Bare Escentuals READY SPF 15 Touch Up Veil

3.7

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 12%. Inactive Ingredients: Alaria Esculenta Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Bambusa Arundinacea Stem Powder, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Boron Nitride, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Cananga Odorata Flower Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetyl Phosphate, Coco-Caprylate, Corallina Officinalis Extract, Geraniol, Iron Oxides , Jojoba Esters, Lauroyl Lysine, Linalool, Mica, Silica, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Zinc Oxide

I adore this velvety powder. Hides redness and spots very well. Super matte, no oil. Love it!

on 5/9/2015 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

As someone with very sensitive skin that is very prone to pimples, I am one of those people who are very skeptical about big claims....I have endless pore issues, and i have tried A LOT of VERY expensive powders (NARS, LAURA MERCIER, Make up for ever, MAC, Cle de peau) and while they were OK, they were not really giving me the flawless finish that is everybody's standard these days. One day I was playing around with my warmth bare minerals all over face color that I LOVE so much, and then decided to venture to other products, and that's when I found the mineral veil. I watched the videos and they looked SO amazing, the models (who are ordinary everyday people)'s before and after of applying the mineral veil was a HUGE difference!!! AND, this isn't even a foundation- it's a TRANSLUCENT powder, which made me believe , wow, a setting powder can be SO much more important than a foundation!

I tried this and I fell IN LOVE. The powder is so finely milled, and for once I look close to flawless, because it takes away that nasty oily shine I have. Love it........I can't go without this powder.

I cant stand the medical smell it has. It doesnt kick up a lot of powder which is good. This is not great at keeping you matte. It gives you the famous mineral veil polished finished look (blurred pores and lines, lack of cakey or powdery look). But I will be oily again in less than two hours after a touch up.

on 9/25/2014 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Just finished up my deluxe sample from Sephora Summer kit. It's an okay setting powder. I find I get the same results with a CoverGirl pressed powder compact. Save your pennies, and don't splurge on this average pressed powder.

Sets both my BB creams and standard liquid foundation. Can look chalky with applied with a heavy hand. Best technique is to use a puff and pat/roll/push onto face.

I use to use their mineral loose powder foundation and veil a few years back, I now prefer my bb creams/liquids again.

on 8/25/2014 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really like this product. It doesn't mattify too much, and leaves my BB cream looking dewy and natural. I gently press a small amount of the translucent powder over my BB cream, using the Real Techniques powder brush. I am fair skinned so I don't have the problem of this looking chalky, but I can see why other people are having that issue. Most likely they are packing too much on or using it alone. This is a veil, it is meant to be used in a very light layer as a finishing powder. The only thing I dislike is the scent, but it is light and doesn't stick around. I will likely use this product a long time.

I finally finished this powder it lasted me about 8 months and it was ok it wasn't anything to rave about.. It would mattify for a few hours but then I'd get all oily and it just wasn't cutting it for me but it sets liquid foundation nicely for like the first 3 hrs then it all just goes to hell afterwards!

on 11/21/2013 4:52:00 PM

I get told a lot that my skin looks very dry after putting this on, which kind of takes away from the whole nice, finished look. It does seem to keep my liquid makeup on a TAD longer and I do like the tint. However, it probably is best for people who aren't too pale. I can't put too much on otherwise the colour difference is obvious. It ends up as an orangey-yellow against white.

on 6/21/2013 5:18:00 PM

I am really impressed with the tinted version of Touch Up Veil. I originally bought the translucent version and whilst natural it leaves my skin looking a little too white. I'm already fair skinned so I don't want to look any paler! I opted for the tinted version and it is fantastic. I was a bit apprehensive about the tinted version in case it was too orange however I had no need to worry. It looks very natural on my skin tone. I apply it with a Bare Minerals brush as opposed to the sponge applicator included so that I get a nice, light finish. It definitely makes my skin look healthier and creates a natural glow. I apply it over a light coverage cream foundation and concealer and it provides the perfect setting powder. As the name suggests it is also great for touching up make up throughout the day. The compact also includes a really handy full size mirror and the SPF is a bonus.

on 6/19/2013 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had seen positive reviews of this product on YouTube and decided to try it as it's a bit cheaper than my favorite Dior powder. I really like that it contains SPF and the packaging is lovely, but within a couple days of using this product, I started to break out. I have never gotten pimples on my forehead, cheeks, or jawline before, only the occasional blemish on my chin, but this product caused a huge breakout all over my face. I'm getting close to thirty, and showing up at work to treat my patients with a face full of pimples is the last thing I want or need. Had I kept the receipt, it would have gone straight back to Ulta!

I wish this wasn't so damned expensive. I prefer it over the regular mineral veil (which I also really like) as it is more of a natural finish. It looks silky, not in the least bit 'glowy' and never powdery, but not totally matte either. I absolutely love it and if my budget allows I'll buy the mini version again in a heartbeat. The compact is also very practical as opposed to the regular container.