April 19, 2014 | 1055 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter - Fig Jam

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2014 6:34:00 PM More reviews by trickmaus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wow. I didn't know how much I would love this lipstick.

While I'm a huge fan of lip colour, I'm also very prone to low maintenance makeup, things that I can apply and forget. But I was in need of a random pick me up, and this had fabulous reviews, so I dubiously bought this dark little tube of lipstick, hoping that it wouldn't be TOO dark on my incredibly fair skin.

When I applied it, I couldn't believe how amazing it looked. The colour is incredibly sheer, so even as pale as I am, it doesn't look like too much...someone else called it a "vampy natural" look, which I didn't even realize was a thing. But it is, and it's this lipstick. Now, this doesn't last well at all...but that's not really the goal of the product. It feels lovely on my lips, not at all drying, and makes me feel kinda sexy :) highly recommended for pale types!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by macshine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

One of the few lip butters that wasn't overhyped!

Not only is this my favorite Revlon Color Burst Lip Butter, it's one of my top 5 favorite lip products, HANDS DOWN. (I've gone through 2 tubes and halfway through my 3rd) Like all the lip butters, it's great' easy makeup. It glides on easy, it's smooth, not sticky, and if you trust yourself enough, you could do it without a mirror. It moistens more so than other pigmented lip color products nut not as much as a dedicated balm. The color starts off sheer, but it's buildable.

The best thing about Fig Jam though is the color! In the tube, it looks like a deep rusty brown, almost like red clay. Swatched on your skin, the color appears to be a sheer dark red, maybe brick-like with some plum tones. On the lips, Fig Jam comes off as natural, but dark. It's striking. I call it my "vampy without trying too hard" lip color. It's just a sexy yet natural looking plum-red.

I can only think of two cons for this product. The first is that, like all lip butters, they're not long lasting. Which is fine, they don't claim to be long lasting, so I just throw it in my bad and reapply it throughout the day, but this leads me to my next problem. When I first use lip butters, they're fine, but once I get halfway though the tube, especially if I travel with them, they get SO MESSY in their own packaging. It gets difficult for me to apply without getting lipstick all over the silver tube, which then get's smudged over the inside of the cap. On warmer days, the consistency of the lipstick can get softer, and more pliable, which makes it even messier, but these are minor issues, and have no effect on my love for this product and shade.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 4:08:00 PM More reviews by carling

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Revlon lip butters have become a holy grail product for me. I have just about every color with Fig Jam, Creamsicle, and Gumdrop as my 3 faves. I love my lipstick, but rarely wear it in the winter season. because the Chicago weather wrecks havoc on my poor lips. I have to use EOS lip balm, Vaseline, and humidifiers everyday to combat chapped lips.

What makes the Revlon Lip Butters special is they moisturize and sooth like a lip balm, but they are very pigmented like a lipstick, yet they impars shine like a lip gloss. I actually apply a little EOS balm before applying my lip butter. Again, my lips are super dry in the winter, so these babies are a Godsend for me. This one product that I HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2014 2:17:00 PM More reviews by rhody

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This and Candy Apple are the only lip butters I've tried that I really like (the others ones I've tried Pink Truffle, Berry Smoothie, Creme Caramel, and Tutti Frutti, and they are all really overhyped in my opinion). As others have commented, this looks really dark in the tube but goes on a nice rich brownish red. It could be compared to Clinique Black Honey. Texture is wonderful - rich but not sticky, shiny but not shimmery, smooth and comfortable.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2013 7:03:00 AM More reviews by kayci21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of my favourite colours of the range. It's a brownish red that looks like a deep red on my lips (more of a "mature" look, good for autumn/winter). It glides on smoothly. Not that long-lasting or moisturising, and costs a bit more than what I'm willing to pay for here.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 10:11:00 AM More reviews by Pambryant

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a very nice color-it looks scary in the tube, but it applies quite sheer (but can be built up for more color).

It's a warm burgundyish plum...and it looks good on me, and I have red hair. I don't think this is "brown", but it is warm enough to wear if you normally can't wear plums, and it's not so bright that it looks garish.

Applied lightly, it's a nice sheer warm plum MLBB color. I like to add a little more, and it really brightens up my face.

The smell is very faint, and reminds me of MAC lipsticks.

I can wear this as a lip balm, and find it a little moisturizing with great staying power. It feels just the slightest bit sticky, but not enough to complain about.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2013 2:47:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

Holy Moly, I love this lip butter. Lip butters are seriously allowing me to venture into lipstick colors that I would never try. I am more of a nude and pink lipstick woman due to my light complexion. But the sheer-ness of these butters gives me the color payoff of a dark brown without feeling like I am smacking people in the face.

The main reason I purchased this lipstick was as a dupe for Clinique Almost lipstick in Black Honey. I heard so many raving reviews that I was starting to feel left out. This one is more of a brown undertone than the currant one of Black Honey. I like that the lip butter glides on smoothly and leaves a glossy but not sparkly shiny finish. I feel as if I have just eating a fig and gotten some natural coloring on my lips. It makes for more of a natural makeup look than something bold, fashion forward, or sexy.

Overall, I love this lip butter. I got it on BOGO 50% off. So it came out to $6 a lipstick. I will re-purchase this color. Hate the packaging- cute but difficult to open.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2013 8:28:00 AM More reviews by catnip777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am a fan of the Revlon lip butters. As others have noted, these are NOT full coverage lipsticks. I look at them as tinted lip balms. So yes, as with most lip balms, you may have to reapply if you want the full look. I also like these because the color can be built up.

Fig Jam is a great fall color. It's a brickish, brownish, reddish color. It's a good color if you're just beginning to wear darker colors. I really like this color and would definitely buy again. So I'll add this to my favorites of the Revlon Lip Butters. The other nice thing with this line is that everyone should be able to find a color that suits their look. There is a wide variety of colors and they are at a good price point. Often, they can be found on sale, most recently I found these on sale at Meijer for under $4. Can't beat that!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2013 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Kica

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I must admit when I first tried this on yesterday, I was not all that impressed with the color on me nor the color payoff payoff. Then I realized I had to get out of lipstick mode and more in the pigmented more than most lip balm mode and for THAT this is really good. It just may be my MLBB product because this morning when I applied it after all of my other makeup it looks very pretty. I took a lippie off because you do have to reapply often and even though I answered yes to the buy again question, my TRUE answer is 'maybe'.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2013 2:21:00 PM More reviews by mrlincoln

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't like the formula of Clinique's almost lipstick, you feel it just sitting on top of your lips. Revlon's formula I love, it really hugs your lips, spreads easily and feels plumping. Fig jam is a translucent brownish brick-red with mauve tone sparkles. It has the same sparkles in it as Pink Truffle and I think that's why I love them both. I only grab colors that have dimension to them, I won't blend a lipgloss, lipliner and lipstick to get the right shade. I also do better with shades that are not just one flat color.