October 24, 2014 | 1383 users online

Pressed Powders - Bare Escentuals - READY SPF 15 Touch Up Veil

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2014 10:40:00 AM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Just finished up my deluxe sample from Sephora Summer kit. It's an okay setting powder. I find I get the same results with a CoverGirl pressed powder compact. Save your pennies, and don't splurge on this average pressed powder.

Sets both my BB creams and standard liquid foundation. Can look chalky with applied with a heavy hand. Best technique is to use a puff and pat/roll/push onto face.

I use to use their mineral loose powder foundation and veil a few years back, I now prefer my bb creams/liquids again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2014 6:48:00 PM More reviews by mandaliz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this product. It doesn't mattify too much, and leaves my BB cream looking dewy and natural. I gently press a small amount of the translucent powder over my BB cream, using the Real Techniques powder brush. I am fair skinned so I don't have the problem of this looking chalky, but I can see why other people are having that issue. Most likely they are packing too much on or using it alone. This is a veil, it is meant to be used in a very light layer as a finishing powder. The only thing I dislike is the scent, but it is light and doesn't stick around. I will likely use this product a long time.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2014 9:49:00 PM More reviews by StupidUserNames

I finally finished this powder it lasted me about 8 months and it was ok it wasn't anything to rave about.. It would mattify for a few hours but then I'd get all oily and it just wasn't cutting it for me but it sets liquid foundation nicely for like the first 3 hrs then it all just goes to hell afterwards!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2013 4:52:00 PM More reviews by Whiteday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I get told a lot that my skin looks very dry after putting this on, which kind of takes away from the whole nice, finished look. It does seem to keep my liquid makeup on a TAD longer and I do like the tint. However, it probably is best for people who aren't too pale. I can't put too much on otherwise the colour difference is obvious. It ends up as an orangey-yellow against white.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by grian

I am really impressed with the tinted version of Touch Up Veil. I originally bought the translucent version and whilst natural it leaves my skin looking a little too white. I'm already fair skinned so I don't want to look any paler! I opted for the tinted version and it is fantastic. I was a bit apprehensive about the tinted version in case it was too orange however I had no need to worry. It looks very natural on my skin tone. I apply it with a Bare Minerals brush as opposed to the sponge applicator included so that I get a nice, light finish. It definitely makes my skin look healthier and creates a natural glow. I apply it over a light coverage cream foundation and concealer and it provides the perfect setting powder. As the name suggests it is also great for touching up make up throughout the day. The compact also includes a really handy full size mirror and the SPF is a bonus.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by MsElla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I had seen positive reviews of this product on YouTube and decided to try it as it's a bit cheaper than my favorite Dior powder. I really like that it contains SPF and the packaging is lovely, but within a couple days of using this product, I started to break out. I have never gotten pimples on my forehead, cheeks, or jawline before, only the occasional blemish on my chin, but this product caused a huge breakout all over my face. I'm getting close to thirty, and showing up at work to treat my patients with a face full of pimples is the last thing I want or need. Had I kept the receipt, it would have gone straight back to Ulta!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

I wish this wasn't so damned expensive. I prefer it over the regular mineral veil (which I also really like) as it is more of a natural finish. It looks silky, not in the least bit 'glowy' and never powdery, but not totally matte either. I absolutely love it and if my budget allows I'll buy the mini version again in a heartbeat. The compact is also very practical as opposed to the regular container.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2013 4:05:00 PM More reviews by MFleetwood

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought the tinted version and still can't really justify my purchase.

It's a good setting and touch up powder with a great natural finish. At about NC35/40 I see a color payoff, and it will adjust the coloring of your makeup towards red, giving a tanned and maybe sunburnt coloring. Which I like, given my foundation is a bit yellow at the moment.

With that aside, It's container is probably the only factor keeping this product in the pocket at this point. It's incredible, and one giant leap towards a great direction. I've got too many beaten and broken cases to attest to that; everything from l'oreal to chanel, and not a lovely, durable, and rubberized case between them.

Really should've been a matter formulation, I found myself blotting more than usual. Plus all the natural oils and extracts give it an off-putting manufactured and medicinal odor. I don't see the point to such a lovely compact with a natural finish and a scent reminiscent of one of my grandma's ointments.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2013 2:39:00 PM More reviews by mmfoy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had used the original Mineral Veil, and thought it was just fine. However, when I tried the new Ready Foundation, I found it washed me out despite being a color that matched my skin perfectly. I decided to try the Tinted version of this Mineral Veil underneath the Ready Foundation and WOW, my Ready Foundation no longer makes me look like a ghost! Everything looks incredibly natural, and the staying power of my foundation has been increased exponentially. I can almost go a whole day without touching anything up!

I'm very impressed with this, especially as a very fair-skinned person. The tinted adds just enough warmth to my face to make my foundation look very natural. I've already purchased a back-up for my current compact!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2012 5:40:00 AM More reviews by Victoriajane89

I keep this in my handbag and take it everywhere with me. It is a great touch up and you don't need to reapply foundation after using this. It reduces the oilyness of the skin and overall GREAT!

I have this in tinted as I have darker skin and thought I would get more coverage than the translucent!