October 22, 2014 | 930 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo 24hr Cream Gel Shadow

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2014 1:33:00 AM More reviews by QueenofCats

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have the purple and blue eyeshadow in these. First of all, the colors look amazing in the pot, but I found they weren't all that bright or as pigmented as I'd hoped. I found that getting them out of the little pots was a bit harder than I expected, although using a brush definitely helps! I did have trouble putting it on my eyelids, as they're thick when they go on the eyelids (although that could just be me). Overall, for what I paid ($8 NZD) it was a good buy, but I don't think I'll buy them again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2014 4:44:00 AM More reviews by Sarahdawson2006

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the shade pink gold.
It stay put for around ten hours but creases and loses pigmentation after six.
Price is good but I have had my product for a month and it is already drying out

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2014 8:11:00 AM More reviews by holaitsstephxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This eyeshadow is really nice, and stays put for a very long time! I have the shade 'On and on bronze' which seemed quite a bit darker that what I thought it was going to be when I applied it, but I do really like this. I have blue eyes, and so this colour compliments my eyes well. It stays out all day long, it does fade a little but most of the colour stays which I do think is impressive for me as I have oily eyelids and I don't use a primer. I'd like to try out more shades, and they are only 5 each which is reasonable for the quality and the fact they stay put for so long! I would recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2014 2:33:00 PM More reviews by artsyone76

I wanted to find something Gold for Halloween, a nice Gold and Black eye, so I decided to try Color Tattoo. I must say, I really liked it. It went on, stayed put, is build-able so the colour intensity is variable. I layered my powder shadows and eyeliner over it with ease, and noticed it really brought out the colours nicely.

I did notice gold glittery flakes all over as the day went on, which disappointed me for daytime use. But had I been going out in the evening I would not have minded so much.

Taking it off was no problem compared to most other water proof/resistant makeups. I must say I am anxious to try some of the other colours.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2014 11:03:00 PM More reviews by HotPozzum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Soooo disappointed in this one! I must have quite greasey eyelids and have searched forever for something that will stay put all day in the office. Saw Tough As Taupe on sale in Wollies for $AU8 and read positive reviews here so thought this would be the answer to my prayers! Alas not...

Goes on nicely and colour is ok - perhaps more greyish than brownish. I used ELF eyelid primer as usual but less than 2 hours later it's already started creasing. By lunch it's mostly worn off in large patches or migrated to the crease. I work in an airconditioned office and never touch my eyes! Sob...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2014 9:56:00 PM More reviews by joiseygirl27

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have super oily eyelids & this shadow lasted 6 hours on me (with Nars eyeshadow primer underneath) before melting & creasing. I need / expect my eye makeup to last longer than that so I won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2014 2:53:00 PM More reviews by Catfink90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Absolutely love these, once they are on they do NOT budge and will make any powder shadows you put on top super pigmented and long-wearing. My only gripe is that I wish Maybelline would release more shades so I can buy them (more mattes that aren't limited edition please!!)

TIPS: Once you apply this, it sets fast! Apply less than you need and blend quickly, you can always add more as this product is buildable. I usually use my fingers to apply, I'm sure a good synthetic brush would work too but I just feel more control with my fingers.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/28/2014 5:36:00 PM More reviews by shoppingproblem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I dont like this product for some reason. I used it three times when i bought and did not use it for months. I have the bronze color and i think most of the colors are so shimmery that it looks tacky. When i applied it on my hand to try it was really really hard to remove but on eyelids it doesn't last very long without primer. At the same time it is impossible to blend. Everytime i use it i found myself irritating my lids. Packaging is good and i guess it's an okay product for drugstore. Not buying again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2014 9:30:00 AM More reviews by MUenthusiast

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product is uhhhh-mazing! This is the first time I've tried a cream eyeshadow and totally loving it. I have shades Bad to the Bronze and Tough as Taupe. Bad to the Bronze is a coppery colour with some shimmer and it looks great on it's own or mixed with darker shades for more definition. It's easy to use, I normally apply it with my fingers and I think this works just perfectly. It's about $16 per pot but quite worth the price I would say. Colour really pigmented and buildable. Super love

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2014 6:11:00 PM More reviews by blatantdream

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not reviewing any particular color because I haven't come across any that I don't like yet. I also didn't give it 5 lippies because I've had mine for only around 4 months and they have started to dry out so something could be done about the packaging.

These shadows are budge proof. They don't move on my lids where as with regular shadows I have to use a primer and after about 8-10 hours they start to crease on me. The key for me to keeping these form moving is to just close my eyes and let them dry before I go do anything else. With that said they are the last step in my makeup process. I do not use a primer with these.

The glittery ones do have fallout which annoys me. They need to come out with more shades that don't contain glitter and make them permanent. Shimmer is ok, but the glitters, they get everywhere and are a pain to clean up.

I find after a few initial uses, they do get harder and harder to apply with a brush. In the beginning they were very creamy and smooth, super easy to apply and glides over lids with ease. They dry fast, on the lids and in the pot. Now I have to warm up the shadow a little before applying to make them a bit more creamy so they don't tug and pull as I apply them. I don't like to use my fingers as some people have suggested even though the heat from my fingers would probably make application easier.

If you find them on sale and can couple them with a coupon, you can get some great deals and are so worth it. Also some places like big lots carry some of the older colors that were limited edition and discontinued. I wouldn't pay full price for them since they range somewhere from $6-8 per pot of shadow.