Viviscal

3.3

Tablet weight: 512 mg Each tablet contains Shark cartilage (Mako, Tiger, Dogfish) 250 mg Oyster (oyster meat) 50 mg Acerola cherry (Malpighia punicfolia, Berries) (std. 25% Vitamin C) 120 mg Silica (Equestrian arvense) Aerial parts 2.7 mg Non-medicinal Ingredients: Glycerin, hydropropyl methycellulose, Magnesium stearate, maltodextrin, Microcrystalline cellulose, orange flavouring, Silicon dioxide.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

It worked for we. After 3 months my hair was thicker (!) and grew faster. Great product. I have temporarily quit it because I'm trying to conceive and it is unknown if Viviscal can be harmful to foetus. I have tried various pills and vitamins like biotin but nothing works like this.

I have used Viviscal for 6+ months, and I'm done. I tried, ladies, I did.

Not only was the packaging inconsistent (I bought from Amazon, so who knows what I got), but my hair grew no more or less than what it normally does. I have the crappy dye job that won't die to prove it. 6 inches in a year -- half of that taking the Viviscal.

I'll grant you, on the Viviscal I lose less hair. My eyebrows, eyelashes, and nails all very clearly benefited from my taking it. However, you can get that with a good multivitamin that contains zinc and folic acid and biotin. Forking over $30-$40 every month is ridiculous. It works no more or less or better or worse than any other product on the market. This amino mar complex? Use fish oil.

I started using Viviscal to keep the hair I have. Female baldness runs in my family and I didn't want to be the next victim. After about a month or so of taking two pills a day, as directed on the package, my hair started to fall out in excess and I eventually broke out into a rash (from face to belly and back), so severe it required me to go to the emergency room. I've never had any prior allergies and have done nothing differently except to take Viviscal during that time. Thinking the allergic reaction may have been from something I ate, I continued taking the pills. Nevertheless, my hair continued to fall out. I decided to stop the Viviscal after reading some negative reviews on the Internet and miraculously, after a few weeks, my hair stopped falling out. I will never know for sure it was the Viviscal that caused these negative reactions, but under the circumstances I can only surmise. I am now stuck with four packages I can no longer use. Naturally very disappointed, but happy for those who have found positive results with the product.

I used Vivascal for 3 months. While I used it my nails started growing super quickly and they were very strong. Also all along my hairline I got a bunch of new hair growth. Right now it's all sticking straight up and out because it's not long enough to lay down. Keep that in mind when using this, new hair growth looks funky until it's longer.

Anyway the reason for my bad review is this stuff gave me horrible insomnia, which I've never had an issue with until now. Like I can/could not sleep at all. It's awful! It took about two and a half months for it to kick in. It has to be from the Vivascal since that's a side effect and also I didn't use anything new since that time frame. I stopped using this about two weeks ago and I am still having major issues with my sleep. Hair growth or nicer hair is NOT worth insomnia. I'd much rather sleep.

Update: About a month after stopping Vivascal my sleeping pattern has finally returned to normal. I also got my haircut recently and my hairdresser commented on the new hair growth I have. She couldn't believe it. It's growing all along my hairline all the way around my head. Kind of wish this stuff didn't give me insomnia because it definitely works.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I have 6 boxes of viviscal and now I have 4 that are going to waste. I've been using viviscal religiously for 2 months and the reason I started was simply to get longer hair. These last three weeks I've noticed that my hair is falling out so much more than it ever has. I literally will comb through my hair and half way through have to get rid of the massive amount of hair in my comb. I don't know if this product had reverse affects on me because I was using it for hair growth and not for hair loss. My hair has thinned so much in these last few weeks than it ever has before. I bought 6 boxes at once because its recommend to do 6 full months. Now I feel silly for buying so many when I hadn't even tried it. I read tons and tons of reviews and made my decision to buy all the boxes based on the great feedback this product had received on many different websites. I have very curly hair and I wash it about once a week. I know it sounds gross but my hair does not get oily or greasy and I straighten it and it takes about two hours to straighten my hair so I protects it at all costs during that week. Maybe not washing it regularly could have something to do with it? I have no idea. I really wish I knew how to make this product work for me because to say that I am so very disappointed is an understatement. I never ever write reviews but I felt like I had to tell you all about my experience. YES I am one person and what happened to me may not happen to you but I felt that it was important for me to share my experience. And also if anyone has any idea where or why this product went so wrong for me I would love to hear it!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I tried this product for two months and saw zero difference. Don't waste your money on this overpriced product.

I purchased this vitamin, and used it for a few months. I didn't see anything really happen to my hair at all. I know people are different, and maybe it just did not work for me. It doesnt mean I will bash the product, but it is aggravating when I use a pill for a few months, every single day for no reason. I then tried using HairFinity, and that stuff WORKS! At least for me it did. I have been using it for the past 4 months, and my hair has grown several inches. My hair is very dry and damaged, so it really has a hard time growing. I am also thinking about trying the Hair Skin and Nails pill from ITWORKS soon as well. I have heard really good things about it, so I will probably be ordering it soon. The reason I want to change the brand, is because just like with anything else, your body can get used to the same product after a while. I feel like the HairFinity is not working as well as it used to. But I think it is only because my body is used to it. When I first started with it, my hair grew like crazy in the first few months! Hope this helps someone..

This gets 3.5 from me. It worked well for me a few years ago, not working for me now.

My hair is normally very slow-growing, fine and dry. I took Viviscal pills about 4-5 years ago and saw noticeable change in about 2 full months: my hair was growing at a faster rate, felt fuller and was not as dry, maybe a little oily which was OK with me. Back then, I took it a total of 6 months and was satisfied with the results.

About 3 months ago, I had 2" of bottom layers cut off my hair and evened out to a long bob so I could grow it out better. At the same time, I decided to re-start Viviscal. This time, despite it already being a longer period, I haven't seen much change. Hair has grown slightly faster than usual but not as effectively as before. No texture change this time. It's thicker but that probably is from the haircut.

Both times, I diligently took the 2x pills daily. So it's odd that while it previously worked for me, it isn't doing so this time. I've got another month's supply left so will finish that. If I don't see similar changes, however, I won't try a third time.

Do not buy this. It's overpriced, useless, and has weird side effects (I'm basing this on the reviews by my fellow MUA reviewers).

I used this consistently for 5 months, which I believe is more than enough time for a product to prove itself. The only changes I got were more breakouts, and oily hair. My hair did not grow any faster, there was no added shine, nothing. I threw out an unopened package, the last one I had.

I searched, and searched about it before buying it. It seemed too good to be true, and it was. There were all these articles about Hollywood stars using it, all these fabulous results, and such.

For the price, you'd expect a miracle! It was pretty pricey, and caused more damage than good overall. Therefore, I would not recommend this product to anyone.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Didn't think I'd be reviewing this so soon after starting it, but unfortunately I cannot take it anymore. I'll cut right to the chase. I took Viviscal Extra Strength for a little over 2 months total taking 2 pills a day - one in the AM after breakfast and one at night after dinner with water. I am discontinuing use because since starting Viviscal, my monthly cycle has been irregular. I usually have a VERY predictable cycle and can plot on my calendar which day (give or take 1 day) I am going to start my cycle. While on Viviscal, I got my period every 3 weeks or sooner. The first month it happened, I didn't think much about it and thought it was a one time thing. The second month, I began thinking of what could possibly be causing these shortened cycles. The only difference in my life that I made was that I started Viviscal. I didn't change my diet, exercise regimen, birth control, or other supplements. I am suspecting that it was the iron in the pills that was causing the irregularities. 2 pills a day gives you over the daily requirement of iron, so that *might* be the cause, but I'm not sure.

I started searching online for other reviews that might mention irregular cycles and found 2 other people on Amazon that had the same problem after starting Viviscal. Despite this suspicion, I kept taking the pills and another 3 weeks later, it happened again. I have decided to discontinue use because it is not worth it to me to mess with my body for the sake of vanity. In addition to the cycle problem, the pills caused a bit of stomach upset and sometimes bloating. I did get 2 cysts (acne) on my face, but I didn't think it was a big deal. My hair definitely got greasy a lot faster than usual. Normally I can go 3-4 days without having to wash my hair but while on Viviscal, I had to wash my hair every other day.

I will say that during the time I took Viviscal, the baby hairs around my hairline all got longer. I have A LOT of baby hairs and was really excited about the progress. I definitely would have kept taking these pills despite all the other issues I mentioned had it not messed with my cycle. I didn't notice my hair getting thicker during this time. All in all, I was very eager to try Viviscal and was encouraged by the great reviews, but I just cannot take this anymore due to the side effects.