NYX Matte Lipstick (All Shades)

4.1

Bees Wax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) wax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla)wax, Ceresin, Microcrystalline Wax, Polyethylene, Octyldodeanol, Polyisobutene, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Oleyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Palmitate, Isostearyl Isostearate, Bis-Digylceryl Polyacyladipade-2, Tocopheryl Acetate, BHA, Fragrance. MAY CONTAIN: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), D&C Red No.6 (CI 15850), D&C Red No.7 (CI 15850), D&C Red No.27 Aluminum Lake (CI 45410), FD&C Yellow No.5 Aluminum Lake (CI 19140), FD&C Blue No.1 Aluminum Lake (CI 42090), or D&C Red No.36 (CI 12085).

on 5/23/2015 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I own Perfect Red, and it is quite the perfect red. It's a deep red that isn't orange-y at all; it's that true red I've been looking for. The lipstick is very matte. Application is pretty easy, not splotchy or difficult. It wears pretty well though touchups were required after eating, but the lipstick never really went away, just faded a bit. Love and hope to buy other colors!

on 5/19/2015 8:30:00 AM

I only recently discovered this make up brand in Australia and is only sold at selected stores. I have a few shades of the lipsticks. I am happy with them and I like the colours on me. And some of the colours look similar to some of the MAC lipsticks. I make sure my lips are in condition because lips can look a bit dry and crack with this lipstick so I always apply lip balm first and then apply lipstick. Would purchase again and more colours.

on 5/17/2015 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Overall, I'm a huge fan of NYX Matte lipsticks. They're affordable but are very good quality lipsticks that come in a huge variety of shades. They tend to stay put pretty well on my lips after I've eaten - slight lightening, but doesn't completely fade or bleed.

Short reviews for each of the shades I own - for reference, my skin tone is NC40-42:

Whipped Caviar: HG lipstick! It is the most gorgeous, MLBB mauve shade. It can be worn casually in the day as well as for the evening. It matches really well with NYX Slim Lip Liner in Mauve. LOVE!

Euro Trash: This color looks peachy on most online swatches, but on me, it comes out as more of a brown. I like it, but it's not a lip color one could wear all the time.

Natural: A vibrant, pink color that's suitable for weekend looks. Slightly too loud to wear to work.

Tea Rose: A pretty rose pink shade that is very close to Natural, but is slightly cooler. Again, this color slightly too loud to wear to work.

on 4/24/2015 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was just too dry looking on me. I found I just need a moist look/feel, maybe because I'm older and makeup that doesn't work is far less forgiving than when you are young. My lippies are for the colors which are pretty...

Have this in "Natural" and love it. It's definitely not a natural lip color tho haha. More like a dark berry pinkish color. Sort of gives you that "Kylie Jenner" lip.

on 3/27/2015 1:16:00 AM

I have this matte lipstick in Tea Rose and I like it very much. It's a lovely, mi-toned rose pink with some beige. It has great color pay-off, decent staying power. Drying somewhat, like most matte lipsticks. I like to put gloss in the center of my lips after blotting to moisten things up a bit and add dimension. Great product in cheap packaging for $6! Will purchase different shades in this formula.

on 3/23/2015 3:17:00 PM

These are very decent, opaquely pigmented matte lipsticks that can be a bit drying, so exfoliate and balm up first and you'll be good to go. I have this in the shade Nude, and I love it. It's a perfect pale peach, not nude at all. I wear this under Bite Syrah or over one of my OCC Lip Tars.

on 3/21/2015 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

It has lots of colors! Unfortunately it makes my lips dry, like really dry :(

on 3/19/2015 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really love these lipsticks. They're actually some of the cheapest matte lipstick i could find and they're really good for the price! They are very pigmented and not drying. Can be a little hard to apply just right, so i would reccomend using a brush for these :)
I have ''Perfect Red'', ''Merlot'' and ''Bloody Mary''. Perfect Red is a great, deep red colour, and my favorite red lipstick so far because i hate orangy reds but I don't like them to be too dark because of my light skin. Bloody Mary is an amazing, bright pink that's really unique because it can either look more redish or more fuchsia depending on the lighting.
Merlot is a great berry colour that i love so much!

I've got my eyes set on Street Cred next! :)

on 3/18/2015 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased the shade Euro Trash which is a medium pink, mauve color. I put a little lip gloss over it and I'm out the door. It's very smooth, applies evenly, great pigmentation and last long too!!

Already went out and purchased another one for safe keeping.

Popular Lipsticks