December 19, 2014 | 1561 users online

Fragrances - Avon - Secret Fantasy Star EDT

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2012 5:42:00 AM More reviews by ShellyMum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a pleasant enough scent. It's smells of sweet fruit and vanilla. It has average staying power (3 hrs?) and mild/average projection. I don't believe scents should have a certain age group put on them, however, it is probably slightly more appealing to a younger crowd. I prefer the overall scent of this one to the original Secret Fantasy. I would probably spritz a bit of this on a hot day at home when I'm in the mood for a refreshing fruity scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2012 12:26:00 PM More reviews by Shwets

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is what i wanted BS Fantasy to be! It is softer without the tart fruit/kiwi and lack of musk. In addition no headache with this and fab price!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2011 6:14:00 AM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

The first thing you should know about SECRET FANTASY STAR is that it has powdered vanilla notes from top notes to base, so if you don't like sweeter fragrances don't bother looking twice at this. The mandarin goes with the vanilla perfectly, but it does seem a tad watery on me. I can't detect any plum at all, but there is something else underneath the watery mandarin - peach perhaps?

The peony note develops very quickly and lasts through the perfume's wear, I think that the already existing powdery notes help strengthen the note and carry it. The jasmine is milder, but is also easy to pick out and a bit of mandarin seems to be tangled up with it. Avon has only listed two floral notes because, apart from a soft hint of rose, that is all that really stands out. I could list what florals are used in the Victoria's Secret perfumes as I'm quite sure that they'll be more or less the same, but then I wouldn't be honest, as nothing else develops as much as the above mentioned notes.

The base is a airy mix of powdered vanilla and sandalwood, with a touch of musk running through it. There is still a lingering bit of peony which carries down with the rest of the perfume as it's fairly strong, but I can't detect any remaining florals after a few hours.

Official scent notes: Mandarin, plum, jasmine, peony, sandalwood.

It's an Avon mass market release and is a EDT concentration, but the lasting power is actually pretty good for the price; it wears for four to five hours on average. It wears much better then the original Secret Fantasy on me.

I think that this is suitable for wearing any time of day or night. Some people may think that it's too young and sweet for work, but I think the delicate florals break up the sweetness enough so that it doesn't seem too young, and none of my colleagues have complained about it, so I feel comfortable wearing it in the office. It's not too close to the skin, but is also not too loud, so I happily wear it for nights out too, as it is a noticeable fragrance, but isn't cloying or irritating.

The woods and vanilla make a comforting and warming mix for autumn/winter. Plus, the fruits are nicely mingled with delicate florals, so it doesn't seem out of place in the coldest months of the year. Based on it's scent-a-likes, I think that SECRET FANTASY STAR will continue to be very wearable as it becomes warmer; this is when the perfume being close to the skin will come in handy as the sweetness should remain light and fruitier.

This is the EXACT same fragrance as when I go though to the beauty department in Victoria's Secret; it's a blend of a few different perfumes, including the gentle floral notes of Ooh La La, the powdery vanilla overtones in Love Rocks and the soft fruits notes found in Victoria's Secret Angel.

SECRET FANTASY STAR isn't a alternate version of any one perfume from Victoria's Secret; instead it is a recreation to the scent of an actual Victoria's Secret shop. So, needless to say, I love it - it takes me back to various trips away when I wear it. This is one of those perfumes where I'm pleased, not disappointed, that it reminds me strongly of something else, as that something else is not available to me.

One thing that it doesn't remind me of is the original Secret Fantasy, as that focused on the fruit notes and they were so strong that they smothered all of the floral notes. The original also lacked the intensity to powdery tones of the vanilla that SECRET FANTASY STAR does very well.