September 23, 2014 | 1407 users online

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2011 12:36:00 PM More reviews by lollsazz

UPDATE 21. April 2013:
The closest thing I've found to this that is a little cheaper is Artdeco's All in One mascara. It's really quite similar in consistency, doesn't flake, gives the same look, BUT has some kind of perfume in it.
UPDATE 08. March 2012: damn, I still love this! My tube is soon empty, and although it's a bit expensive, I think it's worth the money - I get happy in the morning every time I apply this because my lashes look so good! I really need to solve the mascara wand problem though - I don't like the wand this comes with! I need to find another that can fit the tube, because else I'm wasting product because of washing the wand I use after every application.
UPDATE: I still think this is awesome! This doesn't seem do dry out as fast as the other mascaras I've used, and it still doesn't clump. I still think it's a bit expensive though. If you think the price is OK, and you're searching for something non-waterproof (waterproof mascaras can be a bit too much for some people's lashes, making them brittle), then I recommend this!
For some reason, someone has listet "respectissime" as just one mascara, but Respectissime is really a whole range of makeup products for sensitive eyes. More about the claims of this product and the whole range at the end.
I have only had this mascara fro two days, but I'm already in love with it. I can't say I'm a mascara-junkie, but I have still had quite a lot of them (15+ in total), and this must be THE best I have owned!
When I tried this masara, I fell in love because it is very much like a mascara my mom had many years ago (that I have been searching for since I was 9 years old!): this doesn't make my lashes as crispy as with other mascaras, but rather covers them with a protective rubbery layer, that makes the lashes feel soft and doesn't weigh them down at all!. It is really black, holds a curl extremely well (at least on my lashes, which aren't much thick or dense), and fortunately don't come off or smudge during the day (no smudging or fallout, even though it's not waterproof - try to not get this on your skin while applying - it sticks pretty well not only to lahes) :D And oooh this somehow makes my lashes look so long! And: since it's for sensitive eyes, most people shouldn't have a reaction to it :) No clumping (yet?). Also: my eyes aren't as dry at the and of the day.
The only downside I see to this really is the applicator - it makes my not very dense lashes clump together. For someone with thick short lashes this may be just perfect! I just use a different applicator - the magic is in the formulation ;)
I definitely recommend checking this one out; maybe just try it with a different applicator, if you don't like the one it comes with. I rated the packaging 3 only because I really dislike the wand; wish mu other wand actually could fit the packaging perfectly :(
The Respectissime series are claimed to have been tested out on 14 000 women
This product - Respectissime Extension, lengthening and amplifying mascara - claims:
Formulated with a new fortifying polymer to smooth the lash scales and to boost the lashes from bas to tip
- to allow a better colour adhesion all along the lash
- to make the lash more resistant to the mechanical stresses of make-up appication and removal
Texturising waxes coat each lash for maximum extension. The wand allows customizing the looks intensity: a flat side to add volume to the lash, a toothed hedge to separate the lashes for maximum extension without overloading.
Safe for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers.
Respectissime series also features:
- densifying volumizing mascara with lash growth serum, without parabens
- defining, lash shaping mascara (not sure what is so special about this)
- subtle eyeshadow: streak free, anti-smudge hold
- eye pencil: anti-smudge hold
- intense eye liner: pro-adherent complex
Also: even tough mascaras from La Roche Posay seem great, this doesn't guarantee the rest of their stuff is great. For example, I don't like their concealers.