Coastal Scents Bionic Flat Top Buffer

4.6

on 7/25/2015 12:35:00 PM

This is not the perfect foundation brush. Atleast not for me. Though it is dense, the bristles are just way too long. So that when you move it in circular motions on your face, you feel like you don't have enough control. It leaves a streaky finish. I always have to go back with my fingers to smooth everything out. Also the shape is a little odd and you can't maneuver it around the nose and in between the eyebrows effectively.
I also tried using it for powder but it is a little too dense for that and leaves a cakey finish.
At this price point, the RT expert face brush and the new elf ultimate blending brush are much better options.

on 7/23/2014 6:42:00 AM

This is my HG brush for liquid foundation. Since my first use of it, I've never ever touched any of my other foundation brushes again. It gives a super silky smooth finish and saves a lot of time. The bristles are so dense the brush hardly absorbs any extra product, so your foundation may last you longer.

Will definitely repurchase!!

on 12/9/2013 11:41:00 PM

Where in the world has this brush been all my life?!?!?! I got it on sale but am ordering backups at full price. This thing is SO worth the money! I use Revlon Colorstay or Kat Von D Lock It and the brush melds them both with my skin perfectly ... No streaking, no hairs all over my face, I use WAY less product and it cut my foundation routine down to nothing. The makeup just looks and feels better on my skin. I even like it better than my Jamie Kern and that's saying a lot about this brush! It's extremely dense and soft at the same time. Oh yes, I'm in love with it!!! lol

on 1/20/2013 4:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

No idea why I bought this cause I don't pack on foundation that much.

I like it for its softness and even application. Use it during the last step to even out my application.
Using it for blusher too.

So cheap I didn't mind using it wrongly. Ha~

on 9/3/2012 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I use this brush everyday for my liquid foundation. It's very soft and easy to use for liquid and powder make ups.

on 5/20/2012 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought this on sale from Coastal Scents and I wish I had bought a backup of this brush. It buffs the foundation in so quickly, no streaks. Cuts down application tip and gives a really nice finish. I used to use a double fibre stippling brush but it does not come close to this. Wish I had a spare for when mine is drying. Its dense but sift at the same time. Takes a

on 4/3/2012 9:00:00 PM

Wonderful blender brush for cream highlighter,foundations, bronzers - which could be used as an application brush as well.
The hairs are dense and not packed too loosely which is great. I'm sure there are comparable brushes from Elf (studio powder brush) or other makers, but this one stands alone. Its $10.89 including shipping from coastalscents.com. I highly recommend you purchase to add to your collection, it won't disappoint.

on 4/2/2012 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I do not find this brush to be any different than the $3 ELF Powder brush so why bother spending the extra money? Don't get me wrong, I actually love Coastal Scents--I like the brushes & the brand as a whole. Plus, this brush is soft, dense, & works well as a buffer or even a stippling brush. Can also be used for powder or even liquid foundation. I just don't think it's worth the extra money over ELF. I'd hate to think what kind of money other people are spending on these types of brushes. Nothing bad but nothing special in my opinion.

on 3/27/2012 3:48:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Absolutely love this brush for liquid foundation! Before, I used to use a lot of product and my fingers to blend, now I need only a few drops and this brush buffs and blends to a natural, smooth finish which I love.

It doesn't shed during use or after washing either.

Definitely recommend this! It has been and is currently on clearance so now would be a great time to pick it up.

on 3/15/2012 9:46:00 AM

I use this brush every day. It works wonderful with liquid foundation & powder. It blends in your liquid beautifully & if you're using it with powder it will give you a beautiful flawless application. Its a soft, but dense enough at the same time. It has NEVER once shed on me & the price is pretty awesome too. I just saw on Coastal Scents this went to clearance, I'd love to pick up another one!

Top Rated Coastal Scents Products