September 20, 2014 | 1716 users online

Fragrances - The Body Shop - Vanilla Body Spray

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2014 11:05:00 AM More reviews by nippydips

Good product, amazing scent Too bad it isn't long lasting on the body at all! :( Also for the price, I'd expect some quality that exceeds a great scent.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2014 10:05:00 AM More reviews by jealouspony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Vanilla is one of my favourite scents and I especially like it in skincare and body products. I wasn't entirely sure about buyin a body spray though, but I received this as a gift for Christmas and have been using it on occasion ever since.

I do like it - the scent is nice, sweet and not overpowering. But it doesn't stay for long at all, which you might maybe expect from a body mist like this. So I while I like it, I won't be re-purchasing this after I go through my bottle.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2014 8:55:00 AM More reviews by youwillneverfindme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Overall: not bad, but I don't like the scent enough for a repurchase in my "normal life".

A little too much powder mixed with "Warm Vanilla Sugar" for my ultimate love. But I'm backpacking in India, I love my vanilla, and beggars can't be choosers...which means I was dying to find a decent “vanilla perfume” and this certainly does the trick as it *very much* beats the typical backpacker or street smell here...so I probably like this scent more *now*, than I would back home, in the States.

Anyway, I bought 2 of these little things on a 50% off sale and will gladly use them up, but once I'm back to my normal life, I would not repurchase...I have other HG vanillas (that I horribly miss!). Lasting power is pretty good on my skin, especially for a body spray: I can smell it almost 6 hours later—but again, I'm in a place where this smells very different from the other “scents” around me. Here in Udaipur, India, these retail for 675-775 rupees, or about $11-13 for 100 mL or 3.3 fl oz, which puts them at around the same price as the US. Since I snagged them during a 50% off sale, making them about $5.50 a piece, I feel they were well worth it to me. I'd love the heavy feeling glass bottle and simple design if I were at home, but for travel, obviously, glass is not a first choice.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2013 6:28:00 AM More reviews by pineapple1187

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

[Review for the new version with glass bottle]. This body spray when first spritzed is a bit heavy, but when it melts on my skin it becomes an addicting buttery toffee vanilla smell. The vanilla I always wanted. I even prefer it over the EDT, which turns a bit more sandalwood on my skin. Lasting power is not great, unless it is sprayed many times over the same spot. I love it on my neck and when I layer it with itsself I catch whiffs of it many hours later. The only con is that I go through the bottle very fast, and I prefer plastic bottles for body mists.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2013 9:27:00 PM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is also for the new glass bottle version of this. I never tried it before, so I don't know if the old version smelled the same or not.

I love vanilla, so I thought I would love this. I do not like it at all. In fact, I threw it in the garbage. I think it smells far too powdery, and also has some strange floral scent mixed in that I don't like at all.

Also had no staying power whatsoever, but in this case, that was good, as I hated it very much.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2012 12:26:00 PM More reviews by aksharad

This review is for the Vanilla Body Mist which is a part of the newly released body mists in the glass bottle.. but since it wasn't listed anywhere, I'm reviewing it here.

This has been my go-to fragrance since several days because its such a sweet, warm and creamy vanilla scent. The staying power is also pretty decent for a body mist and lasts longer than than the strawberry and satsuma ones from the range. The bottle is quite pretty and minimalistic but its glass so I have to be really careful with it. The scent is pretty much through and through vanilla.. A bit too sweet and cloying initially, but it gets really cosy as time goes by and the result is absolutely delish! And a few friends actually commented that it smells a bit like chocolate, which is absolutely fine for me being a chocoholic!

All in all, if you're a fan of vanillary or foody-bakery sort of scents, this one's a must! It can also be layered with other scents just to add a bit of warmth and depth. I'll definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2012 1:02:00 PM More reviews by beautyprincess303

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This body spray reminds me so much of Bath & Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar. I feel so warm and cosy when wearing this (and I also get lots of attention from boys!) Haven't owned this for that long but I LOVE it!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2012 2:47:00 PM More reviews by blondbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Smells great I use this as hair spray when I use angel,the two fragrances compliment each other nicely my bf loves the smell on me when I spray the two together so that's a plus:) its not your usual creamy vanilla kinda smell its more a warm cosy tobacco pipe vanilla smell that smells divine mixed with angel on me,one lippie off the packaging I have to agree with the other reviewers it does look cheap but it smells great so no worries about the tacky bottle and the price is right to:)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2012 5:49:00 PM More reviews by gracep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this so much! It's cheap and it smells so good. Just a warning, though: it's not straight-up vanilla. I don't know what the combination is, but I think it's some kind of musk mixture, perhaps with a tiny bit of sandalwood. I always put on clothes that I've sprayed it on and go "Mmm, what's that?" then realise that it's this that's left on my clothes. It's soft and feminine, and I find it can also be layered together with other vanilla scents for a fuller, more unique kind of smell.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2012 9:33:00 PM More reviews by ChristinaMarieT

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this so very much! I love vanilla scents, and this body spray captures it perfectly. It's very warm, slightly musky, seductive, and pleasantly sweet smelling. It definitely lingers, too. I would definitely purchase this again, no questions about it. My only complaint is that it's so small, and for the price, should have much more of the product.