Bliss Labs Lemon & Sage Soapy Sap

3.9

on 10/22/2013 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

What a load of expensive swill. I like citrus scents, even lemon and lime scents, but this really smells like Lemon Pledge. It's too much for me, I'm not even sure I'll finish the large bottle I bought. It also doesn't suds very well, even though it has SLS in it. It doesn't dry out my skin, which is good, but that's it's only redeeming quality. I can get a shower gel at the drugstore that's much better than this. Soooo, unless you love Lemon Pledge, or like very strong lemon scents in general, go ahead and skip over this.

on 8/26/2011 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I got a very large 16oz size of this for free with my clarisonic purchase. What can i say, not the greatest free product, and I have lots of it. I think its sort of refreshing but in an artificial lemon scent. It is a clean rinse formula is great after a workout, but its ok. Doesnt cause backne so thats good and it doesnt irritate my dry legs. I will use it up but there are far better body washes out there.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have to say that this is one lemon-scented product that does indeed smell like PineSol. I'm a lover of citrus scents and this one makes me queasy. Additionally, I find that this is the most commercial cleaner-like of the Lemon Sage family- the hair products are more herbal sage and the lotion is a lighter, more bearable lemon. While the thickness and lather of the product were nice, the scent is too yucky for me to revisit.

on 8/19/2010 1:47:00 AM

Note: I have the Lemon and Sage Soapy Suds...not sure how it's different, but what the hey. In general, this product is pretty good -- nice lemony scent (perfect for rising off those hot sweaty summer days!), foams up well and doesn't make my skin super-dry. However, $20 for shower gel is pretty steep for my budget so this won't be a repurchase. If I had money to burn on shower gels though...I'd be running back to Bliss in a heartbeat!

on 7/7/2010 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I bought this at Marshall's, so I paid a good price, but I probably wouldn't pay full price for it, as I normally use Philosophy's products. The scent is great for summer -- refreshing, lemony (without smelling like cleaning product) and herbaly. Doesn't dry my skin, and washes away cleanly.

I have to say that I'm pretty surprised that this has gotten such lackluster reviews. I really love this product. Even though it is a gel, it is extremely moisturizing. So moisturizing, in fact, that is has really helped with my KP on my arms and the rough patch on my knee. My skin is silky soft. While it has an initial lemony smell to it, I find that it dissipates very quickly. I can understand why some might find the smell a bit clinical though. I wish it was a bit more lemon scented, but the moisture the product provides is really the reason that I love this product so much.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Full of parabens... BLECK!! You would think a company offering such an expensive product would care about preventing breast cancer and keeping it's patrons healthy. Pass....

on 2/13/2009 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I received this product with my huge Bliss sale haul and finally used it during a recent hotel stay. Personally I am not a fan of the smell, but I have to add that it did not really irritate my skin as much as other scented products do. That said, it is not a refreshing fragrance in my opinion and there are a zillion other lemon scented products I'd rather use. I would not buy this full price, but can't say it's a bad product.

on 12/17/2008 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have a few little sample bottles of this so I decided to give it a shot. I like citrusy smells to help wake up in the morning. I don't really expect anything special from one shower gel to another. All I expect from them is that they smell nice and get some kind of lather. I love the lemon sage scent...but there's a lot less sage in the shower gel than in the body butter, so be forewarned if you don't like STRONG lemon. I do, so it was fine. It definitely helped rouse me from a zombie-like state at 6 am. The lather was pretty good without a lather pouf, so I think it'd be even greater with one. I'm not sure I'd shell out full price for this since Bliss is pricey, but I would enjoy it as part of a gift set, etc.

on 6/20/2008 10:01:00 AM

I think I'm alone in that I hate the scent of this product. It smells like lemony pinesol floor cleaner.

Top Rated Bliss Labs Products