August 21, 2014 | 987 users online

Fragrances - Comptoir Sud Pacifique - Coeur de Raisin

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2010 1:52:00 AM More reviews by Lisaandtheword

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

elegant floral soap w tinge of raisins.. scrubber!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2007 11:38:00 AM More reviews by lilacterp

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

While Coeur de Raisin is a wearable and nice scent, it lacks certain characteristics that make a perfume a good one for me, in my view. It's missing a warmth and sweetness that I enjoy in my perfumes. It is very pleasant and fresh, with a fruity-floral sweetness that may be perfect for hot summer days or cool spring afternoons. There is a perfumeyness to it that possibly gives it the boozey quality it has. At times it almost becomes a soapy scent, but then the grapes and wine come through to dominate again. There is a hint of musk, too. I also smell red roses, much more than the supposed iris, magnolia, and jasmine that is supposed to be here. I do detect a note of grapefruit, especially in the very beginning. The raspberry, as well as the other notes, if they're perceptible in here at all, are rather shy. Coeur de Raisin is mostly a rose and wine (made of grapes) fragrance. Nothing really raisin-y about it, except that the heart of the raisin was once the heart of the grape. Coeur de Raisin has been renamed Princesse Muscat, but I am not sure if the current reincarnation is the same exact scent as the former Coeur de Raisin. I have found different sets of notes for Coer de Raisin as compared to Princesse Muscat, so it is not quite clear. The original comes in a 2 oz frosted white glass bottle with red writing. NOTES: Notes for Coeur de Raisin: Grapes, Blackberry, Raspberry, Peach, Noisette, Jasmine, and Lilly.
NOTES for Princesse Muscat: Top Notes: Bergamot, Grapefruit, Cassis, Raspberry, Middle Notes: Rose, Jasmine, Magnolia, Iris, Base Notes: Grape, Raspberry, Sandalwood, Musk. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2005 12:45:00 PM More reviews by SwtStrawb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've tried many a CSP fragrance (samples and swaps) and this is one of the 2 that I kept. (The other being Les Enfants Du Soleil) This is a very fruity or to be more specific berry fragrance. Anytime I wear it I get a compliment. Love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2005 2:26:00 PM More reviews by dreamstorm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well, this certainly does smell, appropriately enough, like raisins. Chewy, brown *and* white raisins (which lend a slight gourmand caramel/vanilla-ish base), accompanied by their fresher counterparts, winey red and green grapes. It is unusual, but not really for me, even without the fact that it has a rather peturbing perfumey accord attatched to it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2004 12:17:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

One of the most delicous and complex fruit-based fragrances I have found.

I detect not only grape and red-berry notes, but floral and currant twangs as well.

Not cloying, yet sweet.
Airy on the dry-down.

CSP is expensive stuff - but, in my opinion, worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2004 10:56:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I fell in love with the unique scent of this one. I can't describe it well ,cause its so particular...It's both sweet and sour at the same time. The only thing that I don'T like is the fact that it semms to stay on my skin for less than an hour. Too bad ,cause I really like it and this is why I won't repurchase it again...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2004 3:10:00 AM More reviews by AnnetteL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This really reminds me of YSL Baby Doll - not so much in scent, but in spirit. They're both light, fruity scents that are somewhat sweet but also have a alluring, tart quality. The most prominent notes on me are grape and raspberry. Lasts well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2003 10:54:00 PM More reviews by ChaiBliss

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wish this smelled like wine or grapefruit on me! Instead it smells like a somewhat basic blend of berries. I like it quite a bit, and find myself wearing it a lot more often than I originally thought I would, but it's not a true favorite. It's not a particularly unique scent, but for a CSP fragrance, it's remarkable because it lasts for hours - something they need to work on with their other scents! A nice, albeit dull, but wearable fruity scent that I'll probably finish up but wouldn't repurchase. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2003 11:23:00 AM More reviews by Aislin

Beautiful !!

Coeur de Raisin ( or now Princesse Muscat) is one of the better fragances of CSP. It a very unusual blend or flowers and fruits : berries, grapes, lily and rose.

it's sweet and fruity, but not overpowering at all : it's very unusual and complex blend. I'm usually disappointed with CSp because of the plain drydown, but this one won its 5 lippies...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2003 9:50:00 AM More reviews by Camay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am surprised that I like this-- especially since I'm usually into the woody, spicy and sporty scents. This scent is fruity and romantic, but not overpowering. It's a perfect scent to wear on a date. I don't smell the wine that others commented on. Mostly smells like berries and grapefruit on me. It's yummy. I'm buying this one ASAP.