September 16, 2014 | 1916 users online

Eye Shadow - Hard Candy - Eye Def Metallic eyeshadows

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2014 9:59:00 AM More reviews by Jeng1128

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok I am in love with this. I ended up getting it because I bought a lot of hard candy makeup-brand new, but I couldn't pick the colors or products but for $12.82 I got 15 brand new products, it ended up being a steal. One of the things I ended up with was Hard Candy Eye Def(eyeshadow) in Jagged Jade. Now I'm far from some beauty expert, and jade green would NOT be a color I would personally pick out. So I asked my aunt if she wanted it, and since she owns a hair salon she knows a thing or two about makeup. She goes you keep it. It could bring out your small brown eyes. So I just tried it out. Love it. It's fairly easy to put on(although I did need some q tips.)It dried quick enough so I didn't get green all over my brow bone. All in all a great buy.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2014 1:29:00 PM More reviews by thecoralfang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought three of these on an impulse, just because I loved the colors and they seemed like neat products.They were definitely a waste of money. Even with a Smashbox primer, they won't go on smoothly. They dry VERY quickly, making even application almost impossible, and then, with even just a thin application, it cracks and flakes off, with or without primer, and they aren't blendable at ALL.

Every now and again, I see them in my collection and pull them out to use them, hoping they'll magically work because they're just so cute, but I'm always disappointed. I should probably throw them away already. That's what I get for thinking I could buy cosmetics at Walmart!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by GirlieReview

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hard Candy Eye Def Metallic Eyeshadow in #426 Golden Earth is definitely metallic, but sheered out, it's very wearable. Applied heavily it is a full on metallic bronze. Sheered out it is much warmer, redder and softer, not as metallic.

The eyeshadow has a thick cream texture that is easily applied with the doe foot applicator. The packaging itself is underwhelming. It's a super long plastic tube with an equally long applicator wand. I suspect that you would waste a lot of product because of the packaging, but since there's virtually no danger of me ever running out of any of my color cosmetics, it's not something I'm going to worry about, especially at this price point.

It sheers out easily and it dries down quickly. It's perhaps not quite as quick to set as the Hard Candy liquid eyeshadow, but it is set in less than a minute and I didn't find it prone to creasing as it dried. I did not leave my eyes closed while it set, though you certainly could if you're worried about it. It does dry quickly enough that I would recommend applying it to one eye at a time. Once it is set, it is very budge proof and not at all tacky. It does need to be removed with an oil cleanser or oil based makeup remover.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2013 3:15:00 PM More reviews by pigmentpro

OBSESSSSED with these and all of the fun shades they come in!! You do not need to use an eye primer at all because it is a wet product and takes a few seconds to dry and stays on like glue all day long. These make amazzing statement to the eyes and I get tons of compliments wearing them. It comes in a tube with an applicator wand and u just paint it onto your lid, this does take a bit of precision and will smear if you open your eyes while wet so you have to wait for them to dry. If you can get the teqnique down on how to use it, its a really cool product and u can use several looks with it. This product does not work at all with hooded eyes because it will crack in the creases. Some comments below complain of how difficult it was to wash off as mine did just fine with facial soap and water. FUN PRODUCT!! LOVE

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2013 7:28:00 PM More reviews by NotAfraid2BeMe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have this is disco. It's so hard to make the eyeshadow smooth, and by the time you do, the color is gone. All that is left is glitter. I tried to put shadow under it, but it just wiped off. I'll use it up by smearing a little under my lash line but I won't buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2012 7:57:00 PM More reviews by Karowin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in the color "Ditch", and eyed it each time I went to Walmart until I bought it. While I don't use it everyday, it is primarily because it is way too flashy for everyday use. It is a nice, very sparkly bronze color with gold micro glitter. I don't need to use primer with it, and my eyeliner stays put on top. The only thing I don't like about it is how difficult it is to make a smooth consistent application, usually I have to go over it a few times. However I would probably repurchase, but it'll last a long time before I get around to that/

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2012 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this color in brown, it is extremely attractive.. BUT trying to get this stuff off is a nightmare. Especially if you do not have a primer underneath, or use some oil based makeup remover. Ultimately all that tugging, and rubbing might be bad for the delicate skin around the eyes. It doesn't blend easily on it's own , so check for that.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2012 12:21:00 PM More reviews by EMILEEROCK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just started getting into Hard Candy eye shadows & liners (their mascara's are crap!). I got the eye-def molton earth cream shadow and I absolutley love it. The wand is perfect size for your eye lid and it goes on so smoothly. I used it before a night out and when I came home, looked in the mirror it looked as if I had just applied it. I only had to do one coat. Sometimes I apply a little shimmer shadow (different brand) over top that looks good too. I have to admit some of their stuff is a little cheap not only in price but in quality as well. But this cream shadow is a keeper for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2012 2:08:00 PM More reviews by joannas20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is complete crap. It was only $6 but I still feel ripped off. The glitter shadow does not spread nicely. In fact you have to dab it on in order to keep th glitter from "chunking up". It is a nice color but so not worth it. I have to say I am really disappointed and have no interest in buying any other Hard candy products. Do yourself a favor and skip this one. There are so many other good brands to check out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2012 5:34:00 PM More reviews by wynterandkaylinsmommy123

I have this product in pool boy. Its a very beautiful blue glitter. In the package it has a green hint to it but i noticed it only comes out blue but thats fine with me. I only use this when i go to parties though b/c i dont like wearing glitter in daylight. This product lasts me all night even though the glitter does flake off but the blue stays on like glue. I love it. I do wish i got a non glittery one but i was just so attracted to this one. And since i only use it at night i still have a whole lot of product left. I am a mother of two as well so i dont party as much as i would love to but i will always keep this product on hand. Thank god for hard candy because they have the perfect makeup for parties and halloween.