August 29, 2014 | 1009 users online

Hair Treatments - Viviscal

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2014 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Farrah2

I started taking Viviscal 3 months ago. I have suffered (probably hormone related) hairloss for the last 2-3 years as part of perimenopause. I've always had pretty clear skin but it went all wonky over the last couple of months. Why? I thought it was my diet, I thought it was candida, I thought it was perimenopause, I thought it was allergies. My skin was red and there were bumps all over my t zone that looked angry. I had to see a derm for skin cancer and asked him what he thought this flare up was. He said, oh, it's a touch of SD, which I didn't even know I had. Now I'm convinced that the Viviscal has caused this reaction. I went off it 2 days ago and hope to see some clearing in next week or so. As for the hairloss, I really didn't see much change but I only got through 3 months before my skin went crazy. Moral of the story is: be aware and listen to what your body is telling you. Cheers!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2014 12:44:00 PM More reviews by aimeeb212

I've been taking this twice a day for about 4.5 months now. I definitely noticed overall improvements in my hair and nails. I felt like my hair was growing faster, but I'm not really sure if that's even possible. I know my hair was damaged from dyeing it with dark brown box color for about a year and I feel like this kept me from having to cut it all off. I recently started having it colored/highlighted with a professional again and she said it was in pretty good shape considereing I was dyeing it all over from the box once a month.

Here is where I have the issue. My skin. I started breaking out with cystic acne again. My skin had been cyst free for over a year prior to taking these pills. The longer I took the pills, the worse my skin got. I couldn't figure out what was going on with my skin and ended up frantically trying a handful of different foundations/powders/concealers and skincare items. Even after the wasted money, my skin was still breaking out, then all of a sudden I had an "aha" moment and realized these pills could be the culprit. My skin started breaking out a few weeks after I started the pills. I stopped the pills immediately and my skin cleared up within two weeks and I haven't had a cyst since I stopped. I just went back to taking biotin once a day, which worked just as well.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/15/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by kittyrose

1. I didn't notice an increase in hair growth.
2. My skin got really bad on this, not sure why. It made me break out worse than I have in years.
3. Way too expensive

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2014 12:09:00 PM More reviews by Kathyrib

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I've just started Viviscal a few weeks ago. I lost my hair completely from chemo, but it
came back pretty full. Then I started on Arimidex which I'm suppose to take for 5 years.
After a little over a year I noticed my hair falling out and thinning a lot on top of my head.
I told the Oncologist that I wanted to stop the Arimidex for a while. I was just wondering
if anybody else out there takes any of these drugs and had the same problem and if
Viviscal helped the hair come back. Losing all my hair the first time I could accept. I know I should go back on the Arimidex but losing my hair for a second time, I'm finding hard to accept. I would appreciate any feed back. Thanks

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2014 1:03:00 PM More reviews by ALMerrick

I have been trying to grow out my hair from a short bob for about a year and a half now after a horrendous straightening treatment killed my beloved long hair forcing me to cut it all off. It is now past my armpits. I have been using Viviscal on and off (2 months at a time here and there), and it has worked wonders! It doubles the amount of time it takes for my hair to grow naturally. Instead of just 1/2" a month, I now grow a 1" a month! It's awesome. My hair used to grow so slow, but I can definitely say Viviscal has helped me 100%. I don't shed at all anymore - maybe just 1 or 2 hairs in the shower, so it feels thicker too. The only downfalls are that I break out a little (hence why I have just used it 2 months at a time here and there) and it's expensive (but I buy it with a coupon and Walgreen's card which helps a lot). Totally worth it though!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Ocean1234

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been taking viviscal hair growth programme maximum strength for 60 days. I have started itching terribly is this normal ? Apart from this I have seen good results. Can anyone expand on my experience of itching please ?

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 11:08:00 AM More reviews by BarbW21

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First off I want everyone to read and listen! Viviscal is a great product and it has worked for me as well as a large number of people that I know. Just read the reviews and you will know that it is a scientifically proven formula and has been on the market for a long time. I have been using Viviscal for about 14 months (Rogiscal for 6 of those months) and things could not be better.

I big problem that I have is the price and I don't blame them. I recently switched over to Rogiscal (a product that can be found on Amazon) and it has the exact same ingredients as well as an additional set that are known to promote hair growth (healthy hair). So if you do decide to go long term with this product (which is what is recommended) then I suggest Rogiscal. But Viviscal (and Rogiscal) both work.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by ThatLadyNextDoor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for 2 months and have noticed a huge difference with, not just my hair, but my LASHES as well. I'm so amazed! I was a little skeptic at first because I'm no stranger to hair growth products. Prior to this, I was taking Biotin for a year, but saw nothing. In fact, my hair grew slower and brittle.

I saw several ads about this product and glowing reviews. I researched quite a bit before committing to Viviscal. I'm an avid hair donor to Locks of Love, but over years, my hair has been growing so slow and thin. I went to the doctor to make sure if I had a health issues with my thinning hair. He said I was healthy. It's probably due to aging & hormones. I'm also a former user of Latisse, but when it was time to quit taking it, my lashes went back to the way they were - short, thin, and straight. Not with this product! My lashes grew so fast. I also noticed they flare at the corners, which, I've always wanted. As for my hair, it's growing quite a bit too. I no longer have to tease it at the crown. I know this product is working. I will continue to take it.

I will update in a few months, but, so far, it's been a godsend. But, I encourage you to research this product before you buy. I've noticed some people say they experience stomach aches. I learned it's best to take this with a full belly, morning & night. *****UPDATE (5/17/14***** It has been 6 months since I started using this twice a day. I can honestly say, IT WORKS!! My hair is so thick even my hairdresser noticed. I didn't mention this in the beginning, but he was actually the first one to point out to me that I had a bald spot. Well, bald spot no more! He was amazed at how this product worked for me, he went ahead and bought the men's product. I never had any stomach pains during the months, but only in the first stages. I have called the Viviscal CS on how long I should be taking this. They said one pill every other day for the upkeep. This product may not work for everybody, but I do have to point out that it does take months to notice NOT days. Hope this helps anyone interested trying this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by sephorgasm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I started taking this stuff daily a couple of months ago in an attempt to grow out a short inverted bob. It seems to be working! Seeing a lot of growth at the roots and my hair just feels nicer overall. Less frizzy and fine; more lush and heavy. I'm definitely going to repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by fabulousjason

This product was horrible for me. It upset my stomach, but I took it anyway for a month. I didn't notice much of a difference in terms of hair growth, but my skin broke out terribly and my scalp SD became terrible.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No