April 19, 2014 | 872 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo 24hr Cream Gel Shadow

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 4:26:00 PM More reviews by harrup

Shockingly good for such a modest price. Lasts all day and won't budge. Make no mistake: these are MAC paintpots at a fraction of the price. And just as good. Definitely worth trying!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 10:43:00 AM More reviews by LogicGunn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was toying with the idea of trying MAC Paint Pots as an eye shadow base, but then I got Timeless Black (matte) as a gift. It wade such a good base, it really made my powder shadow look so much richer and last longer, so I bought 2 more: Turquoise Forever (shimmer) because it looks so good on the promo image and Permanent Taupe (matte) as a base for my Naked Basics palette.

I found the black one needs a lot of precision to be worn alone as a shadow, but the Turquoise one just looks gorgeous and is a little more forgiving. I wear it over the lid with the Taupe one in the crease and the Black one as a liner. It's such a divine colour both in the pot and on the lid.

The taupe one is such a perfect base for my matte browns and lighter colours, but it also looks good alone. I find they need to dry for a couple of minutes, but once they're set they really do last all day without creasing or smudging or flaking.

I think for the price they are an absolute bargain. 5 lippies and I will definitely buy more and replace as they run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 10:52:00 PM More reviews by LizzyBerry

5 lippies for everything! I was wanting a few MAC shadows like this but just don't have the money right now. I kept passing these by but then when I read everyone going crazy over them here I decided to try one. I bought Inked in Pink today and oh my god it's so beautiful!!! My mom saw me wearing it later and thought I had bought something new from Sephora again lol nope. It's almost a champagne-y pink color and I LOVE the shimmer in it, it's just so elegant and regal looking. Definitely gonna try more.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Beautylover1331

These are amazing cream eye shadows!! You can use them as a base or as an eyeshadow by its self

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 8:23:00 AM More reviews by alh011

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Definitely 5 lippies! this review is for Bad to the Bronze colour, a beautiful bronze that looks natural if applied lightly or could be built up for a more bold look.

This does exactly what it claims to do: it lasts, it's budget friendly and applies well. Fingers are best for application, and blend quickly before it sets. Once set it feels exactly like a powder shadow, not at all like some other cream eyeshadows.

Will defiantly repurchase, I just wish there were a few more everyday colours.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 12:25:00 AM More reviews by krmicmac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My HOLY GRAIL of cream eye shadows!!!

I was originally hesitant to buy these in the first place, as my eyes and many cream eye shadows have disagreed in the past, causing watery eyes and for me to lose all my makeup just an hour after application.

Not so with these guys.

I bought Barely Branded (in the Metal Line), Bad to the Bronze, and Tough as Taupe. I do find the Tough as Taupe to tend to the drier side, but have a LOT of luck with Barely Branded....maybe because of the shimmer? I tend to pair the Barely Branded with Bad to the Bronze in my crease as a very easy go-to look on days where I need a fairly natural, but glam look that can survive hot and cold extremes. This stuff really does stay on all day too! I've been seriously impressed by how my eyes look compared to the rest of my makeup by the end of the day. I have also used these as a base for my powder eye shadows, knowing that when the powders fall away by the end of the day, I still have shadow on.

They are also easy to apply once you get the hang of it. Use your fingers! Let the warmth of your skin warm the shadow into place. If you use a brush to apply these guys you will struggle, but they glide on easily if you go with your ring finger (and be sure to wash your hands afterwards!) Also....this product has lasted longer than I though. I've had them for almost half a year and still have 2/3rd of the pot.

I am considering adding one of the pink shades to my collection, I love it so much.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 3:02:00 PM More reviews by katyrenae16

I have been using Bad to the Bronze for a few months now and I absolutely LOVE it. The color pay-off is amazing, very pigmented, good coverage, doesn't smudge or crease. I apply using my finger because I feel like it goes on easier but I am definitely repurchasing. I wear it every single say and haven't had a problem at all!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2014 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Peskypixie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I freaking love these. I avoided them for a while, after all no drugstore cream product has ever lasted on my skin. Tried and now I'm in love! Works great as a color enhancing base or as a simple wash / smudgy crease during the summer with a hint of a liner and a dusting of MUFE hd powder to set. They don't work on me as a base I still have to use UDPP or TFSI first, but with primer and something else to set will stay creaseless and vivid all day. Great replacement fom my MUFE Aqua Cream as a base.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 11:56:00 PM More reviews by vic3toriac

Color Tattoo is my go to product for ANY eye look! Today, I own three colors: Shady Shores (limited edition, beige with a faint green undertone), Painted Purple, and Color Tattoo Metals in Gold Rush. Each shade is great on their own. They last for hours and they are great as bases too! As bases, I use powder shadows on top with liner and they last from morning to night! That is a lot to say considering how oily my lids are! Keep in mind that the Metals shadows have shimmer in them. That means it's harder to wash off since the formulation is the same (much like glitter nail polish). But if you use a good makeup remover, that's not a problem at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2014 8:20:00 AM More reviews by Adhara

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

FULL MARKS on everything!!! this is beautiful, budget-friendly and easy to use, which is everything i ask for in an eye shadow. the first time i saw the color tattoo i thought they were way too bold for me, but after reading more reviews i dove in and got "bad to the bronze"/"on and on bronze" and guys, it's love. you can go as big as you want with it but it also looks great with just a little bit, for a more natural look. i thought the shine would look weird on me but it's as natural as can be, and i can't wait to get my hands on more of these. i used a primer, because i have very oily eyelids, and then blended some UD eye shadow from the naked basics palette, and had my eyes done in under 5 minutes.

I WANT MORE!