October 23, 2014 | 954 users online

Hair Treatments - Viviscal

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2014 10:08:00 PM More reviews by Francescasarah24

All I can say about this product is Wow. My hair is fine and limp and it grows painfully slow. I've been using this product for four months now I really haven't gained any hair but I haven't lost any and I can live with that. Before viviscal my hair would fall out alot, mostly in the shower and now i'll lose about 5 hairs the most. But when it came to hair growth Viviscal worked wonders i've been growing 1 to 1 and half inches a month. I cut my hair not even a month ago to my shoulders and it already grew way past my shoulders. I would definitely recommend this product for hair growth and keeping the hair you have but I wouldn't recommend it for hair regrowth for thinning hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2014 5:58:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I started taking Viviscal exactly one month ago - but wanted to start this review now, since there are a few things I've noticed that might be helpful to others. I read all the reviews here before starting on the product and deliberately chose to start in Fall, since I know the product causes oiliness (both to skin and hair) and the dryer air of Fall seemed like good timing.
Also, I should note that I have naturally very curly hair, pretty thick and it's past my shoulders. I'm not patient and I want it to grow faster! Also, I naturally tend to lose a lot of hair (or it feels like a lot). Plus, I have naturally thick eyebrows. Okay.
So here's what I've observed so far:
- for me, I noticed my 'baby hairs' all around my hairline had grown in within the first 3 weeks. It feels a bit like a layer of fuzz on my hairline, but whatever, it's fine!
- I noticed my eyelashes have been getting progressively longer - as in, they curl out on the sides now, like a natural 'cat eye' effect I usually do with mascara. I am very happy about this!
- my eyebrows grow in even faster than usual. I don't love this, but I'm used to tweezing them regularly anyway.
- my hair has grown, but I wouldn't say it's faster than usual. Not yet anyway. I think it's too early and will see what happens over the next few months. But! One thing that has happened is I lose a LOT less hair. This started to happen after week 3 - noticed fewer hairs coming out in the shower, and now it's very few, here or there.
But here's the key thing I observed and wanted to share:
- this product seems to stimulate all the hair follicles (not just on the head) to get into 'growth' mode. That's why all the little hairs on my head started growing immediately - but I also think it's the reason so many people experience acne. The product is made with oily fish so makes sense that this creates oiliness in skin and hair. Acne is basically hair follicles that are clogged with oil...so stimulating all your follicles with an oily product would naturally increase the likelihood of acne. I did notice in the first week, my skin was oilier, so I switched up my skin routine a bit and included an acne cleanser (Effaclar by La Roche-Posay works for me - gentle but effective) but most importantly - I use an AHA serum (also La Roche Posay) on my skin every day anyway. I've been using the serum for years now and it helps keep my skin clear. I've been very careful about using it every day (not missing a day) while I'm taking Viviscal.
I'm convinced that using that serum, and being super careful about cleansing, has helped enormously. I still think my skin is affected by the product, but no full blown cystic acne (knock wood). I realize this won't help everyone, and if you have naturally oily skin, I think this product would be too much and just make it worse. But if you have dry skin like I do, and don't break out much, being super-vigilant while taking this might ward off the breakouts.
I'll see what happens over the next few months and post my results. I'm optimistic about it!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by girlygirl15

It does make my hair a bit thicker, but im not sure its worth the $60. But if you have balding spots you should check this out because it does work a little. and if your hairs thinning you should get that fixed

ps i think taking one pill a day is enough considering the amount of iron in this. Taking even a little more iron than you're supposed to causes hair shedding, so honestly i thin taking two pills a day is counter effective.

pss i think i found someone selling the original. If you bing search viviscal original and click on the viviscalforyou.con link the manufacturer says they're selling the original. if someone wants to try that and find out if it works better... id try it but i dont know if i want to spend another $50 on this stuff

rated 2 of 5 on 9/11/2014 10:10:00 AM More reviews by dragonisdragon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I try not to write reviews or give advice on something unless i've used it for an acceptable ammount of time so you may notice I'll mention often how long i've used the product. I RELIGIOUSLY used this product to the exact instructions for a year. In salons i've noticed theyre often out of stocks and the stylists will mention how it they can't manage to keep enough in stock because girls buy like crazy.
I first got onto it because I read a mention of it from some famous hair stylist to the stars in a magazine. but after a year I can say that this did nothing. no increased hair length or growth or thickness. the two lippies given are because it at least did not cause any negative side affects. ridiculously priced this stuff and seriously save your money.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2014 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Farrah2

I started taking Viviscal 3 months ago. I have suffered (probably hormone related) hairloss for the last 2-3 years as part of perimenopause. I've always had pretty clear skin but it went all wonky over the last couple of months. Why? I thought it was my diet, I thought it was candida, I thought it was perimenopause, I thought it was allergies. My skin was red and there were bumps all over my t zone that looked angry. I had to see a derm for skin cancer and asked him what he thought this flare up was. He said, oh, it's a touch of SD, which I didn't even know I had. Now I'm convinced that the Viviscal has caused this reaction. I went off it 2 days ago and hope to see some clearing in next week or so. As for the hairloss, I really didn't see much change but I only got through 3 months before my skin went crazy. Moral of the story is: be aware and listen to what your body is telling you. Cheers!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2014 12:44:00 PM More reviews by aimeeb212

I've been taking this twice a day for about 4.5 months now. I definitely noticed overall improvements in my hair and nails. I felt like my hair was growing faster, but I'm not really sure if that's even possible. I know my hair was damaged from dyeing it with dark brown box color for about a year and I feel like this kept me from having to cut it all off. I recently started having it colored/highlighted with a professional again and she said it was in pretty good shape considereing I was dyeing it all over from the box once a month.

Here is where I have the issue. My skin. I started breaking out with cystic acne again. My skin had been cyst free for over a year prior to taking these pills. The longer I took the pills, the worse my skin got. I couldn't figure out what was going on with my skin and ended up frantically trying a handful of different foundations/powders/concealers and skincare items. Even after the wasted money, my skin was still breaking out, then all of a sudden I had an "aha" moment and realized these pills could be the culprit. My skin started breaking out a few weeks after I started the pills. I stopped the pills immediately and my skin cleared up within two weeks and I haven't had a cyst since I stopped. I just went back to taking biotin once a day, which worked just as well.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/15/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by kittyrose

1. I didn't notice an increase in hair growth.
2. My skin got really bad on this, not sure why. It made me break out worse than I have in years.
3. Way too expensive

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2014 12:09:00 PM More reviews by Kathyrib

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I've just started Viviscal a few weeks ago. I lost my hair completely from chemo, but it
came back pretty full. Then I started on Arimidex which I'm suppose to take for 5 years.
After a little over a year I noticed my hair falling out and thinning a lot on top of my head.
I told the Oncologist that I wanted to stop the Arimidex for a while. I was just wondering
if anybody else out there takes any of these drugs and had the same problem and if
Viviscal helped the hair come back. Losing all my hair the first time I could accept. I know I should go back on the Arimidex but losing my hair for a second time, I'm finding hard to accept. I would appreciate any feed back. Thanks

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2014 1:03:00 PM More reviews by ALMerrick

I have been trying to grow out my hair from a short bob for about a year and a half now after a horrendous straightening treatment killed my beloved long hair forcing me to cut it all off. It is now past my armpits. I have been using Viviscal on and off (2 months at a time here and there), and it has worked wonders! It doubles the amount of time it takes for my hair to grow naturally. Instead of just 1/2" a month, I now grow a 1" a month! It's awesome. My hair used to grow so slow, but I can definitely say Viviscal has helped me 100%. I don't shed at all anymore - maybe just 1 or 2 hairs in the shower, so it feels thicker too. The only downfalls are that I break out a little (hence why I have just used it 2 months at a time here and there) and it's expensive (but I buy it with a coupon and Walgreen's card which helps a lot). Totally worth it though!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Ocean1234

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been taking viviscal hair growth programme maximum strength for 60 days. I have started itching terribly is this normal ? Apart from this I have seen good results. Can anyone expand on my experience of itching please ?