October 22, 2014 | 1870 users online

Hair Removal - Sally Hansen - Simple Spa Wax Warmer Kit

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by KuruKc

This is my favorite waxing kit. No strips and the hair ALWAYS comes off. I LOVE it. However I can't find refills anymore. Recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2013 1:56:00 AM More reviews by Hammermkl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love the idea of the warmer but it takes too long to heat up - about an hour. The wax worked well & was good at grabbing the hair but it needs to be applied thick enough to get an edge to pull off. Because of this I spent a lot of time scratching wax off my skin & only got half as much waxing done for the amount that came with the kit. I'd rather deal with strips & cover more real estate in less time.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2012 2:25:00 PM More reviews by lorena08

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I read some reviews before I bought it and didnt expect a good result But then realized I wanted to try it anyway for myself. Its not that expensive, i got it 19.99 with a 25% discount at cvs so was a good deal.i am glad I did. It did take a long time to warm up you definitely don't want to start bikini area until it is all warmed up . I left it on for 40 minutes . I started doing my eyebrows, not a problem it melts thick it's easy to peel off. Now for the difficult part that bikini area, I started left to right, doing very small square patches... It took me awhile , Im not a professional And I got tired But was able to do it! The End result I can say was just like the salon so I save myself money and the Dreaded visit. lol Now I wasn't able to do the whole brazilian Maybe next time when I get better at it I will . Ireally recommended just keep in mind has to be hot do not try and do it when it's not fully warmed And you can tell when moving the wax with a stick if it's gooey or not. it comes with a handfull of sticks you only need one, theres no need for cloth strips just have some baby oil handy. I had a good result with it and look forward to using it in the privacy of my home!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/26/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by plasticwh0re

I just bought this and wished that I had read these reviews beforehand. First of all, the power cord is EXTREMELY short, making it difficult to situate the tin when heating it up. The wax takes forever to heat up and is extremely difficult to get off because it's so sticky.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2012 12:57:00 PM More reviews by pixelprincess

This was the worst and messiest home wax kit I've ever used. I am pretty good at waxing and have used a bunch of other at home waxes and never had one that was this messy. There were some problems with the heating device, but once I pressed the pot firmly into it that was fine. However, that did not stop the wax from being way too runny and getting everywhere. Then, to top it off, this wax did NOT stand up to the coarse hair on my legs or bikini line. I have used a hard wax like this before (Parissa, and a few other brands) and had much better results.

So overall, this was just the worst. It hurt, didn't work, and made a huge mess.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2011 10:34:00 AM More reviews by KateTheKitten

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I decided to be done with shaving 7 or so months ago (I'd always waxed my upper lip anyway). I got professional waxes a few times but it definitely gets expensive, so I started trying home waxes. I've been going back-and-forth on how I feel about this product since I first bought it about 5 months ago. I've bought refills at least twice since then, so there are obviously a few things I like about it.

I know there have been a lot of complaints about the heating device, but I've had no issues with it. Once I sit the refill it in, I wait about 15 minutes -- by then the puck has softened enough that I can sort of flip it over so it continues to melt. Mine's usually melted in 30 minutes at the most that way.

I have had *great* experiences waxing my underarms with this kit. I've used other waxes before and ended up with a yeast infection in my armpit. Disgusting and uncomfortable! This kit takes me about five minutes to do both underarms and does remove most of the hair. And most important, no infections.

Upper lip and brows have been a breeze with this kit for me.

But that's where the goodness ends. I've tried my legs a few times and the wax gets too dry and brittle on them, breaking off all over my floor. No thank you!

And ah, the dreaded pubic hair. I've attempted that area three times and after each have said, "I'm NEVER doing that again!". Some of this is probably user-error, but I have ended up with wax stuck to delicate areas (if that doesn't make you panic, I don't know what will!) and when I've been "successful" I've bruised. Not comfortable or appealing. I've done pretty significant research and do understand how to wax most successfully in this area, always trim first, but still have had minimal success. Bummer.

So I'll continue to buy this product for my facial hair and underarms, but this time I truly am never waxing my pubic hair with it. Or my legs.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2011 11:46:00 AM More reviews by lifeisastory

I loved the idea of this product - the warmer is smaller than a coke can and I like the way the cord is tucked neatly underneath. Unfortunately, this just didn't work for me. At all.

The warmer has issues. I popped the wax container in and forgot about it for about 45 minutes. When I remembered, I went back to look, and the wax hadn't melted at all. It turns out the container wasn't firmly seated in the warmer. It *looked* like it was all the way in, but I guess it wasn't. I pressed it down as hard as I could (there's no "click" or anything to tell you when you've got it inserted properly). It didn't feel like I pressed it in any farther than it was, but it must have made a difference because the wax began to warm up.

The wax itself was no good. It didn't grip the hair at all, so when I pulled it off, no hair came with it. And when I say "no hair," I mean NONE. The wax also became very brittle as it cooled, so it was a mess to remove and clean up - wax crumbs everywhere.