July 30, 2014 | 978 users online

Lip Gloss - Burberry - Lip Glow Natural Lip Gloss in No. 01 Rosewood

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2012 2:55:00 PM More reviews by DEWW

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am obsessed with natural looking juicy pretty lips and this is it!!!! I love this gloss, it's really moisturizing, glossy but not over the top and not sticky, it's pink-brown and it matches perfectly my pigmented lips, for reference I have a scar from childhood on my lower lip and with this on this looks like I just have pretty hydrated lips with no scar, so it is pigmented enough to cover it, but looks really natural which is a look I am always looking; much better than dolce vita gloss for example. I am NC20-NC25 with dark blonde hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2012 5:49:00 PM More reviews by liangaf1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It took all the self control I possess to not immediately go online and order another 4 tubes of this lipgloss after first trying it. For me it is the long sought after 'your lips but better' lipgloss. I am fair (NC20) with lightly pigmented lips, and when I put this on, I was amazed (literally my jaw dropped) with how perfectly the shade matched that of my lips, but was enhancing and shiny. It's like the best pantyhose or foundation - it makes the appearance what you always want naturally, but which almost always requires a product to do so. Aside from the absolutely perfect color, other reasons why this deserves a 5 and repeated repurchases: shiny, not very sticky, lasts decently (2-3 hours, maybe 3-4 depending on how much water I drink), and the packaging lives up to the great packaging Burberry uses in its other beauty products. This is a minor odd point, but I really like that the tube is square, rather than round, so it doesn't roll away when I put it down. I'm very curious to try other shades, but I am so completely in love with this one that the trials may have to wait until I'm actually at a Burberry counter. I would absolutely recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2011 7:54:00 PM More reviews by lovelyday

I was checking out the blogger Beauty Scribbler and she had the most beautiful nudes pink lip gloss. I couldn't find the one she wore so I ventured over to the King of nude makeup to see what was available. I think I switched just about every gloss they had and I ended up with this one. It is the perfect pink nude lip gloss. I don't love too much color on my lip, but this is enough for me to feel finished.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2011 3:11:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

Burberry's Rosewood lip gloss is seriously my favorite gloss of the moment! In the tube, it looks super boring - a pinky-brown shade (more pink than brown), with no shimmer or pearl. However, on the lips, it is a different story. For reference, I have a light-golden complexion and dark hair and eyes with naturally pink-tinted lips, and Rosewood is really a MLBB (my lips but better) color for me. It is just the right balance of pink and nude-brown, and it makes my lips look plump and juicy without being over-the-top. It has enough color to wear well with a nude or neutral eye, but is also not too strong that it couldn't be weared with a smoky eye. It really is that versatile.

It applies smoothly and is quite long-lasting. (Without drinking or eating, it lasts a good 2 hours and keeps the shine.) The texture is creamy but doesn't bleed outside of my lipline. I don't get peely or chapped lips, as I do with some other glosses. The finish is a tasteful gloss -- not too glassy or tacky.

Like other Burberry glosses, this comes in a clear rectangular tube with a gunmetal signature-check top. The applicator is a sponge doe-foot which is comfortable and picks up enough product with each swipe. There is the signature "rose" scent that seems to be pervasive with all of the Burberry products, so if scents bother you, you may want to pass (I personally find it quite pleasant.) It retails for $27USD for a 0.2 oz container, and is worth every penny.

If you found Chanel's Giggle glossimer too brown or nude for your liking, definitely check out Burberry's Rosewood! continued >>