October 25, 2014 | 1795 users online

Hair Treatments - Moroccanoil - Dry No More Scalp Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2013 11:24:00 AM More reviews by tallglassofH20

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product. It has helped my dry scalp like nothing else has. I get a dry, itchy and flaky scalp every winter. I have tried every shampoo on the market and they will solve the problem for a day or two. The Moroccan oil lasts for weeks. You apply it to your scalp, massage then comb it through. Let it sit for 15 minutes or so. You can feel it working immediately, then you shampoo it out. It leaves my hair so silky and lovely. Not to mention the relief I feel in my scalp. No more itches, no more flakes. It is very expensive, so I suggest purchasing it on Amazon instead of through a salon. I saved quite a bit of money that way. Also, you only use a little at a time, so even though it's expensive it lasts a long time. I wish it weren't in a glass bottle, but since you only use it every now and again, I don't need to travel with it. I want to try the other products in this line, I love this so much.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2011 8:49:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Moroccanoil has recently come out with 2 scalp treatment oils - one for oily scalp and one for dry scalp. My scalp gets so dry, itchy and flaky as soon as the cold weather hits and the heat goes on. It's actually embarrassing to wear a black sweater because of the dry skin flaking off my scalp and my stylist has assured me over and over that I don't have dandruff but it's actually dry scalp. In past, I'd been using Clarins's Blue Orchid Oil on my scalp to help with the dryness and it did work but it's awfully pricey. Enter "Dry No More Scalp Oil". This comes in the traditional brown glass bottle but it has a dropper to apply. You're supposed to use it pre-shampooing and section your hair, applying a drop or several drops to each area of the scalp and then massaging it in. I don't use it like this - I figure what's the point if I'm just going to be washing it away (it's sort of like applying your moisturizer BEFORE cleansing your face). I put a drop of this oil onto my fingertips and rub the oil into the areas of my scalp that are dry and itchy AFTER washing and drying my hair and it works really well. I try to be careful not to get it onto my hair. It doesn't make my hair or scalp greasy (though I imagine if you got too much of it on your hair, it could). I use it very sparingly and, so far (it's only early December), it does seem to be working. It smells like tea tree oil mixed with the standard Moroccan Oil scent but the smell doesn't last. If it continues working well as winter progresses, this will be a definite "repurchase" item, though the bottle, in relation to how little you need to use, will probably last me through 3 or 4 winters! Totally worth trying out if you have itchy scalp in the winter (or any time, I guess).

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No