April 18, 2014 | 1896 users online

Polishes - Wet 'n' Wild - Fast Dry Nail Color - Sagreena The Teenage Witch

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 12:14:00 AM More reviews by ChelseaRose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been searching and searching for this certain green that I wanted for my nails. A dark, emerald green. I looked everywhere and was prepared to pay $10+ to get an appropriate green polish. After all the days of searching, I finally, FINALLY found this. This is a beautiful green, what I would call a "Loki green" if anyone gets that reference! I paid $1.99 for this, so I definitely cannot complain about this polish, even with it's cons. It does take 3 coats to get it completely opaque, but it does dry very fast as it says. And I've read the other reviews saying it bubbles badly, and that hasn't happened to me yet but on one nail, so I can't list that as a con for me. After all the money I was going to pay and all the time I spent looking, this polish is perfect in my book!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by Meril

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I've been looking for the perfect emerald green nail polish (that won't break the bank) for a long time, and I thought I'd found it here, but apparently not. The color is vibrant enough (although it leans a little too yellow for my taste), and the handle has a countoured grip, which is much appreciated, but ultimately, this one is not a winner. Aside from the aforementioned color problem, as other reviewers have mentioned, it's very thin and requires several coats to get decent coverage. Second, and most importantly, it bubbles HORRIBLY. I didn't move my hands at all while it was drying, but now every nail on both hands is covered with all kinds of ugly bumps and bubbles. Yuck! I will very definitely not be repurchasing this, although it was so cheap to begin with, that I don't feel all that cheated.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2012 7:51:00 PM More reviews by DecoDolly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I almost took this back, untried, based on the reviews. Glad I didn't! Yes, it's thin, but I got it opaque in 2 coats. The color is a beautiful emerald green. Is it quick dry? Not really. But for $2 and such a pretty color, I'm happy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wet n' Wild 's FastDry Nail Color in SaGreena the Teenage Witch is a bright, shimmery, metallic, emerald green polish. FastDry polishes are promised to dry in 60 seconds per coat, and are supposed to apply in smooth, streak free, even coats. Each of the 24 colors in this range is named after a much loved TV show. Obviously this one is named after Sabrina the Teenage Witch, which I loved so much as a kid. Wet n' Wild products are not tested on animals and are made in China. The formula of this polish is toluene and phthalate free. I purchased the .46fl oz bottle at Rite Aid for $1.69, 30c off the regular price. Not a bad deal, yeah?
Though it's not particularly cute, Wet n' Wild's FastDry polish bottles certainly have more visual interest than most drugstore polishes. A very sturdy feeling, cylindrical glass bottle wit hthe name of the product and such written in silver lettering. There's a peel off tab on the back that reveals a full ingredient list. The black plastic cap is texturized on the sides, making it very easy to grasp. The cap is firmly attached to the top of the brush.
The brush, or more specifically the "Mani-Curve brush" which is "designed with a flat rod for ideal liquid dispersion and a rounded bristle tip to hug nails for a perfect application." Ok, cool. Really though, this brush is nothing special, nor are the bristles rounded on the tip. The brush is a little wider and longer tan average, and it's actually pretty stiff, but really, it's not a high-tech nail polish brush or anything. Wet n' Wild really over exaggerated their claims for this brush. That's never cool.
SaGreena has pretty fail application. If you're lucky, you can get away with three coats, but honestly you're probably gonna need at least 4 coats. Who really wants to apply that much polish? Probably along with base coat and top coat. That's a long time to do your nails with all those coats. The consistency of this polish is watery and thin, resulting in the first two coats being very thin, streaky, and sheer. The third coat adds much needed opacity, but it's still uneven with somewhat visible nail line. The fourth coat evens everything out, but it's still not 100% completely opaque, but there ain't no way I'm applying a fifth coat.

SaGreena the Teenage Witch is a really beautiful color. A rich, bright, almost emerald green with a shimmery, foily, metallic finish. I'd say its cool toned. The shimmers within this polish are various shades of green, which adds a lot of dimension. This color was really hard to capture on camera. I'm kinda in love with it.
Unlike the other two polishes I have from the FastDry range (Saved by the Blue, Party of Five Glitters), SaGreena actually does dry quickly! Probably in about 60 seconds as promised! Kudos, Wet n Wild.
Wear time for SaGreena is unfortunate. Because you need to apply so many coats of this polish, it isn't very stable on the nails, causing it to peel up in the corners when exposed to water. You can try to re-affix the polish with top coat, but generally once SaGreena starts to peel, it's going to come off in one piece. I generally get one to two days of wear from SaGreena, which makes me sad, because I love the color.
The poor wear relegates SaGreena to the category of toenail only polish. So unfortunate. Because of the poor wear, I can't really recommend this product. Wet n' Wild's SaGreena the Teenage Witch is a lovely color with an entirely ridiculous name. It's up to you if you want to spend two bucks on a lovely polish that may only last you a couple days of wear. I won't be repurchasing SaGreena, nor will I be tossing it out. I'll still be happily wearing this polish on my toesies.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2011 5:13:00 PM More reviews by IslandGirlSPN

I went to CVS looking for a green shimmery nail color so I can do a red and green Christmas theme nail polish combo on my nails. This color was perfect! Definately an appropriate Christmas green shimmer. The problem was that it look 4.....YES FOUR!! coats of this to get it to the bottle color. It is much much to sheer with less than that. I have never come across such a UNpigmented nail polish until this one. I have had great luck with a few other colors from this particular formula from WnW so I was surprised how crappy this one was. Also the formula is NOT fast dry. As a matter of fact it took a long time to dry, Longer than other nail polishes that do not claim to be fast dry. I even waited several hours and a day between coats. :( Anyway when I FINALLY got my 4 coats to set up I paired it with Sally Girl Sassy which is a perfect Christmas red to go with this. My nails look adorable but the hassle for the green isn't worth it even for the cheap 1.99 pricetag. It is a hit or miss with these WnW fast dry polishes.