November 29, 2014 | 1527 users online

Fragrances - Caron - N'Aimez Que Moi

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2013 1:59:00 PM More reviews by fergiefergie

Got a decant sample from Lucky Scent. I love rose/voilet scents and expected this one to be a winner, especially with its addition of sandalwood. It's smooth, soft, and lovely. But smooth, soft, and lovely doesn't work well with my dry monster skin that sucks most fragrances into oblivion. I'll stick with my Paris fom YSL. Just wish it had the smoothness of Caron's N'Aimez Que Moi.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2013 11:21:00 AM More reviews by debrsl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Soapy rose and violet. The drydown, however, is very relaxing, comforting and beautiful. I was impressed with how calming it was while shopping; I'd start to stress, catch a whiff and everything would be okay.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2011 7:16:00 AM More reviews by fenlady

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A rose-violet chypre with cedar and sandalwood drydown - what's not to love? I'm another vintage fan who collects Victorian and Art Nouveau jewelry and clothing, when I can afford it! I absolutely love this fragrance, as it seems to transport me into a better, kinder, gentler, nostalgic world, a distillation of all we have lost in the daily hustle and bustle of the 21st century. Fortunately, I can spray on this perfume and feel instantly relaxed and soothed. To me, the rose in this scent is like catching a glimpse of your Beloved as they wander just ahead of you along a forest trail. Sometimes the cedars and violets obscure your view, sometimes a sandalwood tree, but always, there's that magical allure of the rose guiding and enlightening you! Sorry if this is a bit OTT, but I really do love this perfume - I even keep backups for when I run out!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2008 5:30:00 PM More reviews by janebkrn

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This has been reviewed well already, so I will just concur. I hesitated trying this because I was afraid it would be like the other Caron with a similar name and has anise. Not at all! This is exquisite-all soft and cuddly,very lady-like and old-fashioned. It is similar to Or et Noir and Can-Can, but with a stronger violet note.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2008 7:32:00 PM More reviews by talintyre

Divinely soft, cossetting powdery rose and violet perfume. I felt like I was wrapped up in a rose blanket, well better make that a cashmere rose blanket. Protective and at the same time supremely elegant. The powder is exquisite and I'm not normally a fan, and then hours later the gentle sandalwood kicks in, lasts around 9 hours on me. Just can't get enough. My HG of comforting rose perfumes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2008 9:29:00 AM More reviews by MizLiz211

N'Aimez Que Moi - Love only me! - this perfume whispers in my ear. How could I say no? This is one of those perfumes that feels as if it had been designed just for me, nearly 70 years before I was even born. It opens with a lush, creamy rose, later joined by a dark, woody violet - I think of rose and violet cream-filled candies. The drydown is a rich, lingering sandalwood. The story behind N'Aimez is that it was created in 1917, during the First World War, for soldiers to give to their girlfriends and fiancees as a remembrance until the war ended. I bought my first bottle the day after quitting the worst job I've ever had. Either way, it smells of hope, of better days to come. I've gone through two bottles of the parfum already (I bought the refillable glass atomizer) and I plan to go through many more, for as long as Caron keeps making this romantic gem. It is, indeed, love.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2008 5:01:00 PM More reviews by Wyrmiax

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

A rich floral/chypre, definitely old-fashioned, but I love it. Reminds me of French CanCan, but better-blended--the flowers in FCC just seem to sit on top of the base, then quickly disappear. Something in the floral notes also reminds me of Jardins de Bagatelle, but this is quieter. Just stunning.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2008 4:36:00 AM More reviews by Tabby2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an incredible fragrance. I keep smelling my wrist, and the scent is just so precise and dainty, and so much of another time, that sniffing it is like stepping way, way back into the past. It makes me think of loose french braids, a flowing linen nightgown, a mirror-topped vanity table, and a pale blue vase cradling a stunning bouquet of flowers from a gentleman who has "come courting."

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2007 10:50:00 AM More reviews by ayala

N'Aimez Que Moi was created in 1916, int he midst of World War 1, to bring some hope and the promise of faithfulness to the many couples that had to part ways until the war was over.
You don’t need to know all this to enjoy N’Aimez Que Moi gives a sense of intimacy and comfort. Despite the fact that it is in a sense “an old fashioned” scent, it is so well made and artfully blended that it is timeless. N’Aimez Que Mois opens dark and dense, as most Caron perfumes do. The rose is nearly hidden in thorns and darkness of notes of cedar, moss and what seems to be the crying out loud of the Caron base… Slowly but surely, fresh roses start to bloom and open up with dewy petals but an almost green intensity. There is something very convincing and real about them – they are just about as close to true rose as I’ve ever smelled. But the roses don’t stand out on their own. The companionship of candied violets and powdery orris softens the green edge of the blooming roses, with a softness akin to kissing a very soft, freshly powdered cheek. And once you’ve reached the dry down, animalic tonalities of both jasmine and civet* create a sensuality and a sense of intimacy and closeness that lingers even longer than a kiss.

Top notes: Cedar, Rose
Heart notes: Rose, Violet, Orris
Base notes: Civet, Jasmine, Moss

* The drydown is so utterly similar to Joy that I am wondering if N’Aimez Que Moi wasn’t the inspiration for that perfume. However, N’Aimez Que Moi is so much more delicate and wearable for me, with none of the intense sharpness of aldehyde and lily of the valley that Joy attacks me with for the first couple of hours of wear.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2007 7:49:00 PM More reviews by tessture

Powder slightly scented with roses. Smells like those Liddle Kiddle dolls they used to market with perfumed hair. Urk. Very disappointing scent that shows it's age. I wanted to love this for it's notes, it's history and it's mere continued existence, but it is unwearable for me. Smells alternately like old lady perfume or something kids bought for themselves at the five and dime half a century back. (I'm extrapolating on that last one.)