in this past I will repurchase this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2013 10:18:00 AM More reviews by Kealeighg1291

I love this mascara after receiving it as a Christmas present in a large No7 set.
I have very long, but thin lashes and this does wonders! It doesn't clump, even after multiple applications.
I use it alongside L'Oreal's Volume Million Lashes Excess and the two work perfectly together, they were ment to be!
I'm just starting my 3rd tube since I discovered it Xmas 2012... Slightly more expensive than your average mascara (14) but as I shop in boots regularly I generally have 1 or 2 of those '5 off No7' vouchers laying around which they seem to constantly give out, so I have never actually paid full price for this product. The 5 deduction does bring it down to an avergely priced mascara.
Packaging looks nice, and the writing doesn't fade on the outside as I find with most of my other make up items.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 12:25:00 AM More reviews by bronteisabella

I disagree with most of the other reviews. I find this to be the best mascara I have tried, and I love it! It's my HG mascara (so far).

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2012 7:29:00 AM More reviews by jamster86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I completely agree with the other reviews that say this is more for enhancing your normal lashes rather than for giving a dramatic/false effect. It goes on nicely and looks lovely. BUT, within about half an hour it has started to flake and crumble all over my face. The crumbles turn to smudges when you try to wipe them away, and I quickly ended up looking a lot like a panda. Very disappointing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 1:21:00 PM More reviews by kmc93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I live in Canada, so I can't get this product here and I am dying without it. I purchased it on a whim while in London and it is now my favorite mascara. It is the least clumpy mascara I have ever used, even if you build it up, it stays clump-free. It defines, lengthens and curls, as well as gives you a decent amount of volume.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2012 6:11:00 AM More reviews by Bindi7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Firstly i must say that this is not the mascara for you if you like a thick, spidery lash look. I prefer a more natural look where lashes are not clumped together, but coated for a thicker, natural look with some volume. I have been using this mascara since it was launched in August last year (2011) and so have really had a chance to experiment with it. Initially i wasn't really a fan but persisted with it. I'm really glad i did this as i have now found one of the best mascaras i've owned. The trick with this mascara is to apply gently but to layer each coat.. i apply 1 coat for a no make up look, 2 or 3 coats for a more defined look (work etc) and 4-5 coats for an occassion. I have not experienced flaking or smudging and it comes off easily with eye make up remover or cleanser. Like i said, this is not for you if you like an extreme or false lash look, but perfect for everyday wear and to nicely enhance the lashes you already have. I will continue to repurchase - especially since the 5 vouchers are issued quite often :-)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2011 1:44:00 PM More reviews by LookingGood85

Im glad i didnt buy this, and my mum bought it for me with a 5 off voucher. Its really an average mascara. I dont get the whole name tho. Trying to apply this mascara even 30 mins after applying the last coat it goes clumpy and annoying. Anyhoo, I wore it the second time today and its ok. More of a mascara for the days when you just CBA and go for a low key look.

The brush is a nightmare. I found it overloaded with bristles to the extent that when you pull the wand out of the tube there is little globs of mascara dotted around it which are DESTINED to clump up your lashes if your not careful!

If you want mega volume and length then this really in not the mascara for you!x