July 24, 2014 | 1288 users online

Lipstick - L.A. Colors - All-In-One

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Another dollar store find that's ridiculously fabulous for a buck and I wouldn't be without it. Not to mention the compliments that I've received on my make-up when I've only used this stick as a lipstick, blush and eyeshadow. That's right. It's called the "All-In-One" for a reason, and believe me when I say, you don't need anything else, besides your mascara, setting powder, and eyebrow powder for a natural look that is so very easy and looks really good.
The color that I have is Pink Satin. I'm fair, blue-eyed and blonde and it works wonderful for me. I've been asked what color lipstick I'm wearing, or what color blush I have on, what eyeshadow I'm wearing, etc., when all I'm wearing is just this pencil all over. It's a creamy, lush, thick pencil that goes on smoothly wherever you place it. It glides up, so you don't have to worry about sharpening it. It lasts forever. This color is a deeper rosy hue that seems to fit my complexion, and brings out my eyes. I use it in the creases only for a more natural look. It seems to last all day long, but I also do use a setting powder. What a find for a buck!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2012 10:32:00 AM More reviews by elaize

So here's the thing. LA colors is very expensive (yes, expensive!) here in the Philippines if you purchase it at the department store. It can go up to 400 pesos (or 10 dollars) for a single products. But luckily, there's a store in a year round bazaar that sells these products dirt cheap.

This All-In-One may possibly be the best product EVER. I've used it on my eyes and cheeks but rarely on my lips as it taste horrible plus with my skin tone, it looks as if I borrowed the ice queen's lipstick. My only problem with this product is that under the tropical climate of the Ph, it partially melted, thus leaving the end flat. Aw. But it is still extremely usable and I do not leave home without it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2012 6:50:00 PM More reviews by mooshrimp

I saw this at my local dollar store (how many reviews of LA Colors start with that?) and decided to give it a shot. I had really been looking for the jumbo eye pencils but thought this was close enough and what the heck, it's only a dollar. As usual with almost every LA Colors product for only a dollar, I am wowed.

I tried this on my lips and the taste and smell were pretty bad, so I just opted not to use it there. But I love to wear pink and purple eyeshadow so I tried this as a base for some peachy shimmer eyeshadow and it REALLY made it pop. I will definitely be using this a LOT. Also, the twist bottom? Genius! Why don't more jumbo pencils use this instead of a sharpener? No waste, no breaking, you just get to use 100% of the product. There was a little creasing, but having it over a base and setting it with the eyeshadow really minimized that. If I had my eyes closed, you could see it, but otherwise not so much.

I'm really happy with this pencil. It's highly pigmented, goes on creamy and smooth, and has the best packaging I've ever seen on a large size pencil. If you spot these in your dollar store, buy them! Buy more than one!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2011 6:51:00 PM More reviews by iamlizlemon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is completely amazing! I bought it for a buck and wasn't expecting much. Although it comes in two shades (a pink & a blue) I have only ever seen the shade in Pink Satin. I've used it on my eyes, cheeks, and lips and it's a very workable color on all 3 areas. It is in a very chubby automatic twist-up pencil which works fine but has the tendency to twist up in my bag so that it squishes on the cap. I'm okay with that since it was so inexpensive. It comes with 3g of product which I think is actually pretty good since it's so well pigmented & you only need to use a small amount.
I didn't like it on my lips because it tasted horrible but it looked good & felt smooth. It also works very well as a cream blush and even better as a cream shadow stick. I LOVE it as an eyeshadow pencil. The pigmentation is extremely good (better than NYX eye pencils) and it has a sticky feel which makes it an excellent base for powder shadows. Since it is sticky, it will crease on its own without a shadow on top or a primer underneath.
All in all, I wish they made these in more colors because it is honestly a great yet inexpensive eyeshadow base & one of those fantastic 3-in-one products to keep in your purse for use when you're in a pinch.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2011 10:58:00 PM More reviews by DizzyNicky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I saw this in the Dollar Store many times and passed it buy. It comes in a fat silver pencil type stick. It's called L.A. Colors All-In-One, Lipstick, Blush Eye shadow. I guess I just needed to make a cosmetic purchase because the all-in-one concept sounded ridiculous to me but I bought it anyway. There's no color description on the packaging, I purchased a light pink shade, which I never do. When I got it home, I realized that you twist the end to produce more product, its not a pencil that you sharpen, which is what I initially thought. I put it on my lips and is is the most awesome pink lip color ever and the texture is very moisturizing. I don't think I'd put it on my eyes and its a little to dark for my cheeks but I love this product. Its perfect for adding dimension to your lipstick by adding it to the center of your pout. I need to go back and buy about 5 more so I have back up. I just love surprises like this little gem.